Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Danick wrote: »
    Thanks for that - does that include copying over the entire game files or just game saves? I could really do without the hassle of having to download the games I bought online all over again - thanks

Head to Settings > Storage > System Storage.
    Select Applications and tap X.
    Tap Options, select Move to Extended Storage.
    Select the games you want to move by pressing X next to each title, then select Move. Wait for the games to transfer.

this includes full games

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mars A7X

Can it be any 2 PS4 games? Would Evil Within 2 and Infamous SS do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Mars A7X wrote: »
    Can it be any 2 PS4 games? Would Evil Within 2 and Infamous SS do?

Once they are on their system then they’ll take them. I’d say you’re fine with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Would they accept PS3 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

manster wrote: »
    Would they accept PS3 games?

No, just PS4, Xbox One, Switch. They need to have some resale value in store, and second hand last gen games are nothing to Gamestop.

• Advertisement

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07/19/introducing-the-limited-edition-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-and-ps4-bundles/

New Red Spider Man Themed PS4's due out 7th September. Might be worth holding out for a new color. Gamestop will defo make another deal on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm gonna see about this at the weekend all going well.
    For the games, does it have to be anything you can find by searching on their site?

Also, does it matter if you don't have the PS4 box any more? I've had mine since launch so that was chucked as soon as the warranty expired as it was in the way

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm gonna see about this at the weekend all going well.
    For the games, does it have to be anything you can find by searching on their site?

Also, does it matter if you don't have the PS4 box any more? I've had mine since launch so that was chucked as soon as the warranty expired as it was in the way

the games must have a trade in value of 10 cent atleast.
    You can check trade prices on cex for reference.

I dont think the box should be a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never had a box when trading console into GS - should be fine

Think I'll trade up this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got this deal yesterday, Traded in Fifa 17 and battlefield. Only issue I had was my controller had the rubber wore off of the thumbsticks so had to go to Argos to buy 2 replacements. Great deal in fairness.

Now looking for recommendations for games. Picked up Resident Evil 7 whilst in there but definitely not my cup of tea. Last game i played was The Last of us and really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

4real wrote: »
    the games must have a trade in value of 10 cent atleast.
    You can check trade prices on cex for reference.

I dont think the box should be a deal breaker.

correct, just make sure to bring your hdmi cable, power cord and usb charging cable

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Went in today to GameStop Blanch. Guy called Sean was working. Could not have been more helpful. Traded in a load of old PS3 games and PS3 controllers. To avail of offer had to buy 2 five euro games from bargain rack (both were the same game) which he found for me, one was a PS4 and the other was xbox. He tested the old console so had to call back. Note you Must have an official controller, hdmi, charger and power cable. You don't need to have the slim version of the PS4 either. Any old working PS4 will do. Happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭davektherave

Got this deal today also. Missed the one last month due to having worn thumb stick on my pad.
    Went back in with another pad and the thumb sticks (in my opinion) were mint but it still didn't meet the standards. I got chraged an extra €10 for repair instead. Didn't mind really as it was still worth it especially as the ps4 was launch day console.
    I too had a nice experience with the guy behind the counter, I must say. It was in Tralee. Traded in black flag and titan fall 2 if that's any help to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Thanks Steve for this. Great offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got offer in Carlow yesterday, same as above posters, guys there were extremely helpful and pleasant. Excellent offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

manster wrote: »
    Went in today to GameStop Blanch. Guy called Sean was working. Could not have been more helpful. Traded in a load of old PS3 games and PS3 controllers. To avail of offer had to buy 2 five euro games from bargain rack (both were the same game) which he found for me, one was a PS4 and the other was xbox. He tested the old console so had to call back. Note you Must have an official controller, hdmi, charger and power cable. You don't need to have the slim version of the PS4 either. Any old working PS4 will do. Happy customer.

What games did you trade in?
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    Got offer in Carlow yesterday, same as above posters, guys there were extremely helpful and pleasant. Excellent offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got this today in the Naas store. Mine was a launch model and wasn't in the best shape so they added on a €10 cleaning fee, my micro USB was about to fall off so they added on €5 for that. She sorted me out with a Loyalty card which took the price down from €114 to €107. Happy with that. The games I traded in were Far Cry 4(had two copies) and UFC 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wearypenguin

Irishder wrote: »
    Got this deal yesterday, Traded in Fifa 17 and battlefield. Only issue I had was my controller had the rubber wore off of the thumbsticks so had to go to Argos to buy 2 replacements. Great deal in fairness.

Now looking for recommendations for games. Picked up Resident Evil 7 whilst in there but definitely not my cup of tea. Last game i played was The Last of us and really enjoyed it.

I was looking at this deal but have the same issue with my Controller. If I just apply the cheap thumb grips available in Argos they will accept without issue?

yep they done this for me in Waterford.

yep they done this for me in Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Stupid question but do you get a brand new PS4 Pro or a refurbished one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

mutley18 wrote: »
    Stupid question but do you get a brand new PS4 Pro or a refurbished one?

A new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Another stupid question...........

I'm seriously tempted by this and am popping into my local Gamestop tomorrow.

If I changed to the pro, obviously I can download my ps store purchased games, but will the additional content that my kid bought on Fortnite still be there and will the save points of the games I'm playing be the same when I re-download?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Final fantasy type o and saints row 4, they’ll take anything once it has a trade in value, so fifa 16 or wwe16 wouldn’t work but most games would

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Another stupid question...........

I'm seriously tempted by this and am popping into my local Gamestop tomorrow.

If I changed to the pro, obviously I can download my ps store purchased games, but will the additional content that my kid bought on Fortnite still be there and will the save points of the games I'm playing be the same when I re-download?

Thanks in advance.

With regard to Fortnite, your game is saved on Epic Games’ server, not backed up to Sony’s cloud service. So once you log in to the new Playstation and reinstall Fortnite, the game will be as it was on your old machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mars A7X

I was talking to a fella in GS and he said the same deal will be going on for the spiderman one in September and it will be 190 with the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Do the thumb grip covers work for this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Another probably stupid question but I will throw it out anyways.

Does it matter if you have upgraded your PS4 hard drive, I stuck a 1TB drive in my PS4.

Can I still trade it in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Another probably stupid question but I will throw it out anyways.

Does it matter if you have upgraded your PS4 hard drive, I stuck a 1TB drive in my PS4.

Can I still trade it in ?

A lot of people are saying it does and best bet is to swap them back out. Apparently if the warranty sticker on the back is broken they wont take it either but always worth a shot.

Main reason I haven't got it yet is because I'm to lazy to swap my hardrive back out ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭davektherave

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Do the thumb grip covers work for this deal?

Worth a try if you can get them for cheap. Otherwise, they will add on a fee of €30 or €10 if you're lucky. That's from my experience anyway. Best of luck.

Advertisement