Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Got this deal today.

Had to return home to get a HDMI cable and micro USB or else there was a 15 euro added fee.

Also would only accept games that had trade in value of at least a tenner. So wouldnt take old FIFAs or Maddens. Not sure if people are telling porkies in here or if this was some new restriction on the deal. Or of course, incompetence from staff members who took those games from others.

Anyway, still delighted as was a launch PS4 that has seen better days and have both the games through PS plus that I traded in.

Thanks for the bargain alert OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The banner on their website say "any" two PS4 games so I'd be pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

WellyJ wrote: »
    Got this deal today.

Had to return home to get a HDMI cable and micro USB or else there was a 15 euro added fee.

Also would only accept games that had trade in value of at least a tenner. So wouldnt take old FIFAs or Maddens. Not sure if people are telling porkies in here or if this was some new restriction on the deal. Or of course, incompetence from staff members who took those games from others.

Anyway, still delighted as was a launch PS4 that has seen better days and have both the games through PS plus that I traded in.

Thanks for the bargain alert OP!

The shop on Liffey Street told me ANY two games so bought two FIFA 15’s in cex for a euro each.

But then I left them in work. Doh.

I was going to wait till the next day and get my copies of FIFA from work but I ended up going to GameStop in blanch that evening and using The Order and Killzone as they were collecting dust in the attic anyway.

I’ll keep the fifas for spare boxes and frisbees. Lol.

In somewhat related news The Order looks great but **** me I absolutely HATE quick time events. I gave up after about an hour of dogs jumping at me and missing the necessary qte. I know I’m **** but seriously why did any developer ever think these qte things were a good idea. They add nothing!! /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

What firmware are the PS4 Pros on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Went to a local GameStop to see if they had any stock in store.

They did not have any PS4 Pros in stock but the manager did offer to do the swap with a God of War PS4 Pro for €190 instead (Not sure if they were in stock).

Manager there said this deal is going on till the 19th. So plenty of time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Just on this went to the parkway in limerick with Fifa 16 and it was not accepted had to buy a game min value 9 euro inshore to get the deal done.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

We traded in PS4 today . They wouldn’t accept any of the fifa games so had to go to Cex and get a couple of 10e games. These were accepted. Offer is on until the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Where’s the t’s and c’s that says over a tenner game. It seems like individual stores making up rules.

Actually where’s the t’s & c’s for this in general. I couldn’t find them. There’s an asterix on advert on site but when you click on the add it just gives ps pro specs.

Did anyone manage to trade in two Fifa’s For this deal out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

They wouldn't accept Fifa 15 or 16 from me.

So I went to CEX and got PES 15 for €1.50. They accepted that. Along with an old copy of Batman Arkham Knight I owned.

Cheapest CEX games listed here:
    https://ie.webuy.com/search?categoryIds=998&sortBy=sellprice&sortOrder=asc

Check with Gamestop before you buy any game from CEX to make sure its accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I got mine on Saturday. There was no stock in Gamestop Clarehall, had two in Donaghmede (only 1 after I got mine).
    I traded in Shadow Warrior (which I think we bought for a fiver) and Terraria.
    Didn't realise the dual shock had recieved an update. Nice grippy buttons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Where’s the t’s and c’s that says over a tenner game. It seems like individual stores making up rules.

Actually where’s the t’s & c’s for this in general. I couldn’t find them. There’s an asterix on advert on site but when you click on the add it just gives ps pro specs.

Did anyone manage to trade in two Fifa’s For this deal out of curiosity?

Not for the Pro but for the days of play console, on the banner ad when you click it there's an asterix and beside it says :- Console Trade Deal: Select titles may be excluded based on their trade value - check store for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

In Dundrum, the guy was happy for me to pick up two copies of Fifa 15 from their used games stock, buy them for €4 and use them as part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

superg wrote: »
    Not for the Pro but for the days of play console, on the banner ad when you click it there's an asterix and beside it says :- Console Trade Deal: Select titles may be excluded based on their trade value - check store for details.

Yeah that's what my friend was told.

It is any two games but the games must have a trade value, some older titles like fifa 15/16 etc are not on their trade system anymore so they can't accept if even if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

This offer seems to have disappeared from the website.

Does anyone know if it's still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Funny how they would want a HDMI cable with the console traded in , as it doesn't come with a new PS4....

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Funny how they would want a HDMI cable with the console traded in , as it doesn't come with a new PS4....

It does come with a new ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

bkrangle wrote: »
    This offer seems to have disappeared from the website.

Does anyone know if it's still running?

Yes it is still running until 19-June.

The problem is that the shops have no stock of PS4 Pros at the moment and they do not know when they will receive fresh stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Stiro05

I got my days of play PS4 yesterday , and they accepted call of duty modern warfare and just dance 2014 and FIFA 2017 . I recommend you check your local store because the guys on Facebook told me none apart from call of duty would be accepted. I know it's not a pro, but still a good deal in my opinion. Traded an old 4 year old PS4 with 1 controller and for e69.99 get a brand new slim version with 2 controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Why did you trade 3 games in? And yeh that's better than good, it's an outrageous deal. Considering the price of a new dualshock on its own you're essentially getting a free upgrade to a brand new console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Stiro05

I don't actually know tbh. I would say the fella was a little sneaky cos when I looked at receipt he gave me 10cents for the FIFA 17 but look I'm never gonna play it again so I let him off with it lol

And regarding the dualshock, I was going to buy a new one anyway which are at least E50 so it was a no brainier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

jacksie66 wrote: »
    No stock of pro's in either The Crescent or The Parkway in Limerick. Rang William Street and they didn't even know what I was taking about..

booked it in william street today, picking up tomorrow.

god of war edition (hadnt played it yet)
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/68394
    Mines a launch one, so was definitely getting on.
    190 seems well worth it, even if my current tvs arent 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

did the exchange thing - chewed up controller cost us EUR 10, the missing HDMI 5, but he's happy

Its unpacked now and hes wittering with his friends...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

phill106 wrote: »
    booked it in william street today, picking up tomorrow.

god of war edition (hadnt played it yet)
    https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/68394
    Mines a launch one, so was definitely getting on.
    190 seems well worth it, even if my current tvs arent 4k.

What 2 games did you give? Gonna try Crescent tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully can give old FIFAs

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Just did the trade in earlier and when I asked the guy behind the till he said any two games would do for the trade-in as long as they were on the system as having a trade-in value, this was in Limerick though so might be different elsewhere.

Hayezer wrote: »
    What 2 games did you give? Gonna try Crescent tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully can give old FIFAs

fifa 17 was the oldest one they would take fifa wise, they said would take most other games
    I had an issue apparently where disks werent being drawn in smoothly, so they wouldnt do it :(
    going to try and clean it, see if it makes a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I used this deal to trade in my old standard PS4 and get the GoW PS4 Pro for €190

It looks like a nice console, looking forward to setting it up later.

There seemed to be a few more GoW PS4 Pros, as well as black and white ones, in Stephen's Green Gamestop

Got my ps4 pro god of war edition, managed to make the drive on ps4 not slow on inserting disks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Did this in the Crescent store yesterday, they'd take any 2 games at all and I traded Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes (which costs about a fiver I'd say) and Rayman Legends. My controller is pretty scuffed up with the rubber worn off the sticks but they took it and just added a 2 euro refurbishment charge which is great. Delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Tried to trade my launch console but wouldn't accept it due to missing sticker at back

Advertisement