Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Interestingly Mollen was in UCD lat year(he changed after 1st year i think) but could be finished and Byrne in DIT..Byrne an Irish 20s leaves a DIV IA club to join a DIV 2A club..Mollen on the 7s anyway so wouldnt have played much for either Rock or Trinity and would have struggled to get into the Triniity back 3 of Captain Colm Hogan/Jack Kelly and Michael Sylvestre if all available. Both are Rock boys from school.
    Both finished college so had to leave Trinity. Yes leaving a 1A for 2A is strange but both are rock past pupils and as you say Mollen is with 7s so could miss a lot of season

Wesley playing Leinster 20s tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Both transfers look very dubious to me regardless of school affiliation. 
    Wesley game on in Donnybrook?

Stainalert wrote: »
    Both transfers look very dubious to me regardless of school affiliation. 
    Wesley game on in Donnybrook?
    Saying dubious is slightly unfair as there is a link some what
    And i believe game is on in Donnybrook

Saying dubious is slightly unfair as there is a link some what
    And i believe game is on in Donnybrook

Young rugby players of that calibre do not move from a 1A to a 2A club unless there are other motivations - money usually being the main one and it tallies with what one of the other posters on this forum has already said about Rock's recruitment policy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Both finished college so had to leave Trinity. Yes leaving a 1A for 2A is strange but both are rock past pupils and as you say Mollen is with 7s so could miss a lot of season

Wesley playing Leinster 20s tonight.

Not correct-Byrne is one year out of school-was never in Trinity but played for them-still in DIT and now playing for Rock.

BTW Trinity is an open club if players want to play there they can..you dont have to study there to play there

• Advertisement

Not correct-Byrne is one year out of school-was never in Trinity but played for them-still in DIT and now playing for Rock.

BTW Trinity is an open club if players want to play there they can..you dont have to study there to play there
    Always seem to get mixed up between the universities as some are closed/open to students only/current students etc etc.

Anyway back on topic Leinster 20s playing Wesley and wesley are streaming it on their facebook page. well into second half now

Stainalert wrote: »
    Young rugby players of that calibre do not move from a 1A to a 2A club unless there are other motivations - money usually being the main one and it tallies with what one of the other posters on this forum has already said about Rock's recruitment policy at the moment.
    Not necessarily. There is many other reasons and being past pupils of the school can be a factor. So at least there's some sort of connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Purist98

Always seem to get mixed up between the universities as some are closed/open to students only/current students etc etc.

Anyway back on topic Leinster 20s playing Wesley and wesley are streaming it on their facebook page. well into second half now

Has it been deleted? Can't find it on facebook

Purist98 wrote: »
    Has it been deleted? Can't find it on facebook
    Yeah deleted sometime last night. I guess at Leinster request(??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

None of Baird, Penny, Milne, O’Sullivan, Hawkshaw, Byrne, and a few others were playing. Liam turner and Darragh Bolger came off the bench that I recall. I’m not sure of their names but the Leinster backrow and no.5 were very physical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

What was the score?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Ally Bren 92

What was the score?

16-14 to Leinster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Ally Bren 92

None of Baird, Penny, Milne, O’Sullivan, Hawkshaw, Byrne, and a few others were playing. Liam turner and Darragh Bolger came off the bench that I recall. I’m not sure of their names but the Leinster backrow and no.5 were very physical.

Backrow were martin moloney,Alan Francis,mark Fleming and no5 was Gerard hill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Leinster u20s squad

Props

Michael Milne
    Thomas clarkson
    Roman salanoa
    Niall mceniff
    Giuseppe Coyne
    Chris Hennessy

Hookers

Richie bergin
    Declan adamson
    John mckee
    Sean moloney

Second rows
    Ryan Baird
    Matthew Healy
    Charlie Ryan

Back rows
    Ronan watters
    Alan francis
    Reubin pim
    Scott Penney
    Ruadhan byron
    Mark fleming
    Gerard hill
    Michael mcgagh
    Martin moloney

Scrum halves
    Cormac Foley
    Louis o Reilly
    James kenney

Out half’s
    David hawkshaw
    James tarrant
    David Moran

Centres
    David ryan
    Eoin Barr
    Liam turner
    Jay Barron

Back 3
    Hugo Conway
    Aaron o Sullivan
    Rory shields
    Patrick oppermann
    Sean galvin
    Rob Russell
    Conor o kelly

No Terenure players there is surprising, some of their backs would have been looking to be involved I'd have thought.

Only 3 second rows and 4 hookers is odd too

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Not meant as an insult and dont know your background but you are out of touch if you don't know the Rock story at 20s level this year and last plenty getting €8k for the season and I mean plenty. How many St. Michaels lads played for Blackrock last season? That is not a typical avenue that is taken by Michaels players take a closer look at which schools the players are coming from and you will get an idea. EX rock SCT lads were offered more but most turned it down to play more competitive rugby. I am not slandering anyone here but Rock are on the verge of out of control again and where they are getting the cash I don't know or care but they are throwing it around recklessly and if history tells us anything it is a flawed plan that does not end well.

I can't think of any Michaels players that played for Rock last year

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Baird to Trinity ive heard

Baird to Trinity confirmed

• Site Banned Posts: 11 OnTick

Leinster 20 side from the other night?

3. Chris Hennessy(St. Michaels)
    4. Matt Healy(St. Michaels)
    5. Gerard Hill(Belvedere)
    6. Martin Moloney(Athy)
    7. Alan Francis(Blackrock/Blackrock)
    8. Mark Fleming(Glenstal)
    9. Louis O'Reilly(Blackrock)
    10. James Tarrant(Blackrock)
    12. Eoin Barr(Gonzaga)
    16. John McKee(Campbell)
    17. Daragh Bolger(Clontarf)
    21. James Kenny(Gonzaga/Lansdowne)
    23. Liam Turner(Blackrock)

Leinster 20s/Development play Coventry Seniors tomorrow in Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

D14Rugby wrote: »
    at under 20? Centre for one plus more do your homework

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RugbyRugby2016

Not meant as an insult and dont know your background but you are out of touch if you don't know the Rock story at 20s level this year and last plenty getting €8k for the season and I mean plenty. How many St. Michaels lads played for Blackrock last season? That is not a typical avenue that is taken by Michaels players take a closer look at which schools the players are coming from and you will get an idea. EX rock SCT lads were offered more but most turned it down to play more competitive rugby. I am not slandering anyone here but Rock are on the verge of out of control again and where they are getting the cash I don't know or care but they are throwing it around recklessly and if history tells us anything it is a flawed plan that does not end well.

I was looking at some of the Blackrock 20’s teamsheets from last year on Twitter. Safe to say they didn’t look like a team of high priced recruits....

I was looking at some of the Blackrock 20’s teamsheets from last year on Twitter. Safe to say they didn’t look like a team of high priced recruits....

Yeah me too.. biggest names are Steve McLaughlin and Peter O'Reilly. Alan Francis too. All ex-Rock.

1 ex-Michaels in Craig Lynch. Most Michaels lads went to UCD/DUFC and a few to Lansdowne.

• Advertisement

OnTick wrote: »
    Yeah me too.. biggest names are Steve McLaughlin and Peter O'Reilly. Alan Francis too. All ex-Rock.

1 ex-Michaels in Craig Lynch. Most Michaels lads went to UCD/DUFC and a few to Lansdowne.

The Rock PR brigade out in force I see where did Michael Corcoran go to school? look abit deeper boys not going to argue what is well known, deflect if you want but I don't really care what Rock do is up to them but they preach one thing thru Slattery and practicise another. How many overseas players at senior level last few years? They are reckless the way they are going on. That is my opinion you will have yours but I am done talking about them

Cmon, Michael Corcoran is hardly a big recruit. If they are splashing the cash on him, well I dunno.. I have no ties to the club so makes no difference to me.

Cmon, Michael Corcoran is hardly a big recruit. If they are splashing the cash on him, well I dunno.. I have no ties to the club so makes no difference to me.
    Fair amount of money being thrown around at senior level too last season - several senior players offered cash to move also.

Actually think I mixed Corcoran up with some other Michaels lad he went up UCD I think? Apologies on that one but you shouldn’t have to look to hard.Also the money was and is being thrown at average recruits not big names as I said before. Big names know it is futile to go there. Not the smartest at who they give cash to. But if you ask a few of the big name Rock lads last year most were offered in excess of €8k one offered€15 that I know of. Silly crazy amounts and not sustainable

at under 20? Centre for one plus more do your homework

I'm looking at a 20's team-sheet for them now and there's only 3 people on the starting 15 that didn't go to the school, one from Andrews, one from Glenstal and Loughmans brother and he definitely didn't go to michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Is there a list of interpro fixtures around anywhere? Would like to see Leinster Schools especially. What time is 20's - Coventry?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Is there a list of interpro fixtures around anywhere? Would like to see Leinster Schools especially. What time is 20's - Coventry?

Kick off at 3

all u18 interpros are in UL starting today.
    then games wednesday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

I was told 2 or 3 Michael's SCT players joined last season with a few joining this year, I'm almost certain somebody mentioned on this that their head coach is from Michael's but could be wrong. Tarf 20s coach who has a connection with Blackrock school claimed several big players like Joe Byrne, Karl Dixon, James Burke, Harry Donnelly, Michael McGagh and James Tarrant are joining Blackrock club.

Don't think it's fair to presume payment, I'm a Clontarf man and we aren't exactly 'clean.' Some clubs do, some don't. It's part of the AIL game and without it, it would be in a much worse state than it is currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Due to CAO Adam Corcoran now Trinity

Along with Turner...clongowes 8 and 6. Blackrock front Row

Advertisement