Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Now I want about 6 children ...I want to be like the Weasleys mother in Harry Potter

TH when you remember something someone said to you earlier and it becomes impossible to keep a straight face and everybody is wondering what was so amusing but you don't give a damn because you're happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Massive feed from the chipper after a very long week and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In positive work related news: one of the lads that I love working with was apparently let go the other week. He was back at work tonight and we had a great laugh. Knew they wouldn’t let him go :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    In positive work related news: one of the lads that I love working with was apparently let go the other week. He was back at work tonight and we had a great laugh. Knew they wouldn’t let him go :)

Your work husband :pac:?

Your work husband :pac:?

That’s the one :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Having a barbecue at home later on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I spent the afternoon cleaning and polishing the car. It looks bloody good, even if I say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭mikemac2

We demand pics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Saw an add for a perfume called ''Yes !'' or ''Dare!'' or something like that , with a blonde actress doing various things that presumably the perfume gave her the ...I don't know ...encouragement to do.

I was like, ''Ha! I already do that!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Blossoms on the apple trees we grew from pips for the first time in years. I am hopeful for a few apples this year, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Spent pretty much most of this beautiful day, doing weeding from front wall of the house and all around the kerbs, hate using and don't ( pesticides ), still have to brush and gather it up but looking mighty better, super tired trying to think what to eat now to reward myself 😂, boy did I get over my steps too 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The barbecue was very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

My nine yr old had a soccer match this morning, he played amazingly.. opposing team were commenting on how good and what a ‘fierce handy’ little player he is.. I was fit to burst with the ‘mammy pride’ .......he then inadvertently managed to polax their goalie going in for a ball.. nearly knocked him out. Total accident but I was delighted to see him run over to help the goalie up and I could hear his apologies from where I was standing on the sideline.. he helped the goalie up, patted him down, said sorry again and went on his way.. it’s an unusual thing at this age level.. they normally run away to avoid blame -
    Overall Pride level: 200

Some good rearing there if I do say so myself.. been smiling since

The people I work with. Always a good laugh and good company that makes staying on so late not feel so bad.

Way different to my last job, also TH that I left there when I did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing tuxedo cat stalking around our backyard slowly :3 they were having a grand time smelling my mam's flower bushes and were going in and out of bushes :3, I should know better by now that I should just leave them be but I couldn't help trying too call them over, they were not impressed and as soon as they saw me jumped up on the coal bunker and over the wall :3.

Seeing tuxedo cat stalking around our backyard slowly :3 they were having a grand time smelling my mam's flower bushes and were going in and out of bushes :3, I should know better by now that I should just leave them be but I couldn't help trying too call them over, they were not impressed and as soon as they saw me jumped up on the coal bunker and over the wall :3.

Slightly related, watching my neighbours cat in our back garden. Sitting in the flowerbeds, watching the birds. We know the neighbour has two cats that look the same, and they’re called Mabel and Shakira. That also makes me TH :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Slightly related, watching my neighbours cat in our back garden. Sitting in the flowerbeds, watching the birds. We know the neighbour has two cats that look the same, and they’re called Mabel and Shakira. That also makes me TH :D

Are they friendly? would they come over to say hi if you called them :3?

Are they friendly? would they come over to say hi if you called them :3?

Apparently they are friendly, but shy. If we open the door they get startled and run away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Piggy French winning badminton. 25 years trying is a long time, and she always comes across as very down to earth, and like she really loves her horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Local election candidates coming to the door. I realise it's probably a TA for most people, but I love interrogating them so it's probably a bit of a sadistic trivial happiness. Questions about illegal dumping and planning regulations are my favourites :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Toasted sandwiches.

Just had 2....want 3 more!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Having a great evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

On a normal Sunday there'd still be stuff to do before going to bed and I’d be complaining the weekend is too short.
    This weekend I got everything cleared up after dinner before sitting down to watch TV, and there's another day off tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tiana Scone

Was trying to think of a name. I remembered. Yipee so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

A few pints a great laugh with a good friend.

It's great to just talk nonsense and laugh. Life can get very serious so tis good to meet a pal that can lighten the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Olives.

Finding out Jupiter has 67 moons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Brightness in the morning and evening .OK its not that warm yet and could be better but the light is lovely at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Jiggly pops! I fookin love them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Jiggly pops! I fookin love them. :)
    Jiggly pops???
    What are they,a pet name for boobies or something? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement