Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Pm sent

Hi,

If you have some extra intel about getting this package could you send me a PM also? :cool:

I'm not going to let it go until I have it in the bag.

Cheers
    Just got my son signed up 5 minutes agopm sent
    18008050104 call centre Belfast, Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭ALS

Pm sent

Hi,

If you have some extra intel about getting this package could you send me a PM also? :cool:

Cheers

Ditto

Pm sent

Hi,

Cheers
    Just got my son signed up 5 minutes agopm sent
    18008050104 call centre Belfast, Andrew
    Sorry, correct number is1800 805 014

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So has anybody that's an existing Vodafone PAYG customer managed to get this deal ?

I'm on the Unlimited text, calls and 1GB data for 20 Euro currently, but the increase in data would be fantastic

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So has anybody that's an existing Vodafone PAYG customer managed to get this deal ?

I'm on the Unlimited text, calls and 1GB data for 20 Euro currently, but the increase in data would be fantastic
    I did for my teen kid this afternoon, student deal,that's why I left the 1800 number

• Advertisement

I did for my teen kid this afternoon, student deal,that's why I left the 1800 number
    OK - but is it available to non-students does anyone know ?

OK - but is it available to non-students does anyone know ?
    AFAIK yes,I'm not one,got it

Were you already a Vodafone PAYG Customer ?

Were you already a Vodafone PAYG Customer ?
    No, broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

I rang the number and it's Vodafone business, specifically broadband. Got passed around a few times and told to ring sales again who will say call customer care.

Me and the missus are on the 30 euro deal and they wouldn't budge but did offer me the student deal for my daughter who is on one the the 20 euro plans.

I'm no longer with vodafone for broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 stpauli

My old grandad used always
    Far away from thieVafone stay !

Can anyone on the offer text Bal to 50223 and say what the name of the offer is please?

guil wrote: »
    I rang the number and it's Vodafone business, specifically broadband. Got passed around a few times and told to ring sales again who will say call customer care.

Me and the missus are on the 30 euro deal and they wouldn't budge but did offer me the student deal for my daughter who is on one the the 20 euro plans.

I'm no longer with vodafone for broadband.
    1800 number isn't business,it's a call centre in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sounds a good deal but I don't want to loose my eir 30 for 20 deal if I move. My experience of VF is you'll be getting them to apply the deal every month

1800 number isn't business,it's a call centre in Belfast

Ah I rang the first one you posted and it says welcome to vodafone business. The second one is Vodafone home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Called the 1800 number, once they heard it was for my mobile they transfered me away from sales to the target team so I hung up. Looks like I'll have to port out to stand any chance of getting it. Such a pain.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Sounds a good deal but I don't want to loose my eir 30 for 20 deal if I move. My experience of VF is you'll be getting them to apply the deal every month
    Hope not

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Called the 1800 number, once they heard it was for my mobile they transfered me away from sales to the target team so I hung up. Looks like I'll have to port out to stand any chance of getting it. Such a pain.
    Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Hope not

You're prob grand but my experience with special offers etc is that you must chase them. I signed up to new home contract in Nov that promised money off first 2 bills and maintain my monthly rate but they suddenly had no record of it nor did they seem to want to find the recording when given the date and time.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Hope not

You're prob grand but my experience with special offers etc is that you must chase them. I signed up to new home contract in Nov that promised money off first 2 bills and maintain my monthly rate but they suddenly had no record of it nor did they seem to want to find the recording when given the date and time.
    Got burnt bad by eir,hope VF are different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Just to update on this, SIM arrived this morning. Apparently the port should go through in the next 24 hours. Will update back if all is successful.

Update: number still hasn't ported over automatically. Rang customer care this morning and told I have to go to a store to get the port done. Seems ridiculous they can't do it over the phone when I already have the new SIM card.

In any case, customer care said they could see the deal has been applied to the new sim card so as soon as I port I should be good to go. Won't count my chickens yet :P

Just to update on this, SIM arrived this morning. Apparently the port should go through in the next 24 hours. Will update back if all is successful.

Update: number still hasn't ported over automatically. Rang customer care this morning and told I have to go to a store to get the port done. Seems ridiculous they can't do it over the phone when I already have the new SIM card.

In any case, customer care said they could see the deal has been applied to the new sim card so as soon as I port I should be good to go. Won't count my chickens yet :P
    Think that is a load of balls,they ported mine over no sweat ota

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

This had been asked previously but can anyone on the unlimited texts, unlimited call and 15GB data offer let us know what the name of the offer is?

Half the time on the phone is trying to explain the agents what the offer is. It might help the store staff find it also.

I think you can find out the name of the offer by texting Bal to 50223.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

This had been asked previously but can anyone on the unlimited texts, unlimited call and 15GB data offer let us know what the name of the offer is?

Half the time on the phone is trying to explain the agents what the offer is. It might help the store staff find it also.

I think you can find out the name of the offer by texting Bal to 50223.

Cheers.

It doesn't show on the text.

It's the student offer that's why many don't know of it.

Sales use it to pull in existing customers on broadband and get you on phone network also.

Great idea as it means more money coming in then going to competitors.

Think that is a load of balls,they ported mine over no sweat ota

My OTA port failed apparently and they say they can't put it through without going to a store. Might just leave it altogether at this stage, too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

It doesn't show on the text.

It's the student offer that's why many don't know of it.

Ah. So it's the exact same 15GB offer that Vodafone do in Sept/Oct on campuses around the country.

Data is for use through the live APN. No tethering for iPhone users. No tethering for Miui 9 users. And no tethering for Oreo users. Bit of a pain if you want to use the data with other devices.

llebpmac wrote: »
    I often tether with this deal
    I tether all the time. I also specifically asked the rep on the phone can I tether and he said yes, tether away.
    breathn wrote: »
    Ah. So it's the exact same 15GB offer that Vodafone do in Sept/Oct on campuses around the country.

Data is for use through the live APN. No tethering for iPhone users. No tethering for Miui 9 users. And no tethering for Oreo users. Bit of a pain if you want to use the data with other devices.

The above two comments earlier seem to indicate otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

breathn wrote: »

I was never told or given anything to state it is as what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I was never told or given anything to state it is as what you say.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

It would be helpful if the people with this plan can say what phone operating system version they're running.

BTW with the 15GB student deal, you can tether but there are charges for it. So €2 for up to 100MB. I wonder if people noticed the dip in their credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

In relation to tethering, there are a couple of threads on the Vodafone forum (https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=1270&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=Oreo+tether+vodafone) where some users have been charged for data and couldn't figure out why.

Apparently on Oreo (might only be since 8.1 update), Google have enabled carrier (Vodafone etc) APN hiding, which means that you might not be able to edit APNs and therefore cannot delete the HS APN through which tethering is charged for.

So if you find credit disappearing mysteriously, check your APNs.
    BTW with the 15GB student deal, you can tether but there are charges for it. So €2 for up to 100MB. I wonder if people noticed the dip in their credit.
    Maybe double check that, AFAIK Vodafone charge out of bundle data in one of 2 ways depending on APN setting:
    1.99 per day up to 100MB (1 cent per MB over 100MB) via live APN
    19 cent per MB via HS APN

This is a bit of a grey area, tbh, Vodafone state that their plans include any data routed through the live APN but it doesn't state anywhere that they reroute data and charge for it without explicitly notifying you. From time to time Vodafone reps say that tethering is charged for but never link it to any T&C that specifically states that. I suspect the reason for that is that there IS no charge for tethering but they ARE charging for rerouted data without telling you that they switch APNs.

Lyca don't allow tethering, but they actively block it and there's no grey area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement