Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

nix wrote: »
    You just need to learn how to play these games, once you get good at one of the games, you will be very capable to do the rest. It may even take a full clear of the game to find your bearings and then you will be hooked.

Or maybe you're just made for playing interactive cut scene games, in which case, keep your easy mode idea's out of the realm of "real" games :pac::P

Trust me, I tried! I reckon at least 8 hours in Bloodborne, and if I didn't 'get it' at that stage, there's no point in continuing!

And I hate interactive cut scene games (MGS springs to mind), but I do like a challenge. Just like the recent God of War. Not hard in comparison, but was tough enough but not so much that it made it unenjoyable! I just want my games to be entertaining, and I don't find entertainment in the Souls games.

Anyway, enough off topic, i've dragged it away enough as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Trust me, I tried! I reckon at least 8 hours in Bloodborne, and if I didn't 'get it' at that stage, there's no point in continuing!

And I hate interactive cut scene games (MGS springs to mind), but I do like a challenge. Just like the recent God of War. Not hard in comparison, but was tough enough but not so much that it made it unenjoyable! I just want my games to be entertaining, and I don't find entertainment in the Souls games.

Anyway, enough off topic, i've dragged it away enough as it is!

I nearly gave up to, you need to soldier on, it all just eventually clicks when you get into the groove. It may take more than 8 hours, i can see the way you were playing being extra frustrating, as Nick says, just run passed the mobs when running back on boss attempts, if you're constantly fighting your way back it will get really tedious.

There are two states of progressing in these games, wandering around exploring and farming souls/echoes, and then running the gauntlet of danger back to the boss without getting hit for your next attempt, explore as much as you can up until the boss to make sure you're not missing out on opening a short cut.

Now get to it!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No new footage (in fact, it's annoyingly the same looped E3 footage interspersed with Souls clips), but some good info re: combat/general gameplay mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Awesome. I may play it, will see what others say first. Can't see why they don't just have a 'Casual' and 'Hardcode' modes. I'm sure i'd enjoy the story, but I can't stand the you died simulators. I don't feel the reward is worth the frustration.

I get frustrated very easy. With every step into Bloodborne I expected to meet an obstacle I couldn't pass. It never happened. I did co-op a fair bit which makes it a lot easier and is more than frowned upon within some sections of the community. Certainly didn't lessen my enjoyment. I solo'd some of the harder bosses too but never truly got stuck. It's one of the few games I platinumed and is now one of my favourites.

That said if it doesn't click it doesn't click and there's no point forcing it on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,764 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No new footage (in fact, it's annoyingly the same looped E3 footage interspersed with Souls clips), but some good info re: combat/general gameplay mechanics.

Vaati has done three videos on it so far. His DS and BB stuff is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Coming out March 22nd, 2019.
    New gameplay details about Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice reveal that the prosthetic tools belonging to the “one-armed wolf” protagonist can be reconstructed to unlock new actions such as powerful charge attacks. These attacks allow the player to broaden their approach to defeat their foes.

At Gamescom 2018, fans will finally be able to experience the unique and varied features of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and sample the game’s rich sense of tension for the first time including:

Sword Combat: The core combat in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is measured by an intense clash of steel. Players will take command of special Sword Arts to supplement their regular attacks, and tear down enemy defenses before sealing the final blow.

Shinobi Prosthetic: Players can equip and switch between a variety of unique Prosthetic Tools to find the weakness of a formidable enemy. Additionally, tools such as the Grappling Hook can be utilized to bring an extra dimension to exploration and traversal throughout the world of the game.

Resurrection: Used as an opportunity for a tactical retreat or to deceive an enemy and go on the counter-offensive, this new combat strategy allows players to resurrect on the spot, even after a hasty death.

“We can’t wait for fans to finally get their hands on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice,” said Steve Young, Chief Revenue Officer at Activision. “Fans will get a taste of the multiple tools available for the prosthetic shinobi arm this week at Gamescom, and will be able to fully dive into the brutal, dark world of 1500s Sengoku Japan when the game launches on March 22, 2019.”

Collectors Edition announced as well.

sekiro-no-logo-1534782722162.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That statue looks rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Looks good but I'm not going near it. Dark Souls combat = Head through wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

With the more open nature and emphasis on agility, I think I will enjoy this more than the Souls games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

There is a lot to learn about the new combat abilities.
    Definitely a bigger step away from Souls than Bloodborne was.
    Looks great though. I doubt the PS4 will be able to push 60fps but hopefully there is an option for the PS4 Pro.

• Advertisement

There is a lot to learn about the new combat abilities.
    Definitely a bigger step away from Souls than Bloodborne was.
    Looks great though. I doubt the PS4 will be able to push 60fps but hopefully there is an option for the PS4 Pro.

If they do like the guys did for Tomb Raider and Witcher did it'd be great. I'll be picking it up on the X rather than PlayStation though.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If they do like the guys did for Tomb Raider and Witcher did it'd be great. I'll be picking it up on the X rather than PlayStation though.

Ni Oh had some great options to prioritize framerate over image quality but I just don't trust the Fromsoft engine to have those features.

Ni Oh had some great options to prioritize framerate over image quality but I just don't trust the Fromsoft engine to have those features.

Probably not but I'll be getting it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

This reminds me of Tenchu rather than a Souls game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Have any of you been watching the gameplay vids uploaded today? Loads on YouTube. Vaatividya, Epic Name Bro etc. Game looks brilliant. March seems so far away.

Have any of you been watching the gameplay vids uploaded today? Loads on YouTube. Vaatividya, Epic Name Bro etc. Game looks brilliant. March seems so far away.

Hadn't realised Vaati uploaded his videos. Will have a watch of those later.

ENB asked about performance on console and was told they are prioritising resolution while trying to get the highest frame rate possible so you're right on that score.

Hadn't realised Vaati uploaded his videos. Will have a watch of those later.

Let us know what you think! Check out ENB as well man, thought his was the best out of those I watched today. Vaatis has no commentary but ENB speaks about different aspects of what he played.

The lads on Prepare To Try have a video up as well.

https://youtu.be/AhFkbbZ--TI

Let us know what you think! Check out ENB as well man, thought his was the best out of those I watched today. Vaatis has no commentary but ENB speaks about different aspects of what he played.

There are 2 Vaatis videos up,one with commentary and its edited down from the other video.

The game looks superb,i hope they can get 60fps out of the Pro/X as the pace of the combat is paramount..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

bigphil2 wrote: »
    There are 2 Vaatis videos up,one with commentary and its edited down from the other video.

The game looks superb,i hope they can get 60fps out of the Pro/X as the pace of the combat is paramount..

At the start of the first of Vaatis videos he says he felt the game never fell below 60fps once.

At the start of the first of Vaatis videos he says he felt the game never fell below 60fps once.

It was demo'd on a PC.

It was demo'd on a PC.

The Prepare To Try lads had Xbox button prompts on their gameplay.

they were using an xbox controller on a pc.

All Dark Souls games have xbox button prompts on the PC versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

It was demo'd on a PC.

Ah that's grand so, thought it was a Sony exclusive ala Bloodborne. Ill get it on PC then

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I'm very excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New Trailer.

Xenji wrote: »
    New Trailer.

Was just about to post this. Game looks class. Can't wait for it.

Do Smyths not get all games in or something? I wanna order this by Gamestop seem to be the only place in this country that has it.

• Advertisement

Vaati is after putting a translation video together for anyone interested. I'm surprised there isn't more hype about this game. Definitely the one I'm most excited for. The combat looks mental. I'm worried I might not have fast enough reflexes for it.

Advertisement