Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I've mine at 2 and leave it there (unless I'm tight for range and have motorway driving to do)

It's the easiest and most comfortable imho, but not best for range

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Much more of a fan of driving with zero regen, that said, I aggressively use the cruise control too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

ELM327 wrote: »
    Tesla and others have it too.
    It's called regenerative braking.
    Tesla have it to over -60kW. My Ioniq has it at 50kW. The leaf has it to 30KW (unsure about leaf 2).

My high score is 95kW on regen in the Ioniq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

liamog wrote: »
    My high score is 95kW on regen in the Ioniq

Does it tell you? I have no idea on the eGolf.....

You can display it on the center console, the e-UP! can do it as well on it's wee Garmin thingy

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    You can display it on the center console, the e-UP! can do it as well on it's wee Garmin thingy

No idea what the wee Garmin thingy is :P

e-UP! comes with a Garmin Trip computer that sits on the dashboard, it's integrated into the car.
    A little odd, but it works.

For the newer model they changed it to a phone holder and you install an app for the trip computer.
    Innovative German Engineering just like the e-tron

(thinly disguised attempt to go back on-topic)

Oh they know what they're doing alright, create a very expensive SUV so it will sell in small numbers.

Considering all the people who complain about the cost differential on the more affordable CUVs I don't blame them.

May as well aim to keep the customers they are losing to Model X.

Oh they know what they're doing alright, create a very expensive SUV so it will sell in small numbers.

Its just an electric version of the Q7/Q5

It was always going to be expensive

The "cheap" version with be the Crozz

• Advertisement

It would be a really cool machine, I love Audis but it's going to cost my guess 80-100 K.

It would be a really cool machine, I love Audis but it's going to cost my guess 80-100 K.

I would guess in that price range alright.....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

but if so and if the X and the iPace are selling well then why not

The X is a Minivan and the iPace is not an SUV so if it is actually a serious competitor to X5/Q5/Q7 then gret news, there's an option other than the Volvo for premium SUV drivers who want to be a bit green.

catharsis wrote: »
    but if so and if the X and the iPace are selling well then why not

The X is a Minivan and the iPace is not an SUV so if it is actually a serious competitor to X5/Q5/Q7 then gret news, there's an option other than the Volvo for premium SUV drivers who want to be a bit green.

No reason why not

I am just pissed off I dont have the money to buy one :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭FriendsEV

Would take one over a Model X

As I would take the Porsche over Model S

Thinking about it

Who would take the Tesla over those 2?

FriendsEV wrote: »

Thinking about it

Yes I'd probably take the Audi over the Tesla, I'm not a fan of just a big ass tablet as the sole way to control every function in a car to be honest, I like buttons and switches and just less plane looking.

I love Audi interiors and German interiors in General. They're lovely places to sit.

However, I've only briefly sat in a Model S early model and the interior was not impressive for such an expensive car which I suppose is to be expected given the cost of the technology , I believe the interiors are better now.

I'd have to to sit in a Model X of course before I could really judge it but if I had the cash I probably would take the Audi over the Model X because I know I just like Audis.

Then again I'd probably be happy with the ix3, I think that's going to be a really impressive car, hopefully, shame it will be FWD in basic spec, I'd imagine RWD will be with dual motors and probably cost north of 60 K. It will be interesting to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thinking about it

I would
    E tron or porsche will look silly connected to our crap 50kW network
    Then if you want to take it abroad you need a wallet full of charger cards and a phone maxed in storage for different apps. Tesla just plug and drive.

I would
    E tron or porsche will look silly connected to our crap 50kW network
    Then if you want to take it abroad you need a wallet full of charger cards and a phone maxed in storage for different apps. Tesla just plug and drive.

Ionity

You won't be using the "commoners" networks

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ionity

You won't be using the "commoners" networks
    Yes in 5 years time. By which time most new owners of Porsches will have changed the car anyway

Yes in 5 years time. By which time most new owners of Porsches will have changed the car anyway

There will be Ionity 175kW stations in Ireland before the Porsche Taycan EV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

400km WLTP from a 95kWh battery is nuts when you consider that the Kona is rated for 470km from a 64kWh.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    400km WLTP from a 95kWh battery is nuts when you consider that the Kona is rated for 470km from a 64kWh.

It has 2 motors compared to the 1 in Kona.

So 400km is good.

I think the Jag has 2 motors and the current numbers show it to be very inefficient

It's less efficient, sure
    But an F pace is a lot less efficient than an econobox hyundai anyway

Horses for courses. All of the petrol V8 engined cars I had stayed in single MPG figures if I drove them hard. Any modern econobox diesel will do 60MPG if you drive it gently :p

unkel wrote: »
    Horses for courses. All of the petrol V8 engined cars I had stayed in single MPG figures if I drove them hard. Any modern econobox diesel will do 60MPG if you drive it gently :p
    +1
    Complaining that a Jaguar I pace or Tesla Model X is less efficient than a kona is like complaining that a three cylinder fiesta is more efficient than a 3 litre mondeo vignale

On the V8 MPG consideration my worst was 2mpg in a car with no fuel gauge. I had a supercharger fitted on a 440ci dodge 6BBL, did 2 miles to the gallon. 4-5 if you took it handy. Luckily I could take it back off and she did her usual 7-10 mpg again. We don't know just how wasteful the previous generations were with the scarce fuel resources!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Thirsty bus alright, even when comparing with a Model X or I-Pace.

A Model X 75D does 383km on the EPA cycle. That should easily equate to >400km WLTP range.

Even the I-Pace with 5kWh less pack manages 70km more on WLTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Weight has to come into it. How much lighter is a Kona?

Not only does it have crap range for the price

Its slow as **** too

0-60 in 6 secs

The Leaf 60kWh won't be far off that :)

The Germans really are trolling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Not only does it have crap range for the price

Its slow as **** too

0-60 in 6 secs

The Leaf 60kWh won't be far off that :)

The Germans really are trolling :)

0-100kph in 6 seconds for a 2400kg car is now slow as f**k. Are you trolling? :confused:

Size + weight = compromised range and 0-100 in 6 seconds.

You need to remember this car is a full sized SUV and is 700kg heavier than your average Kona or Leaf. Its also much longer, wider and taller. Apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

• Advertisement

RedorDead wrote: »
    0-100kph in 6 seconds for a 2400kg car is now slow as f**k. Are you trolling? :confused:

Size + weight = compromised range and 0-100 in 6 seconds.

You need to remember this car is a full sized SUV and is 700kg heavier than your average Kona or Leaf. Its also much longer, wider and taller. Apples with apples and oranges with oranges.

Compared to Teslas it wouldnt pull you out of bed

Even the I-Pace does 0-60 in 4.5 secs

0-60 in 6 secs is not impressive anymore

The poorest Tesla Model 3 is quicker than that

The game has moved on and the Germans are trolling

Advertisement