Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Who want a Lucozade dlc?

PS4: CL3G-6BN6-RP5C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Finished this game last night in the early hours. Really enjoyed it. Those who found no tombs didn't play the game right at all. I 100% finished it which is the proper way to play it. The tombs were easy enough tbh and I enjoyed playing them. The only place I missed stuff was the very first mission in Mexico but you can go back there after completing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

I got the 100% just tonight.

I had it 100% complete with everything collected and every challenge completed but due to a bug it was stuck at 98.8%, a recent patch got me the 100% achievement upon loading my 98.8% savegame.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

z0oT wrote: »
    I got the 100% just tonight.

I had it 100% complete with everything collected and every challenge completed but due to a bug it was stuck at 98.8%, a recent patch got me the 100% achievement upon loading my 98.8% savegame.

How hard is the game on survivor mode?

z0oT wrote: »
    a recent patch got me the 100% achievement.

They were a bit tight on gamerscore points on that achievement I thought. 5G's as far as I remember.

• Advertisement

• How hard is the game on survivor mode?

It's cake in NG+ but for the checkpoints and as I'm sure you know by now the plattforming. It's the laziest ng+/ way of increasing difficulty I've seen in an age. Lets have you spend 45 minutes at something only to fail because Lara sucks at grabbing ledges. Ok there are only 2 or 3 areas where this is a big issue but it's infuriating as I didn't make me feel like I beat the game on the hardest setting, it make me fell like I did a speed run with the cheap deaths and repetition turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't read it in work, presumably it's linked to the 34% discount given to the game on the PS store this week? Did xbox get a similar discount?
    I'll pick it up when it goes on sale for a tenner

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't read it in work, presumably it's linked to the 34% discount given to the game on the PS store this week? Did xbox get a similar discount?
    I'll pick it up when it goes on sale for a tenner

Was discounted on all platforms, article is about it being review bombed on steam after the sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I picked this up for 40 in Smyths at the weekend. Find it grand so far. Seems about the same quality as the previous two in the series, both of which I enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Five more Lucozade codes if anyone wants them:

PS4:
    ABK5-6QNP-4KDL
    PNK9-XFNP-JJ42

XB1:
    KVRFQ-JFCX9-W6JXH-7J3FT-P9P6Z
    MYXXF-GMGHW-4DY7R-VCWK2-JVVTZ

Steam:
    HW5M2-ECXKV-MR8G9

• They give you some in game materials I think

One of the most run of the mill boring games I've played this year

The story is complete waffle also

Was given as a gift and sold just as quick

They need to give this series a break and come back at a later stage with some new ideas

One of the most run of the mill boring games I've played this year

The story is complete waffle also

Was given as a gift and sold just as quick

They need to give this series a break and come back at a later stage with some new ideas

yes the first one was a bit a breadth of fresh air even though it borrowed from uncharted but the second one was already showing signs of fatigue.

might pick this up for a tenner when it gets to that price.

Agree 100%. The second one was too bloated for my liking whereas the first one felt more concise and linear. I'll also be waiting for a sale when it comes to Shadow.

that russian installation place in the second game ruined the whole game imo. was such a chore to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bansisingh

Ever since I saw the first gameplay video from E3 the graphics seemed worse to me. I just assumed it was a work in progress but now that the game has gone gold and we've seen several direct-feed gameplay videos it doesn't look as good to me. I don't know if it's the low bitrate videos and compression on YouTube or if the graphics really aren't as good. Rise of the Tomb Raider was a graphical beast and made my 970 struggle a lot in open environments. I know it's a different developer but it I thought the tech behind the game would be carried over and improved upon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Finished the PS4 version a few days ago and thought it looked better in some ways (denser, more realistic environments) and worse in others (everything about Lara, the lighting, animations). I’d attribute it to the change in developer and the game being rushed.

I don't think you can talk to be honest. You never played the game just watched videos of other people playing it.

I played it and loved every minute of it. Great game and I played it the proper way it is meant to be played by 100%ing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I played it the proper way it is meant to be played by 100%ing it.

giphy.webp

I don't get it. Not everyone collects all collectibles and completes all tombs and crypts.

• Advertisement

I would agree with this sentiment. And it's also an all round worse game than the first two. One of the most run of the mill games this year. As I neared the end I couldn't wait to sell it and delete it. Delighted it was a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Bansisingh wrote: »
    Ever since I saw the first gameplay video from E3 the graphics seemed worse to me. I just assumed it was a work in progress but now that the game has gone gold and we've seen several direct-feed gameplay videos it doesn't look as good to me. I don't know if it's the low bitrate videos and compression on YouTube or if the graphics really aren't as good. Rise of the Tomb Raider was a graphical beast and made my 970 struggle a lot in open environments. I know it's a different developer but it I thought the tech behind the game would be carried over and improved upon.

This game is much better looking than rise of the tomb raider much much better looking.

Your pc probably struggled with rise because it probably wasn’t aswell optimized as shadow I’ve seen vids that say shadow is a much better optimized game than rise it’s all more neater under the hood resulting in smoother gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

From what I have played so far this is a good little game. Nice graphics good gameplay loop and the puzzles are fun. Solid game worth the onsale price.

• Did anyone get the DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Did anyone get the DLC?
    Yeah, probably hour and a half to complete

• Season pass is on sale , you reckon it'll have 20 euro worth of content?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season pass is on sale , you reckon it'll have 20 euro worth of content?

Going by the Forge DLC, you probably will get around 10-11 hours of content with the season pass. From November to April there will be a new DLC pack which contains a new Challenge tomb which can be done in Single Player and Co-op, new outfits, weapons and skills. I'd probably wait for it to go down a bit more or wait for all DLCs to be out before buying.

I bought the DLC when it was released and I am sorry I did as two days later the season pass went on sale with black Friday.

Advertisement