Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Clothes line dried in under an hour.

Bonus, they didn't end up in Waterford :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just ordered a really pretty dress :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

SDR
    MAN
    GLA
    SVO
    MSQ
    GLA

My airport destinations from now to Mar!

1L Jameson E23 In SDR

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

one of our lovely neighbours has being playing the same edm track now for about 2 hours same beat, over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

El_Bee wrote: »
    one of our lovely neighbours has being playing the same edm track now for about 2 hours same beat, over and over.

What track?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I probably shouldn't but its kindof satisfying that we are a bit of a thorn in the UK's side . Makes a nice change !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't but its kindof satisfying that we are a bit of a thorn in the UK side . Makes a nice change !

And likewise I'm getting a good chuckle out of the naivety of some 'new' boardsies on threads associated with Brexit, a united Ireland, and such like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't but its kindof satisfying that we are a bit of a thorn in the UK's side . Makes a nice change !

Rightly so as well, we need to look after no 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

a day ahead. the means to be warm in the bitter cold ahead

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

As part of my healthier eating thing I'm trying, I got some new Muesli. Normally it tastes like cardboard, but this one is rather nice and has a bit of crunch to it. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Making my 5000th post today, it only took me since 2009 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a wonderfully responsive tutor for this assessment (response to email questions within MINUTES)

My spelling/grammar/syntax software is back, disappeared for about a month, had been freaking out about it being gone as I'm working on a long doc that will be marked heavily on such things.

Resolved an argument diplomatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

RMAOK wrote:
    Resolved an argument diplomatically.

Dropkick to the head?

Dropkick to the head?

Is that from the Jackie Chan school of diplomacy?:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Dropkick to the head?

Lower than that, I'd have thought. ;)

RMAOK wrote:
    Is that from the Jackie Chan school of diplomacy?

No, JCVD.

No, JCVD.

Ah, the muscles from Brussels. Excellent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dropkick to the head?

Football in groin I'd say, solves an argument every time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Profiteroles for dessert yesterday

It doesn't really make me happy but it gives me a laugh... seeing the falseness of two people in work who absolutely hate each other, interacting. If you didn't know any better you'd swear they were good friends. Also when you're involved in email chains with them and they're kind regarding each other to the max :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Dropkick to the head?

which head ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Watching True Detective Season 3 ep.4.
    It's a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It doesn't really make me happy but it gives me a laugh... seeing the falseness of two people in work who absolutely hate each other, interacting. If you didn't know any better you'd swear they were good friends. Also when you're involved in email chains with them and they're kind regarding each other to the max :D
    I find this fascinating. I worked in an office and two of the women couldn't stand each other. One moved on and set up her own company. The other one arranged for them to go to lunch. I asked her why because she doesn't like this woman and she was like "ya, but I want to know how she's doing". It's so petty. I don't get it. If I don't like someone I'm civil with them when I have to interact but when they move on I'm happy out and forget about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I find this fascinating. I worked in an office and two of the women couldn't stand each other. One moved on and set up her own company. The other one arranged for them to go to lunch. I asked her why because she doesn't like this woman and she was like "ya, but I want to know how she's doing". It's so petty. I don't get it. If I don't like someone I'm civil with them when I have to interact but when they move on I'm happy out and forget about them.

This is definitely petty, the other story not so much. As much as the fakery may seem obvious, they might also want to be professional and not be accused/ a victim of bullying.
    I work in an office with mostly women (and am one) and they’re such wagons in general.

TH for money in my account finally!

Football in the groin

Didn't that win film of the year in an episode of the Simpsons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This is definitely petty, the other story not so much. As much as the fakery may seem obvious, they might also want to be professional and not be accused/ a victim of bullying.
    I work in an office with mostly women (and am one) and they’re such wagons in general.

TH for money in my account finally!
    Oh trust me. It was nothing professional and simply a case of nosey Nora's winding each other up. They never bullied each other. It was just a personality clash. The one who stayed, wanted the other to fail and the one who left, wanted to rub it in her face that she was doing just fine. It really was that petty :pac:

lbc2019 wrote: »
    1L Jameson E23 In SDR

Gave it to my great aunt this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

the roof over my head; and the hope that it will still be there later!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement