Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Ring sales,I did, ask for a call back,,,24 hours waiting time

Same as, no call back yet.
    I had to ring them a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Has anyone successfully got this that didn't get a call first that is only on vf mobile and not broadband or tv?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully got this that didn't get a call first that is only on vf mobile and not broadband or tv?
    No from me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

No from me

No from me, but I'm putting it down to the bank holiday for the moment, will call again during the week.
    Went into a shop yesterday to inquire. They had no clue...

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

No from me, but I'm putting it down to the bank holiday for the moment, will call again during the week.

Rang them on 3 occasions over past few weeks and each time I was told I would have to go into a shop to TRY avail of a new deal, no guarantees I would, never made it to the shop.

• Advertisement

septicsac wrote: »

Rang them on 3 occasions over past few weeks and each time I was told I would have to go into a shop to TRY avail of a new deal, no guarantees I would, never made it to the shop.
    That's a balls,think they'd bite the hand off you to get u to join VF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

After being a Vodafone customer for almost 15 years and an ex employee of 6 of those years I ported out to 3 for a week before I realized my mistake and ported back in. That was about a month ago. I rang last week and the lady said she could try change the plan for me but wasn't guaranteed. 3 are doing free sims again so I was thinking of porting back out for 4/5 days and calling the sales line to port back in with this plan. I know its alot of effort but I asked in my local Vodafone store, my previous competing store ( :P ) and they said that its an offer that doesn't come up on their system and have lost new sign ups to the sales line. I think people going into a vodafone store for this purpose are at nothing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I need just a sim card for a gsm dialler for an alarm which would be the best Company to go with

torrevieja wrote: »
    I need just a sim card for a gsm dialler for an alarm which would be the best Company to go with

Best in my view VF, cheapest lycra,then Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yeah I was on to them on the weekend and got the deal. Bit of a run around though. Rang sales and was told I needed to go to a store to get the sim card and then to ring back to activate the deal. I got the sim in a store and rang them only to be told the deal can only be done if sales post me the sim card. I said grand go ahead, so waiting on delivery of it today. Will update once I get it up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yeah I was on to them on the weekend and got the deal. Bit of a run around though. Rang sales and was told I needed to go to a store to get the sim card and then to ring back to activate the deal. I got the sim in a store and rang them only to be told the deal can only be done if sales post me the sim card. I said grand go ahead, so waiting on delivery of it today. Will update once I get it up and running.

Mine went on for 2 months. Sim sent out didn't exist, had to go to store they then phoned sales and linked sim. They then applied loads of credit as deal wouldn't go live for a number of days but it's great having 4g and internet that works so much better then before.

Mine went on for 2 months. Sim sent out didn't exist, had to go to store they then phoned sales and linked sim. They then applied loads of credit as deal wouldn't go live for a number of days but it's great having 4g and internet that works so much better then before.

Out of interest, did they take all your porting details over the phone? Guy said to me the port would go through within 24 hours of signing for the sim. Hopefully it arrives anyway, if not I still have the sim I got in the store so might try get them to link that one like you said.

Out of interest, did they take all your porting details over the phone? Guy said to me the port would go through within 24 hours of signing for the sim. Hopefully it arrives anyway, if not I still have the sim I got in the store so might try get them to link that one like you said.

They had all the details over the phone. Had issues with previous provider the number linking the account and just been difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi all,

Just wondering if this tarriff is only for a specific period e.g. first 12 months, before reverting to normal PAYG tarriff? Or would one remain on this tarriff indefinitely?

Hi all,

Just wondering if this tarriff is only for a specific period e.g. first 12 months, before reverting to normal PAYG tarriff? Or would one remain on this tarriff indefinitely?

Looking at the terms it's a student plan they are now putting people on if you port back into them. Don't know if the terms have changed but the student plan was a maximum of 4 years.

I tried calling today. Got passed around the houses. They wouldn't allow me switch. They all just said it was for customers porting in. Will try again at another stage.

I wasn't told of any limit as they can over ride this of course.

It's great to see such deals.

My 1st phone and network I remember paying £99 pay as you go and £1 a minute calls and texts not far off that.

Looking at the terms it's a student plan they are now putting people on if you port back into them. Don't know if the terms have changed but the student plan was a maximum of 4 years.

I tried calling today. Got passed around the houses. They wouldn't allow me switch. They all just said it was for customers porting in. Will try again at another stage.

I tried likewise today and got the very same. So I ported to Eir PAYG. I'll try again in a few weeks otherwise I'll stay with Eir. 5GB with VF just won't cut it.

I tried likewise today and got the very same. So I ported to Eir PAYG. I'll try again in a few weeks otherwise I'll stay with Eir. 5GB with VF just won't cut it.
    Thinking of porting to 3 or eir as they both offer free sims. Then I'll try port back in straight away on this offer, if not it's back to Vodafone x (although as I'm not a student I have a few hoops to jump through to get that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Just a heads up, you'll need to top up an eir sim by 5e to activate it first- just moving your number to it and trying to port back immediately wont work. 3 sims were a bit hit and miss whether they'd port before too if they were never topped up but its worth trying out. You'll need it for 2/3 days anyway between porting to eir, calling vodafone and requesting the port and the port on the day the sim will arrive or the day after. Best off doing it all early in the morning too so you get same day dispatch from Vodafone

Happy days

• Advertisement

Thinking of porting to 3 or eir as they both offer free sims. Then I'll try port back in straight away on this offer, if not it's back to Vodafone x (although as I'm not a student I have a few hoops to jump through to get that too.

I'm happy enough to go for a week or so with Eir. I went with their €20 unlimited calls and 15GB data option.

The run-around I got when I tried to call about the offer is ridiculous. On each occasion, I think I went through 4/5 staff/departments before getting someone who knew what they were talking about.

I'm happy enough to go for a week or so with Eir. I went with their €20 unlimited calls and 15GB data option.

The run-around I got when I tried to call about the offer is ridiculous. On each occasion, I think I went through 4/5 staff/departments before getting someone who knew what they were talking about.
    Pity,I was with eir broadband,and honestly at gunpoint wouldn't sign up with them ever again, nightmare,,,,hope you get on ok

Just to update on this, SIM arrived this morning. Apparently the port should go through in the next 24 hours. Will update back if all is successful.

Just to update on this, SIM arrived this morning. Apparently the port should go through in the next 24 hours. Will update back if all is successful.
    Took me a little bit longer,app won't work for a while,but when it does,all sweet

Took me a little bit longer,app won't work for a while,but when it does,all sweet

Hey - are you saying it took a little longer than 24 hours for the number to port over? Any idea how long it was if so? Cheers.

Hey - are you saying it took a little longer than 24 hours for the number to port over? Any idea how long it was if so? Cheers.
    Mine yes,think nearly 2 days,was told can take up to 72,but until phone actually stops as in not being able to call someone you use old provider,the my vodaphone app certainly took 4 days

Hi all,

Pm sent

Pm sent

Hi,

If you have some extra intel about getting this package could you send me a PM also? :cool:

I'm not going to let it go until I have it in the bag.

Cheers

Pm sent

Hi,

If you have some extra intel about getting this package could you send me a PM also? :cool:

Cheers
    Just got my son signed up 5 minutes ago

• Advertisement

Pm sent

Hi,

Cheers
    Just got my son signed up 5 minutes agopm sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement