Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VtM Part One - New Arrivals

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander thinks.

'Well killing him would be simple. But not how I operate generally, if you must know. I have a way...'

He picks up the receiver.

'Any luck with the home address? A description would be helpful too and that is all I require for tonight. Although... a search of his home and collecting some photos of my friend would be greatly appreciated.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Any luck with the home address? A description would be helpful too and that is all I require for tonight. Although... a search of his home and collecting some photos of my friend would be greatly appreciated.'
    "1156 11th Street Santa Monica, apartment C

Can't order the search my friend. That would be pushing it."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Very well. What does this Stevens look like? I shall handle it myself. Last question, I promise.'

'Very well. What does this Stevens look like? I shall handle it myself. Last question, I promise.'
    "White, not in the best shape, beard, 5'8''

Oh and glasses."

'Thank you Jeff. Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful friendship.'

Lysander hangs up the phone.

'I best be on my way, Prince.'

He stands and bows.

'The photos first. Then the hospital. Thy tasks will be honoured.'

• Advertisement

"Good luck and again....I'll be watching"

The lights in the room flicker momentarily and the Prince is nowhere to be seen.

Lysander leaves this time via the stairs, taking no chances with the elevator.

OOC: Presumably he makes it to the foyer.

He glances around to see if anyone but the security guard is present.

The security guard is present, but a homeless man is singing to himself outside near the doors.

Lysander walks up to the security guard.

'Our friend wishes you to get rid of this.... *cocks his thumb towards the door* nuisance.'

"Well she pays the checks"

He gets up and heads toward the homeless man.

• Advertisement

As the security guard leaves, Lysander checks behind the security desk for the appointment schedule.

He looks up again to see if anyone is looking.

Nobody looking, the schedule is a simple punched A4 binder with today's schedule the front sheet.

OOC: Differences between VtM and D&D. Punched A4 binders vs Abomination Gods.

Zysander rips out today's schedule and pockets it quickly.

Then he steps back and awaits the return of the security guard.

"Yeah and stay out ya bum!"

The guard returns to the desk.

"Man, what an asshole!"

He puts his feet up and begins reading the paper again.

Fourier wrote: »
    "Yeah and stay out ya bum!"

The guard returns to the desk.

"Man, what an asshole!"

He puts his feet up and begins reading the paper again.

'Thank you my friend. I have another request of you before I take my leave...'

Lysander trains his gaze on the guard, waiting for the paper to drop from his eyes to establish direct eye contact.

OOC: If he looks at me - it's Mesmerize time!

The guard looks up and Lysander's eyes go bloodshot.

The guard blinks and looks confused, he isn't totally stupefied, just open to suggestion.

'Should anyone ask you about our meeting tonight, the name you will give is Larry Carson.'

"Another of Smith's requests I suppose. No need for the Letter of Approval, just pointless paper work. You got it pal"

Lysander breaks the gaze and nods.

'That will do. Thank you.'

He leaves via the main door and looks to hail a taxi on the street.

A taxi pulls over.

"Hey man, where to?"

• Advertisement

Lysander hops in the front seat, in case of issues.

'The Ebar in Santa Monica. I'm going to meet a friend.'

"Hey pal, how are you doing that?"

The cabby laughs as he looks into the backseat and then into the rear-view mirror.

"That's incredible!"

'I'm a magician. In town for a convention. You like? The name is Larry Carson.'

'I'm a magician. In town for a convention. You like? The name is Larry Carson.'
    "Wow pal, you'll knock them dead. The kids will love this!"

He takes out his mobile and starts the camera app.

'Won't work either my friend. Now, our destination please?'

The man sits dumbfounded looking at his phone.

"What, but seriously that's impossible.....pal that's....." he laughs

"What a cab ride...sure thing, I'll head there"

They arrive outside the Ebar.

"Pal, seriously half fare, that was amazing, like a private magic show!"

'Make sure to check out my show next time I'm in town. If you want... I can give you and your family a private show before I leave. Just give me your number... and I'll be sure to arrange something with you in the future.

In return, if I need a taxi, I can call you... no questions asked... what do you say?'

"Wow, man, that's....crazy but sure"

He gives Lysander his number and pulls off.

Lysander stands outside the coffee shop. It's 2AM. Sun is up at 6:30.

Within three disaffected looking staff chatter, as an old man sucks on a latte and a man matching Stevens's description sits hammering away on a laptop.

Lystander enters the cafe and goes up to the counter.

'I'd like a cappucino please, and whatever my friend is drinking down there. If you could drop it down to us that would be helpful.'

He then heads down to where the man who looks like Stevens is seated.

'Gary Stevens, I presume? May I have a seat?'

• Advertisement

He types furiously and then looks up.

"This better be good pal....I'm working on something here...as in a real noteworthy story good, I assume you know who I am"

The waitress brings down the coffee.

"A special, just the way you like it Mr. Stevens."

He smiles at Lysander.

"Well at least you know something about getting in my good books" He relaxes "Okay go on"

Advertisement