Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness Pro 14- Tv Viewing Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

awec wrote: »
    I see Premier Sports have outsourced the production of all their games to another company called Sunset and Vine. Same lads who do the Premier League for BT.

And BT's rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Promising move I think.

It will be interesting to see what their team is.

Any hints?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

bilston wrote: »
    Promising move I think.

Any hints?
    Not Jonathan Davies according to Wales Online. Wonder will recently retired Sam Warburton be part of their team?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

bilston wrote: »
    Promising move I think.

Any hints?
    Not Jonathan Davies according to Wales Online. Wonder will recently retired Sam Warburton be part of their team?

Wondered that myself. He was excellent on the BBC during the 6Ns.

I expect there will be a crossover between Eir Sports and Premier.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Do BT sports have sole coverage of European Rugby this year or is it split between them and Sky Sports again? Not sure where to post this question.

• Advertisement

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Do BT sports have sole coverage of European Rugby this year or is it split between them and Sky Sports again? Not sure where to post this question.

BT have the rights but there will be 1 live FTA match per round of pool games on Channel 4 and afaik TV3 will show 1 live match per round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PMC83

They had premier sports on in the pub last night (Dublin), seemed legit, screen had that little pint icon in the corner. Be curious as to how they got that in the republic. I can't get Eir unless half my garden is dug up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

PMC83 wrote: »
    They had premier sports on in the pub last night (Dublin), seemed legit, screen had that little pint icon in the corner. Be curious as to how they got that in the republic. I can't get Eir unless half my garden is dug up!

was their a match on?

if so they often leave the premier sport logo on eir sport 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PMC83

Rugby Union, I did notice that match was on Eir earlier in the day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

PMC83 wrote: »

It was probably Eir Sport 2. That is basically Premier Sports. Almost the same programming line up. And I have seen Premier sports logo in the top corner of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

FTA games in Ireland until Christmas (there are two weeks with no FTA game).

Cardiff v Leinster
    Scarlets v Leinster
    Munster v Ospreys
    Leinster v Dragons
    Cardiff v Munster
    Connacht v Scarlets
    Connacht v Leinster
    Ospreys v Connacht
    Connacht v Dragons
    Leinster v Ospreys
    Dragons v Leinster
    Connacht v Ulster

Leinster x 6, Munster x 2, Connacht x 5, Ulster x 1.

In the UK, Ulster are never on Freesports, but they are on S4C once and BBC Alba twice.

Basically Ulster fans without Premier Sports won't ever get to see Ulster in English before Christmas at least.

Only two FTA Munster games. Sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I only took TG4 as that's the only channel everyone in Ireland can get.

It was on the Pro14 site.

I cant find on the Pro 14 site where BBC Alba is down as a broadcaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Only two FTA Munster games. Sake.

Up to Christmas. There are 4 Munster games on TG4 in Jan/Feb/March

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kooga wrote: »
    I cant find on the Pro 14 site where BBC Alba is down as a broadcaster?
    Ah, there's a bug on the Pro14 site.

When you look at the fixture list there is a Red S logo beside some of them, the alt text for the image is "BBC Alba" but it's the logo for Supersports.

So I guess Ulster are only FTA once before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ah, there's a bug on the Pro14 site.

Has TG4 disappeared from fixture list?

Son paid subscription to Premier Sports so I now get Eir Sports 1, Premier Sports 1HD and Premier Sports 2. Picture quality of PS 2 is not great even for SD but otherwise pleased with product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

eir sports one going to HD within a few weeks.

BBC Wales to show Principality Premiership rugby on Friday nights to fill hole left by losing Pro 14 rights to Premier Sports. Also looks like their Scrum V programme will be retained but concentrate solely on Welsh Premiership and not have any Pro 14 highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tommy Bowe, Luke Fitz, DoC, Mazzie Reilly and Murray Kinsella are the Eir Sport pundits for next season's Pro 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Looking forward to seeing Murray Kinsella on the box
    He was under used by TV3 during the RWC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Clegg wrote: »
    Tommy Bowe, Luke Fitz, DoC, Mazzie Reilly and Murray Kinsella are the Eir Sport pundits for next season's Pro 14.

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1026868549699207172?s=19

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/1026868017244852225?s=19

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Not a huge fan of Fitz, comes across as a cocky sort.

Kinsella on the highlights show could be very good.

Have to see how Tommy handles the anchor role. Will he be airing his views?

What about pundits for premier/freesports as many of these games will be simulcast between the channels?

Not a huge fan of Fitz, comes across as a cocky sort.

Kinsella on the highlights show could be very good.

Have to see how Tommy handles the anchor role. Will he be airing his views?

What about pundits for premier/freesports as many of these games will be simulcast between the channels?
    Or incredibly boring and mundane if he is anything like how he writes.

"Well Tommy, if we spend 5 minutes going through this line break frame by frame, you will see here that this player should have been approximately 3.2 feet to his left, with his arm at a slightly more acute angle. However because this other player was running at him at a velocity of 4 feet per second, it caused him to take a step to the right roughly 1.2 seconds earlier than he should have, and this caused the line break".

I think he'll be forced to dial the detail back because it'll have no mainstream appeal. There is a reason he doesn't have a writing gig with an actual media outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

"Well Tommy, if we spend 5 minutes going through this line break frame by frame, you will see here that this player should have been approximately 3.2 feet to his left, with his arm at a slightly more acute angle. However because this other player was running at him at a velocity of 4 feet per second, it caused him to take a step to the right roughly 1.2 seconds earlier than he should have, and this caused the line break".

I think he'll be forced to dial the detail back because it'll have no mainstream appeal. There is a reason he doesn't have a writing gig with an actual media outlet.

He'll have to reign it in or else people will switch off almost immediately.

His analysis is superb on a detail level, but 99% of punters won't want to listen about every absolute miniscule detail of a mundane play.

He'll have to reign it in or else people will switch off almost immediately.

His analysis is superb on a detail level, but 99% of punters won't want to listen about every absolute miniscule detail of a mundane play.
    I think his analysis is a load of bollocks tbh.

He analyses against absolute perfection, as if players are just robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

When on tv previously he didnt go anything like that for 2015 world cup.
    I think his analysis is a load of bollocks tbh.

He analyses against absolute perfection, as if players are just robots.
    I wouldnt say a load of bollocks which is quite harsh but if his analysis was as good as some make it out to be he'd have a job as a team analyst

His analysis will be fine as he will be on the highlights show, which will suit him.

The days of just yapping in the studio are in decline.
    I do think a balance is needed. I'd like to see something like the Champions League magazine show where players and past players are interviewed, plus quick round up of all scores in games.

Btw does anyone know if eir will be offering a catchup/on demand section. A lot of the other apps like Eurosport and Eleven Sports are offering that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wow Murray has serious heat with Awec - did he once skip you in the queue at an Alcohol Kombucha festival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Wow Murray has serious heat with Awec - did he once skip you in the queue at an Alcohol Kombucha festival?

Worse. He wrote a positive article about Ulster in 2013

Advertisement