Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Codenames LOL Semi-Final 2 Team RPG Vs Team Siberia

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I'm thinking pilot straight out of the bat, because of monarch airline,
    but, there is a Washington Monarch hotel, although that's weak, just like the monarch theatre in phoenix is weak.
    There's are mens boots called the monarch, there's even a company called monarch helicopters.
    There's even a investment firm called monarch alt capital.
    There's a chilling tale called The March of the Monarch about the monarch butterflies getting caught out by a winter storm.
    Then theres the The Monarch March, by Charles Sanglear, marching song.
    Theres a brand of honey called monarch honey.
    oh, monarch airlines ceased trading in 2017, so i'm less happy with pilot.

Think i'll pass and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Red Clue 3:
    Shuksan (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

WASHINGTON

EAGLE

DWARF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pter wrote: »
    WASHINGTON

Correct
    EAGLE

Sorry, that's the Assassin.

Flip. Ah well. Best of luck in the final lads.

Sorry molly!

Hard luck on hitting the assassin, gg.

Sunspider was the controversial clue. It's both a web benchmark and weird desert not-a-spider creature, but the creature is usually 2 words. There are some references to it as a single word from reputable sources, and that's the original form of the name apparently but I should have cleared it first.

4th word for that was Crown because Opera took the Sunspider crown in 2014. Tenuous doesn't even come close.

Pilot was the last word for monarch, didn't know they'd gone under. Might have gone with prince William but he's a Helicopter pilot so it was risky.

thinking dwarf, kiwi, alps and march are red?

• Advertisement

452885.jpgDwarf boots helicopter fair alps

so, pter had it right with gardening fair, and alps was with dwarf in first clue, not kiwi, was there anymore to shuksan, or just a reclue of alps?

March was our one by the way.

so march & pilot left.

Shuksan was an alps re-clue to try get Pter off the Kiwi thing for my dwarf clue. Ugh. Just couldn't get the words to fit together.
    Boot was the other word for the gardening clue actually. I had a word for helicopter and fair.

Sorry Pete.

The word translated to eagle peak or something like that but sure not to worry.

Ugh never even noticed that on the wiki page.

think its ok as
    The mountain's name Shuksan is derived from the Lummi word [šéqsən], said to mean "high peak".

The traditional name of Mount Shuksan in the Nooksack language is Shéqsan ("high foot") or Ch’ésqen ("golden eagle")
    thats quite a diffrent word, so clue should be okay.

In the book Nooksack Place Names by Allan Richardson, Brent Galloway, even they are unsure if it means golden eagle or not.
    source

the wikipedia pages cite the nooksacktribe.org website which doent help as its doesnt clarify anything.
    Shéqsan ~ Ch’ésqen – Mt. Shuksan. [high foot ~ golden eagle]

Clue lead me to the wiki page and the word eagle was there.....

Clue lead me to the wiki page and the word eagle was there.....

ah yes, i understand that,

but if eagle is still active anywhere on the board, you can't clue águila (sp) or Aigle (fr).

so was just making sure the clue is good, and as far as i can see, it was fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement