Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Having the lift to myself

Quite happy to chat to anyone in work, on the bus, wherever

But I hate sharing a lift. When it arrives I love when it’s empty. I admit I’ve held back and been walking slowly to let others ahead get the lift and I wait for the next. And I press the close button too immediately though I wouldn’t do it someone’s face, that’d rude

A lift all for me is my TH

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH for a lovely sunny evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just home from an annual medical and feeling chuffed with myself.

2017 I was diagnosed with type two diabetes and was immediately put onto medication and a low carb (sugars) diet, it wasn't the end of the world but at the time and for a few days afterwards that's how it felt.

Today, after two years of hard work I've lost 30+kgs (6 stone) and loads, and loads of cardio (I'm easily running 10 twice a week and 5k's the other days, allowing one rest day).. And thousands of times pricking my fingers to take blood glucose readings.

Anyway after all that, my doctor has taken me off my medications and told me that he's almost 100% confident I've completely reversed my diabetes and he just needs two more tests to prove it.

I know I'm two weeks premature announcing it, and I hope I'm not putting a mockers on it but it looks like I'm DIABETES FREE :):)

Oh, I had an issue with cholesterol (which runs hand in hand with diabetes).. That's come down from 7.7 to 4.2 :) :

2017 weight was 130kgs, today I'm 97kgs :)

Well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

*Irish mammy voice*

You’re skin & bone Walter Hollow Butler, sit down for your dinner. Wasting away so you are

;)

Well done btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

2017 weight was 130kgs, today I'm 97kgs

Well done to you. That's brilliant and inspirational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

2017 I was diagnosed with type two diabetes and was immediately put onto medication and a low carb (sugars) diet, it wasn't the end of the world but at the time and for a few days afterwards that's how it felt.

Today, after two years of hard work I've lost 30+kgs (6 stone) and loads, and loads of cardio (I'm easily running 10 twice a week and 5k's the other days, allowing one rest day).. And thousands of times pricking my fingers to take blood glucose readings.

Anyway after all that, my doctor has taken me off my medications and told me that he's almost 100% confident I've completely reversed my diabetes and he just needs two more tests to prove it.

I know I'm two weeks premature announcing it, and I hope I'm not putting a mockers on it but it looks like I'm DIABETES FREE :):)

Oh, I had an issue with cholesterol (which runs hand in hand with diabetes).. That's come down from 7.7 to 4.2 :) :

Well done Maki,

Excellent news - well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Good for you, Makikomi, that's some achievement :)

That's amazing Makikomi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Nothing trivial about that...........well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Having a laugh and banter with a boardsie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My dog's arisen from her deathbed and eating like it's going out of fashion . She's even filling out at last. I'm going to kiss my vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My Beats speaker. Such good sound off it, an excellent present to have been given :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

The Friday of a bank holiday weekend, when I have the open plan office all to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

My weird brain makes me happy.

I've been messaging my daughter, and silly predictive text just put in an apostrophe where it didn't belong.
    And I'm a stickler for punctuation.

(Dizzy Rascal, you ain't seen nothing yet!)

"My apologies, for the apostrophe,
    it shouldn't really matter, but it does to me."

Another long weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Another four day long weekend! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading to see my favorite wee man :3 he's getting his first pair of shoes today :3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Headed home for the first time in almost a year, from work on tue.
    Chatting with the gang there to organise meet up's, so i get to see everyone.

TH how easily the names and locations of places still trip off my tongue, even tho its a few years since I've lived there full time.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Doing a poo. Unless it's a weird one.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,824 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lol :D:D

That's a shít story. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Heehee ghost poo :)

Heehee ghost poo :)

Hope you're keeping well TIF :)

TH long weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The gym. Was lazy and wasn’t in the mood to go, but I managed to go and feel so much better after it

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hope you're keeping well TIF :)

TH long weekend..

You too! I'm not too bad Mam- on the countdown now :)

Aw , best of luck , hope all goes well :)

Aw , best of luck , hope all goes smoothly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Long Shot at the cinema this evening; it was very funny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th is spending the day with my favorite wee man, he got his first pair of shoes and didn't know what to make of em, then we went to a cafe and I gave him a spoon, well he was a grand time bating it off the table and shouting mad :3 and then he was trying to feed me with the spoon and then I'd feed him with it and he was opening his mouth like as if I was giving him food :3, then we went to the playground and he was have a grand time on the swings and went down a slide :D:3, then my sister put him in his buggy and she goes "lets get uncle k" and I was pretending to run away and he was laughing mad trying to catch me :3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement