Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Tried to trade my launch console but wouldn't accept it due to missing sticker at back

Quite possibly the warranty sticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Quite possibly the warranty sticker?

Yep. I had taken it off last year when cleaning the fan and forgot to put back on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Yep. I had taken it off last year when cleaning the fan and forgot to put back on afterwards.
    try another store?
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PlayStation-4-Maintenance-Warranty-Stickers-Set-Black/232289230540?hash=item3615845ecc:g:9ccAAOSw4CFYt2E4

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

phill106 wrote: »

It's one of the first things they'd check. Also by the time those stickers arrive the deal will be long over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Alright peeps, but was all set to bring my original PS4 in today to get new PS4. SO did some research last night, and there is not much difference between the two consoles.

Can someone persuade me to get one, as I'm not seeing the sense of it right now.

• Advertisement

It's one of the first things they'd check. Also by the time those stickers arrive the deal will be long over.
    Yep. I'll get it sorted and just wait for next deal. I'm guessing next one will probably be in September if Sony do a pro edition console for Spiderman

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Alright peeps, but was all set to bring my original PS4 in today to get new PS4. SO did some research last night, and there is not much difference between the two consoles.

Can someone persuade me to get one, as I'm not seeing the sense of it right now.

Main differences that sold me
    1. My machine is a launch one, well out of warranty, already sounded like a jet engine. New one is new, will have warranty.
    2. Ditto for DS4 controller
    2. Faster ram
    3. Bettter gpu
    4. Double storage
    5. Got the god of war version, so looks cool (personal opinion)
    6. Supposed "boost mode" and "super sampling" improvements to older games.
    7. While my tv doesnt supported 4k or HDR, my next one will, so adding some future proofing.
    8. Price seems good, getting a 469.99 package for 190 (with mine as tradein)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not as big a difference as the Xbox One to Xbox One X but it is a big improvement.

You don't need to have a 4K TV either which is a major misconception, as most games will run a lot better visually at 1080p, some will also have a better frame-rate. Current PS4 runs a lot of games at 1080p, but at low detail levels/draw distances - these are improved by the more powerful GPU in the Pro in a lot of games and will be going forward.

It may not be a worthwhile upgrade for everyone, but it is a solid upgrade and you'll all the perks like brand new console, new warranty, and all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Argos have ps4 with Gow and another game for €270. Pro with same deal is €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

right I have a launch model PS4 , without backing it up to an external hard drive, is my game progress stored to my account ? I can re download the games I want, and I have the rest on disk. I just have a lot of hours put into some games

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    right I have a launch model PS4 , without backing it up to an external hard drive, is my game progress stored to my account ? I can re download the games I want, and I have the rest on disk. I just have a lot of hours put into some games

If you have playstation plus then your saves should be on the cloud. But on the safe side, you are better off saving to a usb

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

If you have playstation plus then your saves should be on the cloud. But on the safe side, you are better off saving to a usb

just found a TB external drive I thought was done for, that seems to be working fine again, so can back up to that !

2smiggy wrote: »
    just found a TB external drive I thought was done for, that seems to be working fine again, so can back up to that !

Just in case,go into settings and application saves,so upload them there. Download from there if needed.also don't be alarmed if you can't load save immediately, most games will let you play while not fully installed,no but can't load saves until fully done

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

Hi all,

I phoned GameStop yesterday and they had fresh stock in.

They held one for me and I traded in an old ps4 plus 2 games and I got the ps4 pro today for e150.

If anyone else is looking for this deal then they should contact their local store.

I got mine at Douglas cork store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

when does this offer end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Got one today as I've been worried the old PS4 will kick it soon. Its a decent offer to be fair to them. The up selling attempts they try are atrocious though. Had me going for ages about this level 3 membership and I had to pull it out of him that it costs extra. Like ****ing Scientology.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Got one today as I've been worried the old PS4 will kick it soon. Its a decent offer to be fair to them. The up selling attempts they try are atrocious though. Had me going for ages about this level 3 membership and I had to pull it out of him that it costs extra. Like ****ing Scientology.

Jesus, their level three membership sell is painful. "Early access to GameStop events..." ehhh I'm OK thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

s8n wrote: »

End of day tomorrow I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

elfy4eva wrote: »

Ha they tried that with me as well. AN EXTRA 5% OFF TRADE INS! His poor little face when I told him I usually trade in in CEX as Gamestop trade in values are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

s8n wrote: »

The Days of Play offers ended yesterday, I think.

According to staff this PS4 Pro trade-in offer runs until the end of the month. The problem seems to be with stock, rather than the offer expiring.

I got it yesterday trading in FIFA 17 and Battlefield Hardline, which I bought in Cex for €6 each...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭davektherave

Hey guys.
    The offer actually ends today. I just went in to get it and they wouldn't take my console as the rubbers on the controller were worn...... so yeah. They offered to take the controller from the ps4 pro but I refused. Good or bad idea i don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

Similar deal is on now, trade in any PS4 with almost any 2 games for the 1TB PS4 Pro with Fortnite bundle for 99.99 Euro.
    They will only accept PS4, Xbox 1 or Switch games and they have to have a trade in value of more then 10 cent.
    So that would exclude fifa 15, but I traded in pro evo 15 which had a trade in value of either 36 or 39 cent and Destiny which I can replace for 5 euro in cex if needs be.

To check out the deal, go to the Recycled section of their site, its not on their homepage banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Stupify

God damn, wish I'd held out for this new deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JustinTables

Is this a new or pre-owned pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Stupify

Is this a new or pre-owned pro?

Brand new, same as the older deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

when does the offer end?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

when does the offer end?

I have just rang one of the stores as I can't go there today... they told me end of the month.

Edit: They didn't accept Fifa 16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - can anyone give me some advice - I installed a 2TB drive in my PS4 and it took forever to download my games as I have close to dial up speed internet - is there any way to copy all the games over to anther drive and then copy them back when I install the 2TB drive in the PS4 when I get it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

Danick wrote: »
    Hi - can anyone give me some advice - I installed a 2TB drive in my PS4 and it took forever to download my games as I have close to dial up speed internet - is there any way to copy all the games over to anther drive and then copy them back when I install the 2TB drive in the PS4 when I get it?

Thanks
    As long as your ps4 is up to date, it has the functionality now. A quick Google can sort you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks for that - does that include copying over the entire game files or just game saves? I could really do without the hassle of having to download the games I bought online all over again - thanks

Advertisement