Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My nephew's birthday today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Tiger Woods' performance in the Masters. Hope he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tiger Woods' performance in the Masters. Hope he wins.

He's playing a blinder, it's great to see :)

Lying in bed, heating on and the wind and rain hopping off the window, bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lying in bed, heating on and the wind and rain hopping off the window, bliss.

Never a more apt username!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That a batch of scones came out perfectly today...mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hmm fresh scones..I can smell them Graces.. The rain eventually stopped and I got a run in..

Picked up my Da and we called to see my niece, she is a nervous wreck, starting Garda training inTemplemore.

Golf on and no one to disturb me..

Cans in the fridge, maybe later..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

when the wind stops :d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Tiger won!

Tiger won!
    So did Liverpool!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Tiger won!

Some story after his off-the-course troubles.

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My niece and her pony. Found myself slipping into bad patterns after recent life events, and decided instead of wallowing I would get up and call over to them today.

Took her for a spin, her smile and the angelic old pony just plodding along was enough to cause me to crack a smile!

Me (to herself): An bhféadfá b-a-i-n-n-e a thabhairt dó i gceann cúpla uair? (with bainne spelt out rather than said)
    2-year-old (between us): No! I want milk now.
    Herself: Oh. My. God. He's a genius!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know, I've said it before, Fuaranach, but your children are a hoot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Me (to herself): An bhféadfá b-a-i-n-n-e a thabhairt dó i gceann cúpla uair? (with bainne spelt out rather than said)
    2-year-old (between us): No! I want milk now.
    Herself: Oh. My. God. He's a genius!

Should be ‘faoi gceann’ there, horse. ‘Pale Irish’ sticks out like a sore thumb to us native speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

'Skip Ad'

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Cold leftover pizza the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Lasagna in the oven. After dinner I'm going to have a long, hot shower. Then I'm going to settle down to watch GOT with chocolate and coke. In the best mood I've been in for at least a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Should be ‘faoi gceann’ there, horse. ‘Pale Irish’ sticks out like a sore thumb to us native speakers.

" i gceann" sounds perfect to my native munster ears. Hope you don't make a habit of embarassing people who are using the language as intended, to be enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finding out that a friend is pregnant :) Christmas baby :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Finally indoors out of the cold. Cosy and warm. Cuppa now and I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Making plans for the long weekend ahead, I'll need a diary at this going but it's all good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

wildwillow wrote:
    " i gceann" sounds perfect to my native munster ears. Hope you don't make a habit of embarassing people who are using the language as intended, to be enjoyed.

i gceann here in Sligo aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

"i gceann" here too, in my mongrel Irish. No wonder the language is dying with Gaeilge Nazi's still going strong :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Finally indoors out of the cold. Cosy and warm. Cuppa now and I'm happy.

*slides cup across the counter*

Any chance of a top up ? :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Employment offer ...I hadn't even started actively looking yet. Knowing that's there if I want it, takes the stress out of it. It's up there with the ideal jobs for me...I thought I should train up before formally applying , just so I have more to offer...but they said they'd love to have me. The fact that I like them is nearly as important as the pay...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

i gceann here in Sligo aswell.

And in the gaeltacht of west Cork

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The lack of traffic during the Easter Holliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Siege of Limerick on Sunday :)

• Advertisement

Was listening to a podcast last night and my name popped up in the conversation.
    Briefly but a nice surprise nevertheless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement