Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually I wonder how parrying will work if your on PC and running above 60FPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's probably using an enhanced version of the Dark Souls 3 engine which (eventually) ran really well on PC.

Rather get it on PC as From games usually have frame pacing issues on consoles you can power past or patch on PC.

Was DS3 rough? I got it on launch and don't remember any issues, running it off a 290 which wasn't a world beater at the time either, I was actually really impressed with how good it ran compared to 1 and 2.

Definitely looks like the DS3 engine to me, very similar character movement and the design is very like it.

Bloodbornes loading times was me finished with these games on console, an SSD is necessary for these games :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

TitianGerm wrote: »

The same if they programmed it properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Same as the jump from 30 to 60 surely, unless they tied stuff to framerate again but that'd be very stupid with the 2 versions of the consoles out.

In DS1 you could unlock the framerate from 30 to 60fps and it made parrying way easier as the jump from wind-up to swing was easier to see, if the timing works similarly then a higher framerate should make it easier

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The same if they programmed it properly?

No I mean if the timing is crucial to a good parry then if you have 120fps does that mean you'll have twice the time to hit the parry?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was DS3 rough? I got it on launch and don't remember any issues, running it off a 290 which wasn't a world beater at the time either, I was actually really impressed with how good it ran compared to 1 and 2.

Definitely looks like the DS3 engine to me, very similar character movement and the design is very like it.

Bloodbornes loading times was me finished with these games on console, an SSD is necessary for these games :D

I found Dark Souls 3 ran butter smooth for me as well but some people had frame pacing issues. Frame pacing was bad on console I think.

Bloodbornes frame rate and awful frame skipping actually had me drop the game and go back to dark souls 2 it was so bad. I love the game but wish it had a pc version.

No I mean if the timing is crucial to a good parry then if you have 120fps does that mean you'll have twice the time to hit the parry?

No you'll have the same amount of time. Even if they programme it badly.

Issues with frame rate happen if you increment something each frame like weapon degradation in the older Dark souls games. Parrying will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

For those that like this sort of thing. Future Press are doing the guide. The bloodborne one is a nice piece.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice/dp/3869930942/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5?keywords=sekiro+shadows+die+twice+guide&qid=1552038640&s=gateway&sr=8-5-fkmrnull

• Advertisement

Woden wrote: »

Ordered that. The Future Press books are great!!

Digital Foundry have a first look up for the PS4 Pro version.

https://youtu.be/rQItIcu9vvA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this might just scratch that onimusha itch ive had for a while now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

this might just scratch that onimusha itch ive had for a while now :)

Did you try the re-master?

Have this pre-ordered on the X in GameStop. Think I'll swap the pre-order to Division 2 and just grab Sekiro on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Have this pre-ordered on the X in GameStop. Think I'll swap the pre-order to Division 2 and just grab Sekiro on PC.

Just get them both on pc, save a fortune :confused:

nix wrote: »
    Just get them both on pc, save a fortune :confused:

I have credit in GameStop to use. Maybe put it towards Lugui Mansion 3 :confused:

I have credit in GameStop to use. Maybe put it towards Lugui Mansion 3 :confused:

Up to you, but thats a better idea. The division will look and play better on pc, and plus, mouse and keyboard ;)

nix wrote: »
    Up to you, but thats a better idea. The division will look and play better on pc, and plus, mouse and keyboard ;)

Aiming was good in the Beta alright but there's a good few of the lads getting it on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is this going to be one of those git good games ? heard it's from some of the same people who did Tenchu and it looks similar but I'm not a huge fan of those bloodborne/souls games that bully you into submission

• Advertisement

Trophies for those interested http://www.powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-trophy-list-revealed/

Not sure if they are spoliery , they do give away boss names at least.

Is this going to be one of those git good games ? heard it's from some of the same people who did Tenchu and it looks similar but I'm not a huge fan of those bloodborne/souls games that bully you into submission

The souls games aren't as hard as the press try to make them out to be. You're missing out on the best games if the last 20 years by not playing them.

All you need to do is git gud.

And they have an easy easier mode in the ability to summon help. I've played much harder games over the years that artificially increase the higher difficultly by making enemies bullet sponges and giving you f all health etc. Souls games give you a fighting chance for the most part in that you can get new gear and level up a stat a bit. 9 times out of 10 you died because you were unfamiliar with something, got impatient or got careless. There is that 1 time out of 10 were yeah the game gives you the middle finger :D

Actually some of the best fun I've had is co-oping these games with my partner. We'll maybe not Dark Souls the first time as it was a pain to get matched up.

I believe that this game will be more accessible in that you don't have to worry about stamina and what build you use as there is no stamina and there is only one character.

will still be hard but more accessible initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It is a From Software game, same crowd that made the souls/borne games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

With the total lack of multiplayer (co-op) I am incredibly apprehensive in buying the game, which is a pity. I thoroughly enjoyed Dark Souls and Bloodborne because of it, as well as Nioh.

I tried The Surge, which is very similar to the Souls series, lacked a multiplayer... and that made me quickly grow bored of it...

Why FromSoftware opted out of it baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The co-op option in Bloodborne was fantastic. I'm a little apprehensive about this too without that option. In saying that BB is one of my favourite games and I couldn't get DS III

Meh, always found the PvP in soulsborne lacking, more often than not, it was inconsistent lag fighting, getting hit when they are nowhere near you..

The invading was a fun aspect, but again usually a diluted experience with lag, i could take it or leave it.

Co-op, while i can see it being fun doing it with friends. Overall, it just takes away from the sense of achievement. You could cheese every fight with ease, you're not really beating the game that way.

And Sekiro, from what ive seen, PvP would go on forever, being able to move so fast and grapple away, chasing people would grow very tedious, so kinda glad its not there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Glad we aren't getting co-op. This will separate the men from the little girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glad we aren't getting co-op. This will separate the men from the little girls

They seem to throw in some NPC's here and there. But yeah im glad it'll be a good test of your skills.

Advertisement