Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I traded mine in yesterday, which was really old - so old it originally came with a 500GB HDD. I had swapped out the HDD for a 2TB so I swapped back in the old HDD and formatted before trading it. It is a miracle I found it. If you swap out the HDD correctly there is no evidence that it was ever removed. There is no sticker to peel off - just 5 screws (at least on the original PS4)

Anyway, they were happy with what I gave them, and even said the PS4 was in great condition. I came back home, and put the 2TB HDD in the Pro before starting it up, and formated again. Now I have a 2TB PS Pro, and a 1TB sitting in a ziplock bag waiting for the next trade in down the line.

Only game I tried so far is No Man's Sky, which seem to run great, even though I still hate the gameplay. I will give Rise of the Tomb Raider a shot over the weekend, which is more my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Do you need the box or anything like that, or did he just take it into the shop in a carrier bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

AdrianII wrote: »
    Do you need the box or anything like that, or did he just take it into the shop in a carrier bag.

read the thread, already answered.

4real wrote: »
    read the thread, already answered.

a quick yes or no would have faster for you to type. But thanks for the input, on the hunt for a mod job are you.

Update . So after reading the thread. Looks like you don't need the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

AdrianII wrote: »
    a quick yes or no would have faster for you to type. But thanks for the input, on the hunt for a mod job are you.

no need to be rude, the question was answered just in the last page.
    I didnt ask you to read the whole thread, thanks but no thanks i dont need a mod job :)

• Advertisement

4real wrote: »
    no need to be rude, the question was answered just in the last page.
    I didnt ask you to read the whole thread, thanks but no thanks i dont need a mod job :)

Didnt see that on cr@ppy andriod phone. My bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I never understand why people would rather spend more time being an arse for the sake of it when it would be quicker to just be nice and answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Do the thumb grip covers work for this deal?
    Yep worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

So a standard pro will cost you 100 euro, but a GoW one will cost 190, despite the price difference between the 2 been 70 euro? Seems odd but still a good deal.

Benzino wrote: »
    So a standard pro will cost you 100 euro, but a GoW one will cost 190, despite the price difference between the 2 been 70 euro? Seems odd but still a good deal.

God of war one cones with the limited edition console and game not just the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

SeanHarty wrote: »
    God of war one cones with the limited edition console and game not just the game

Yeah but the price difference is 70 euro between the Fortnite pro and GoW pro when buying normally.

Benzino wrote: »

Yeah but the price difference is 70 euro between the Fortnite pro and GoW pro when buying normally.

Ah fair enough didn't realise that!

That is odd maybe they have the extra 20 on because there going to do the same deal when the Spider-Man one lands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Got the pro this evening.

Had to buy a game down there because I only had one on disk.

Cheapest I could find was 10e.

Amazing value deal - my old ps4 was 3 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

All my content is digital, so I will have to buy two games there. Does anyone know the cheapest two games i can buy there to use on this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

A lot of people are saying it does and best bet is to swap them back out. Apparently if the warranty sticker on the back is broken they wont take it either but always worth a shot.

Main reason I haven't got it yet is because I'm to lazy to swap my hardrive back out ha

Thanks for that, I can't even remember what model the original hard drive was, I know it was a 500GB but what make, I have no idea.

I have around 3 or 4 knocking around and not sure which one it is :pac:

A lot of people are saying it does and best bet is to swap them back out. Apparently if the warranty sticker on the back is broken they wont take it either but always worth a shot.

Main reason I haven't got it yet is because I'm to lazy to swap my hardrive back out ha

Thanks for that, I can't even remember what model the original hard drive was, I know it was a 500GB but what make, I have no idea.

I have around 3 or 4 knocking around and not sure which one it is :pac:

I'm gonna dig mine out over the weekend and put it back in, I have a day one ps4 so I'll take a few pictures of it and send em on to you it will hopefully help in identifying which is the right one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭facehugger99

hobochris wrote: »
    All my content is digital, so I will have to buy two games there. Does anyone know the cheapest two games i can buy there to use on this deal?

Just have a look down there - they won't accept Fifa 15/16.

Cheapest game I could find was SW Battlefront (the first one).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

Just have a look down there - they won't accept Fifa 15/16.

Cheapest game I could find was SW Battlefront (the first one).

I traded in Tearaway Unfolded. If you have cex around
    You can get it for 3.50e there.

Was told over the phone destiny 1 has a value of 50c and the division has a value of 2.50.

If you have a few games just ring them they'll tell you over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

This is the HDD model that was in launch PS4s

zdq0vaAl.png

I dont have a photo of my own, but this is the exact model I saw two days ago before I traded it in.

I honestly dont think Gamestop will care what model is in the PS4 as long as it works (and once it is 500GB or higher).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

I just picked up a PS4 Pro Fortnite bundle in GS Blach using this trade in. The price was (an unbelievable) €99.

I saw the deal on their website and called to double check before heading in.

Fantastic offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patryan2

Traded in my release day PS4 plus four fairly old games in Dundrum branch and got the Pro Fortnite bundle for €70. Very friendly and efficient staff. I was in and out in about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do they take 1 Controller as it only comes with one controller originally, along with USB(charger for it), HDMI, 2 games and the unit itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Requires giving money to gamestop though.

Are they pro-Israel or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patryan2

Berty wrote: »
    Do they take 1 Controller as it only comes with one controller originally, along with USB(charger for it), HDMI, 2 units and the unit itself?

Yes, only 1 controller needed. Don't forget the power cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Berty wrote: »
    Do they take 1 Controller as it only comes with one controller originally, along with USB(charger for it), HDMI, 2 units and the unit itself?

Yes to all of the above, assuming by 2 units you mean 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ArthurG wrote: »
    Yes to all of the above, assuming by 2 units you mean 2 games.

Typing faster than I was thinking or vice versa. :pac:

tinodz wrote: »
    This is the HDD model that was in launch PS4s

zdq0vaAl.png

I dont have a photo of my own, but this is the exact model I saw two days ago before I traded it in.

I honestly dont think Gamestop will care what model is in the PS4 as long as it works (and once it is 500GB or higher).

The one that came out of mine was a Samsung one, on my phone and don't know how to upload a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Picked mine up earlier, 93 quids. Apparently they changed the deal and it's any two games now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Seanachai wrote: »
    Are they pro-Israel or something?

haven't a glue, but I dislike them selling second hand games that they'd buy for €20 but then sell for €50. none of that second sale goes back to the developer to fund their next game.

ohh and can I interest you in disc protection for an extra €5?

Advertisement