Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Comments

Price estimates ?

Basic about 60K Euros ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Looks better than the I-pace and will probably be more expensive.

No doubt be expensive that's why I estimate it will cost about 60K Euro's base but wouldn't surprise me if it were more but with the 10 K vrt + grant I would say 60 K is a good bet.

It's so obvious though they only release a very expensive EV so as to have it less appealing to the majority in order to ensure a low volume of sales.

Why couldn't they build a 60 Kwh A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 etc ? because they don't want them to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What size is this going to be? if Q5 size it would have to be 60k+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Audi now opens deposits for new E-Tron BEV in Ireland
    ALL ELECTRIC. ALL AUDI: AUDI LEADING THE CHARGE WITH ITS NEW BEV AND THE OPENING OF AN ONLINE RESERVATION TOOL

Audi sign J V with other manufactures to build and operate high power charging stations across Ireland

• Audi announces details first fully electric model
    • Online Pre-registration now available for end of 2018 orders
    • JV named IONITY includes Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford Motor Company & VW Group and will partner with Topaz to roll-out fast charging network across Ireland

Audi has announced initial details of its first ever fully electric model. The sporty SUV combines the space and comfort of a typical large, luxury model with a range suitable for everyday use and for longer journeys. With ample room for five occupants, and a range of up to 500 kilometres (NEDC), Audi’s new electric SUV is ready to cope with everyday use with no compromises.
    Audi Ireland has opened an online pre-registration tool where customers can leave a refundable €2,000 deposit to be one of the first to order this electric SUV ahead of delivery in early 2019.

Commenting on the announcement Henning Dohrn, Brand Director, Audi Ireland said, “We’ve reached a real milestone moment with this announcement as it’s the first time we will launch a fully electric model, to the Irish market. It is a hugely exciting time for Audi and our customers because we are not only unveiling a state- of- the- art BEV model, but also the wider infrastructure to support it through our JV. This will ensure the necessary infrastructure will be in place to support the future needs of customers across Ireland”

POWERFUL PERFORMANCE

Based on the Audi e-tron quattro concept model, this large SUV has been developed to be both sustainable and efficient with a charging capacity of 150 kW in just under 30 minutes. The new electric quattro system catapults four-wheel technology into a new age and ensures strong performance on any terrain. With three electric motors that deliver 320kW, the Audi e-tron quattro concept provides the economy of electricity without sacrificing on power. Characteristically for electric vehicles, this Audi boasts no lag between accelerating and launch, which offers a thrilling experience when compared with combustion engine models.

STYLISH & SUSTAINABLE DESIGN

Audi’s sleek and fluid new design holds a stunning presence and remarkable aerodynamics due to Audi’s all-new virtual wing mirrors. Small cameras replace exterior mirrors, relaying the car’s surroundings to OLED displays housed within the front doors. Blind spots are eliminated and the field of vision is expanded, while air-flow is improved and wind noise is reduced. This model also incorporates a unique panoramic glass roof that not only provides more sunlight for occupants, but also generates more efficiency for the car. Developed with integrated photovoltaic cells, the sun-roof actively generates energy for the air conditioning and heated seats.

IONITY: E-MOBILITY ALLIANCE

Audi, along with BMW Group, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company and Volkswagen Group have announced the formation of an e-mobility alliance to collectively spearhead the creation and implementation of a fast-charging network in six key sites across Ireland. Ionity’s main site partner, Topaz, will facilitate five out of the six strategic sites and will have a total of over 30 charging points in service areas on major transit routes. The majority of the charging stations are set to be available in advance of the market introduction of the Audi’s new electric SUV. Audi customers will be able to avail of an exclusive ‘e-tron Charging Service’ offering premium access to a network of circa 45,000 charging stations across Europe. This ever-expanding network includes AC and DC chargers as well as those units that form part of the Ionity partnership.

For more information on how to secure guaranteed access to priority ordering and to be among the first to place an order at the end of this year visit www.audi.ie.

Customers will need to place a refundable deposit of €2,000 which will be off set against the purchase price. Model pricing will be announced later this year.

A182069_full.jpg?1520280424

• Advertisement

No doubt be expensive that's why I estimate it will cost about 60K Euro's base but wouldn't surprise me if it were more but with the 10 K vrt + grant I would say 60 K is a good bet.

It's so obvious though they only release a very expensive EV so as to have it less appealing to the majority in order to ensure a low volume of sales.

Why couldn't they build a 60 Kwh A3, A4, A5, A6, A7 etc ? because they don't want them to sell.

A top down approach - its easier to hide expensive battery tech in more expensive cars until cost per unit price of batteries reduces significantly enough to offer high volume lower priced models. I know theres a smaller Q3 sized full BEV SUV model in the planning for the next couple of years too.

Its not rocket science really - Tesla did exactly the same thing with Roadster - S - X and then finally 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You are always so negative.

It’s simple, the lower cars would sell in higher volume. So they target the ones with that will sell less and easier to manage supply. It’s expensive to ramp up production, it’s also their first EV so this model produced in smaller numbers will let them make mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Only 10 years late

Looks horrible too

Why couldn't they make a nice RS A4 style

Jag I-Pace the same, horrid looks compared to standard XF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

500km NEDC? So about 350km realistic?

How the heck does a 95kwh battery only deliver 350km???

thierry14 wrote: »
    Only 10 years late

Looks horrible too

SUV and small cars are top sellers.

A4 is not.

10 years ago the technology was not available unless it was the size of a truck just to hold the battery......

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    500km NEDC? So about 350km realistic?

How the heck does a 95kwh battery only deliver 350km???

Have you ever seen the fuel consumption in Q5/Q7?

The bloody things weight alot....

Add the weight of the battery and a fair lump of a car to lug around

Beautiful but heavy

Only 10 years late

Looks horrible too

They also released this today - due in 2020. Sweeeet looking.

A182137_full.jpg?1521100803

As a sporty spearhead, the premium manufacturer announced at its annual press conference a highly dynamic, four-door Gran Turismo with purely electric drive. Production will start early in the coming decade at the Böllinger Höfe site near Neckarsulm. “We interpret sportiness very progressively with our fully electric e-tron GT, and this is how we will take our high-performance brand Audi Sport into the future,” says Stadler.

Actually loads of information, if I had the cash I would buy one in morning.....beautiful car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Prices starting at €80k in Germany. How much in Ireland?

https://insideevs.com/audi-announces-e-tron-pricing-in-germany/

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

About €90k rough guess. Slightly higher VAT here. Also VRT @14%; above €35k. But we have a €5k subsidy, they only €4k

unkel wrote: »
    About €90k rough guess. Slightly higher VAT here. Also VRT @14% above €35k. But we have a €5k subsidy, they only €4k

I will wait for the VW Crozz so :p

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SUV and small cars are top sellers.

A4 is not.

10 years ago the technology was not available unless it was the size of a truck just to hold the battery......

Yeah the roadster was an 18tonner and Model S a few years later a mini truck :)

About €90k rough guess. Slightly higher VAT here. Also VRT @14% above €35k. But we have a €5k subsidy, they only €4k

Anyone that pays that is a lunatic

Q5 costs less than 50k

Ridiculous price

• Advertisement

Q5 costs less than 50k

Ridiculous price

It may be , but it’ll sell

ted1 wrote: »
    It may be , but it’ll sell

Thats true

Sure they will save a fortune in fuel :)

Q5 costs less than 50k

Ridiculous price

Same can be said of the Tesla X and the Jaguar I-Pace. The Volvo announced will be similar money.

The Audi will be better than the Tesla and Jag.....

It is sized between a Q5 and Q7. The Q7 is 100k so 80k is probably correct.

Would I love it cheaper? Of course I would but it won't be

The Q7 drinks diesel, so if it would cost me €1,600 in diesel in A6 to do 15k km you can double that for the Q7.

If someone is willing to pay 100k for a Q7 and then a couple of k a year in diesel they will be willing to pay similar money for electric version.....

Will they care about charging? no because it will never leave Dublin Southside. I asked before on Motor forum why someone would buy a XC90 and only do 20k km over 4 years. I was told I didn't earn enough to understand why someone would do that :P

Q5 costs less than 50k

Ridiculous price

Same can be said of the Tesla X and the Jaguar I-Pace. The Volvo announced will be similar money.

The Audi will be better than the Tesla and Jag.....

It is sized between a Q5 and Q7. The Q7 is 100k so 80k is probably correct.

Would I love it cheaper? Of course I would but it won't be

The Q7 drinks diesel, so if it would cost me €1,600 in diesel in A6 to do 15k km you can double that for the Q7.

If someone is willing to pay 100k for a Q7 and then a couple of k a year in diesel they will be willing to pay similar money for electric version.....

Will they care about charging? no because it will never leave Dublin Southside. I asked before on Motor forum why someone would buy a XC90 and only do 20k km over 4 years. I was told I didn't earn enough to understand why someone would do that :P

I’d know a few people who drive q7s, big volvos etc , these guys have big money and would have no problem paying 150k for what they would precieve as a status car. The other mums in David Lloyd will think they really care about the environment. Namaste. I’m not kidding

Really nice car but crazy price really. But I expect that's for two reasons, to ensure a pretty low volume of sales and to keep prices inflated in order to continue to attract tax payer money, not directly of course but they know that with all the subsidies they can keep prices that bit higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I asked before on Motor forum why someone would buy a XC90 and only do 20k km over 4 years. I was told I didn't earn enough to understand why someone would do that :P

Thats a class response and very true, lol!

At that end of the market running costs and TCO are irrelevant. If it were, no one would ever buy an S-Class... see the depreciation on those babies!

Some more information out, most interesting bit is it will offer a detachable hitch....first electric to offer??

Details here(not sure if hitch is referenced on website, it is on email sent from Audi)

https://www.audi.com/en/innovation/futuredrive/e-tron_quattro.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭creedp

Some more information out, most interesting bit is it will offer a detachable hitch....first electric to offer??

Details here(not sure if hitch is referenced on website, it is on email sent from Audi)

In the absence of a significantly improved public charging infrastructure how will owners of these large battery EV's get the most out of the range when home charging is currently limited to 7kw? Will there be an increased demand for 3 phase power in domestic settings into the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Available for over a year , possibly 2 years, in the model X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

creedp wrote: »
    In the absence of a significantly improved public charging infrastructure how will owners of these large battery EV's get the most out of the range when home charging is currently limited to 7kw? Will there be an increased demand for 3 phase power in domestic settings into the future?
    7kW * 10 hours overnight is probably about 60-63kWh.

Anything above that and you're looking at having to increase supply if you use more than 60kWh in a day. Which of course probably no one will.

Advertisement