Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander climbs from his hole in the floorboards and answers his phone.

'Larry Carson here, how can I help you?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Hello Larry, this is Jacqueline, your Prince.

A couple of my people noticed some vans moving stuff out of your apartment. Care to explain?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Hello Larry, this is Jacqueline, your Prince.

A couple of my people noticed some vans moving stuff out of your apartment. Care to explain?"

'Jacqueline, I have acquired myself a... larger abode. I trust this is ok with you?

I have completed the tasks you laid out for me as requested.'

There is silence on the other end for a moment.

"Where are you now? In your apartment?"

There is silence on the other end for a moment.

"Where are you now? In your apartment?"

'Yes, the move is planned for tonight. How can I be of assistance?'

• Advertisement

The lights in the apartment flicker and Lysander hears a sound like a light wind.

Jacky speaks from behind him.

"How did you get the money for the new place?"

She kneels down on the floor looking at the stain. She then goes prone and licks the stain.

"This isn't blood, it's Vitae. Yours I hope?"

The lights in the apartment flicker and Lysander hears a sound like a light wind.

Jacky speaks from behind him.

"How did you get the money for the new place?"

She kneels down on the floor looking at the stain. She then goes prone and licks the stain.

"This isn't blood, it's Vitae. Yours I hope?"

Lysander nods.

'Yes. I had a... disagreement with a friend. Rest assured he is not a problem for us now.'

He pauses for a moment and moves to the kitchen counter.

'Money - why would I need money? There are.... other ways.'

He flicks his long hair over his shoulder.

'I trust you are please with my actions thus far? The tasks, as requested - have been completed. I even added a few... extras because I could.'

He pulls the vampire hunter's sword from behind his back and hands it to the Prince carefully.

'I think you'll find better use for this than me - as I said before, I abhor violence.'

"A black sword of the Society of Leopold, impressive" she says turning the blade in a way that catches the light.

"I'm beyond impressed Lysander, good work for your first few days here. Only two things I want to check.

First, your upward mobility was arranged by a ghoul correct? No issues with that, it is within your rights to have three in this city. However they carry your blood now. Under duress they may show weak signs of Obtenebration or get somebody with the right talents to taste their blood and they'll know you're a Lasombra. Keep a close eye on them. If you make any enemies, kill the ghouls as soon as possible.

Second, has anybody reached out to you to visit them?"

"A black sword of the Society of Leopold, impressive" she says turning the blade in a way that catches the light.

"I'm beyond impressed Lysander, good work for your first few days here. Only two things I want to check.

First, your upward mobility was arranged by a ghoul correct? No issues with that, it is within your rights to have three in this city. However they carry your blood now. Under duress they may show weak signs of Obtenebration or get somebody with the right talents to taste their blood and they'll know you're a Lasombra. Keep a close eye on them. If you make any enemies, kill the ghouls as soon as possible.

Second, has anybody reached out to you to visit them?"

Lysander nods.

'Understood. And yes. The... Primogen. He wishes to thank me for solving his... problem.

Also there was a creature in the sewers who agreed to move to Sabbat territory... I think he could be an interesting ally.'

Lysander describes the creature in the sewers.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander nods.

'Understood. And yes. The... Primogen. He wishes to thank me for solving his... problem.
    "Good.

Go see him and let me know your impression of him afterward."
    Also there was a creature in the sewers who agreed to move to Sabbat territory... I think he could be an interesting ally.'

Lysander describes the creature in the sewers.
    Her face is immobile while Lysander describes the beast.

"A Tzimisce elder, a lethal being....and possibly the Sabbat's new bishop, we haven't managed to catch the new bishop out in the open.

When you say he could be an ally, what do you mean?"

• Advertisement

"Good.

Go see him and let me know your impression of him afterward."

Lysander nods. 'Yes... one problem though. He lives in a territory outside of my jurisdiction. Any pointers on making it there without angering the locals would be appreciated. I already had a close encounter with a... ghoul I think.'
    Her face is immobile while Lysander describes the beast.

"A Tzimisce elder, a lethal being....and possibly the Sabbat's new bishop, we haven't managed to catch the new bishop out in the open.

When you say he could be an ally, what do you mean?"

'He seemed interested in me joining them. It would be dangerous, but if I could infiltrate the Sabbat I might be able to get the locations of some of their leaders within the city.

Of course I would need permission from you to do this.'

Lysander nods. 'Yes... one problem though. He lives in a territory outside of my jurisdiction. Any pointers on making it there without angering the locals would be appreciated. I already had a close encounter with a... ghoul I think.'
    "That would be part of his test, you'd 'fail' it if I arranged something I'm sorry to say" she says rolling her eyes on the word 'fail'.

"The Tremere are tediously obsessed with games, mysteries and hierarchies. They're my least favourite clan to govern....." she trails off.
    'He seemed interested in me joining them. It would be dangerous, but if I could infiltrate the Sabbat I might be able to get the locations of some of their leaders within the city.

Of course I would need permission from you to do this.'
    "Join the Sabbat? A very dangerous game. You will most likely be killed by them, however you don't know enough for me to worry about them catching you....." she paces back and forth "...you have my permission."

Lysander nods.

'I will have to be careful though. The elder was able to see within and whether I was lying. But... he seemed interested. I may try, I may not.'

He shrugs.

'Is there anything else you require doing? I find myself at a loose end currently, with the exception of meeting the Tremere Primogen of course.'

"A Toreador recently went on one of their 'sense raves', a hedonistic weekend of sorts. Great and all, but she sired three young vampires. We need them dead, if you can find them. They were all just out of high school and hung around at the Santa Monica Place mall. Make it look believable."

"A Toreador recently went on one of their 'sense raves', a hedonistic weekend of sorts. Great and all, but she sired three young vampires. We need them dead, if you can find them. They were all just out of high school and hung around at the Santa Monica Place mall. Make it look believable."

Lysander smirks.

'I have an idea that hopefully will not involve me getting my hands dirty. Young vampires with a hunger for blood. Yes, I think I can resolve this.'

She smiles back.

"I'll be interested in hearing about it."

She pats him on the shoulder and following a barely visible blur coming over her is suddenly out of sight.

Lysander flips open his phone and calls Rebecca (OOC: Assuming she would have put her number here)

'Rebecca my sweet, is everything ready? I wish to see our new living space.'

"Yeah, I got everything ready, we're on 731 Cedar St. Santa Monica. I've got you in my son's old bedroom....I can't believe they gave Jonathon custody, if I didn't have you, it'd be too much....I love you Larry."

"Yeah, I got everything ready, we're on 731 Cedar St. Santa Monica. I've got you in my son's old bedroom....I can't believe they gave Jonathon custody, if I didn't have you, it'd be too much....I love you Larry."

'And I you, Rebecca. I shall be there soon. But first... have you a car? I have need for it - errands to run for...later.'

"Well Jonathon left his old Taxi here and took his car. You can have that or my Porche"

• Advertisement

"Well Jonathon left his old Taxi here and took his car. You can have that or my Porche"

Lysander thinks for a moment.

'The Taxi for now. Drop it around to my old place and I'll reward you early. And then later again if you wish.'

Half and hour later she appears at the door wearing a revealing dress.

"I've got your taxi Lysander...." she bursts out crying "...I miss the children, I can't pretend I don't....what will I do?" she looks at him eyes full of tears.

Half and hour later she appears at the door wearing a revealing dress.

"I've got your taxi Lysander...." she bursts out crying "...I miss the children, I can't pretend I don't....what will I do?" she looks at him eyes full of tears.

Lysander looks at Rebecca.

'I know it is difficult. But it is for the best, you understand? Now come to me, and I will make you feel better.'

Lysander looks into the woman's eyes and uses his Command:

'Drink'

He opens his vein for her.

Rebecca had a strong will, the convulsing on the ground attests to that, her mind is fighting to remain in charge as the Vitae enters her brain stem. Lysander can feel some of her hopes and dreams being replaced with a shadowy awareness of his goals. In some ways, the person that stands back up is not the old Rebecca.

"Wow, sorry about that honey, I had a weird dream, I used to be married, like years ago, it all just came flooding back.....anyway, you want to check out the new place?"

Rebecca had a strong will, the convulsing on the ground attests to that, her mind is fighting to remain in charge as the Vitae enters her brain stem. Lysander can feel some of her hopes and dreams being replaced with a shadowy awareness of his goals. In some ways, the person that stands back up is not the old Rebecca.

"Wow, sorry about that honey, I had a weird dream, I used to be married, like years ago, it all just came flooding back.....anyway, you want to check out the new place?"

Lysander smiles.

'Yes. I'd like that very much. I shall visit our new home and check in with my....cousin.

Then I have errands to attend to.'

He looks around one last time at his former home, smiling a little. Things are looking up for him already.

'Mind if I drive? I haven't driven in quite some time, I miss it.'

"Of course not my dear"

The drive only takes a few minutes, but Rebecca smiles holding his hand the whole way.

They arrive at the nice two story detached suburban house. She shows Lysander to his room. Everything from the previous occupant is gone. Lysander's laptop sits on a nice new desk and she even has some new clothes in the wardrobe.

Lysander looks at Rebecca.

'I presume your home has an alarm system? I will need the codes. When I am not here you should have it on at all times, and also during the day. I wish for you to continue your normal daytime activities, so as not to raise any.... suspicions.'

He seats himself at his new desk and turns on his laptop, logging in to see if there is any new information.

There are three new messages.

Nice work Mr. Carson, the restaurant is yours. I recommend entering in through the kitchen. The staff have been informed of the new owner and his preference for speaking to special customers alone.

Regards,
    G. Golden.

The Prince has informed us of your efforts in this regard Larry. Wow, a genuine Society of Leopold member. That could have gone quite badly. As the Ventrue own the beach and you're of our blood, I have requested the Primogen let you formally join the LA branch of the clan.

In the meantime, please accept $10,000 as appreciation.

Jessica.

You exceed yourself Mr. Carson. Up and Up as they say. I am now all the more eager to meet you

M Strauss

Lysander smiles to himself after the work during the last few nights. It seems to be paying off.

How to visit the Primogen is playing on his mind, he can't quite figure a way to do it without drawing attention to himself negatively.

It may have to wait for another night.

He flips open his phone again and calls Lydia.

'Lydia my sweet, how fares the day.... have you any information for me?'

• Advertisement

'Lydia my sweet, how fares the day.... have you any information for me?'
    "I think I can tell when people are like you Lysander, you know pale and cold.....not that I mind of course my sweet.....I seen one on the street, but he just smiled at me.

Nothing else really."

Advertisement