Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Catalan69

Hey guys, i have interview this week and i just looked at my application form for the first time last night since submitting it, and don't ask me how or why but there is info missing, on my education section. No leaving cert down or nothing, just college on. I also stupidly forgot to explain any gaps in work history, and they're are a few. I was aware of that one, didn't cop it until I submitted it, even though it is blatantly wrotten on the form, but I swear I thought I had Leaving Cert down. Am I goosed, or should I go anyway. Just wondering was there a booklet or something advising us where to start on education, because l wouldn't have let that out, I would have double checked it. Gutted now I am after coming this far. I'm seriously considering pulling out 😢

You'll b fine pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Hi all does anyone know what system is used for the 2018 stage 2 exam - is it cut email, Saville, shl

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Had my interview this morning, interviewers were lovely but genuinely feel like I screwed up. I prepped well but I feel like I did poorly answering about the first two competencies. Gut feeling is I failed, just have to hope they're lenient with marking.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

Had my interview this morning, interviewers were lovely but genuinely feel like I screwed up. I prepped well but I feel like I did poorly answering about the first two competencies. Gut feeling is I failed, just have to hope they're lenient with marking.
    What questions did they ask you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

They're advertising for a panel. Does anyone know how the payscale works?

I'm currently working in a marketing role on 35k+ but was going to throw my hat in the ring is this was starts a bit higher if you have a degree/masters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭336699

sportzstar wrote: »

I'm currently working in a marketing role on 35k+ but was going to throw my hat in the ring is this was starts a bit higher if you have a degree/masters.

This thread is for the Civil Service Clerical Officer competition, the closing date of which has since passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

sportzstar wrote: »

Starting pay is €23,338 for clerical roles regardless of qualifications.
    This campaign closing date was in June so if you haven't applied you cannot do so now though they are constantly running campaigns for different roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clare3

Feel the same 😪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Haven't checked this thread in about three weeks and now my brain is on fire.

Best of luck to everyone going for tests, interviews and those lucky to have been offered positions.

Expect to hear something in the new year as in the early 30s for limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Anyone offered a place in cork yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Anyone offered a place in cork yet?

I'm late teens for cork and haven't heard a dicky bird...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

I'm late teens for cork and haven't heard a dicky bird...

Ugh I’m in for a wait so! You should definitely hear something in the new year!

I’m in batch 2 and doing the supervised tests next week. I was hoping that meant they were placing people in the first batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I thought that and fully expected not to pass but I did. And I jumped from 32 to 12 in my region.
    Try not to fret. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Bailey25 wrote: »
    Did anyone have an interview today and know when we should expect our results??

Results for interviews 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Any word on Meath yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Mskimee wrote: »
    Any word on Meath yet?

I emailed PAS a couple of weeks ago and was told they have called 57 to stage 2. I also asked if anyone had been called to interview yet, but they didn't answer that so I'm assuming not?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ciao Belle

liniloo wrote: »
    I emailed PAS a couple of weeks ago and was told they have called 57 to stage 2. I also asked if anyone had been called to interview yet, but they didn't answer that so I'm assuming not?!!!

I was top 10 for Meath and interviewed in early October. Passed interview and heard nothing since..

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    I was top 10 for Meath and interviewed in early October. Passed interview and heard nothing since..

Congrats. Hopefully, you won't be waiting too much longer to be placed. Good to know things may be moving - although, Meath seems to be a very slow moving county :(

Anyone find interview tough. I was repeating myself a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Any movement on Kerry? I saw that first person has been placed-anything since then?

• Advertisement

Do you have to pass all the competencies to pass the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Paddy93 wrote: »

Yes. I failed the interview back in 2016 despite thinking I did ok. I asked for a breakdown of where I went wrong and it was the competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

To pass you need to score at least 20 out of the 50 marks allowed per competency. This isn’t s pass/fail interview It’s competitive so your scores are compared to others in your batch and your order of merit will rise or fall accordingly 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nice1guy

Anyone find interview tough. I was repeating myself a lot.

What questions did they ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

I felt it went ok , easier than I thought, and now I'm kinda worried as it a bit too easy, and did I fail

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

High teens in Batch 1 Limerick.. I emailed PAS yesterday to be told application has been sent to recruitment unit of my placement and should hear very shortly. Guessing its Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

tones67 wrote: »
    High teens in Batch 1 Limerick.. I emailed PAS yesterday to be told application has been sent to recruitment unit of my placement and should hear very shortly. Guessing its Revenue

That's fantastic. I'd love revenue myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

tones67 wrote: »

Hi. Well done on your placement. A great start to the new year for you.
    Can you tell me what email address you used to contact PAS please? I want to email them myself. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I emailed the clearance email a week ago and got no reply so I rang them today instead. They were lovely on the phone. Found out exactly where I stand and I'm happy out now.

There was some slight misinformation spread about one of my chosen counties on thread here and I got that cleared up in a quick phone call so very happy now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Hi all

Have anyone a ballmark on when people would be cleared to work in kerry after clearance or how long it will take to be cleared and offered a job in jan

Advertisement