Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Seems the leaders in Washington turned down his invite to travel with him as well. He's really toxic at this point.

BTW one of the journalists contacted by the woman re the Mueller smear, said she was unreliable. Will be investigated but might be nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pelvis wrote: »
    Seems neither the Mayor or Governor will be there to greet him.

No it appears not. I mean he's the president so he should be there at some point obviously to support the families of the dead(well try to anyway, as empathy isn't his strong point) but the families are burying their loved ones today and it just feels the wrong time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused: to be clear from what I"m reading via other sources, the woman is claiming she was approached to make a false affidavit? The wording of the above is a little unclear IMO

It's actually that the FBI been asked to investigate the hoaxer rather than Mueller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The protest in Pittsburgh is quite something, just masses of people peacefully walking down the street, holding their protest signs, singing. It's really quite solemn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

I'm a bit confused: to be clear from what I"m reading via other sources, the woman is claiming she was approached to make a false affidavit? The wording of the above is a little unclear IMO
    That is the story as it is. There are also others claiming they have a woman has credible claims on Thursday.

However it seems largely unlikely that they will do much damage after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It's actually that the FBI been asked to investigate the hoaxer rather than Mueller.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-crazy-cabal-trying-to-smear-robert-mueller?ref=home

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1055225783847776256

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1057369072260841472

https://twitter.com/KeyserSozeBro1/status/1057327339237974016

1st article Written by the same dude who exposed those awful grifting Krassenstein brothers but Wohl is much worse. A laughing stock for many by how crap he shills for MAGA, but that looks pretty serious if true.

The three amusing tweets are an example of how tragic and desperate the dude is for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,947 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sorry. Was running out the door, that's why i posted the tweet link for further details

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Rjd2 wrote: »
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-the-crazy-cabal-trying-to-smear-robert-mueller?ref=home

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1055225783847776256

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1057369072260841472

https://twitter.com/KeyserSozeBro1/status/1057327339237974016

1st article Written by the same dude who exposed those awful grifting Krassenstein brothers but Wohl is much worse. A laughing stock for many by how crap he shills for MAGA, but that looks pretty serious if true.

The three amusing tweets are an example of how tragic and desperate the dude is for attention.
    He is infamous for having been banned from workiing in financial services for life. At the age of 19. One of the tweets above refers to him continuing to try to set up hedge funds despite said ban.

This little escapade could see him behind bars. FBI won't be holding back.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    He is infamous for having been banned from workiing in financial services for life. At the age of 19. One of the tweets above refers to him continuing to try to set up hedge funds despite said ban.

This little escapade could see him behind bars. FBI won't be holding back.

Yeah its not good for him. He is one of those MAGA people who shills non stop silliness for Trump e.g bombards his tweets with praise with the Krassensteins on the other side.:pac:

I don't even think the guy has made any money from it whatsoever really especially compared to other MAGA grifters such as Candance Owens etc.

Ah well, we will always have his escapades in those "hipster" cafes.:P

Yeah its not good for him. He is one of those MAGA people who shills non stop silliness for Trump e.g bombards his tweets with praise with the Krassensteins on the other side.:pac:

I don't even think the guy has made any money from it whatsoever really especially compared to other MAGA grifters such as Candance Owens etc.

Ah well, we will always have his escapades in those "hipster" cafes.:P
    Ah, it gets better. Bellingcat did a light investigation into Surefire Intelligence (the Jacob Wohl linked source of the "story") and found that pretty much all of its 'employees' were made up. One of them had Christoph Waltz as their profile pic on LinkedIn. :D

Some work had been done on the pics to prevent reverse image searches from finding them. This guy is a con-artist. And not a very good one either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,103 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ah Trump is just fed up with the MIL and wants her deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

VonZan wrote: »
    What's this about Trump trying to subvert the Constitution with an executive order. How is that possible? He would need two thirds to amend the Constitution which I doubt he could get one third of is own party to back such a motion. Obviously the present can lead a call for a change but to subvert the Constitution with an Executive order.

Let's not forget that the GOP claimed they were illegal when Obama was using them, which I didn't agree with either, in place of Congress which allows the President to essentially make new laws or amend them without Congressional approval yet both parties have used them for decades particularly under the Bush, Obama and Clinton administrations.

I think it would be a dangerous step for Trump to ignore the Constitution and enforce laws contrary to the Constitution which he believes he has a right to do.

House Speaker Ryan said today that The Donald could not eliminate birthright citizenship by executive order. Just one more in a long line of Trumpian brainfarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

This has exploded a bit. From my understanding, Jacob Wohl set up a company, Surefire Intelligence which claimed to do intelligence work. He denied it but the dns info points to him and the voicemail goes to his mother's house.

A woman who's existence can't be verified got in touch with journalists 2 weeks ago to report that an interesting right-wing clown and Seth Rich truther called Jack Buckman offered her 20K to make up claims about Mueller. Another woman who does exist was contacted by Surefire.

Buckman said that there will be a big reveal of this on Thursday.

Hang on, I'm going to stop right here because the more I read about it the dumber and dumber this scheme is and I can't explain it properly.

Basically Wohl is definitely ****ed because the FBI is on this and the evidence of his fúckery is everywhere. It's insane. This little alt-right toady is in some serious trouble now.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, Gateway pundit already ran with this nonsense earlier but even they're distancing themselves from it now.

Ah, it gets better. Bellingcat did a light investigation into Surefire Intelligence (the Jacob Wohl linked source of the "story") and found that pretty much all of its 'employees' were made up. One of them had Christoph Waltz as their profile pic on LinkedIn. :D

Some work had been done on the pics to prevent reverse image searches from finding them. This guy is a con-artist. And not a very good one either.

It's comical. The guy is, to quote former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, a fúcking moron.

It's comical. The guy is, to quote former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, a fúcking moron.
    Yeah. It's breathtaking in its stupidity. The little twerp decided to try and burn Robert Mueller with a made up story with all the moving parts leading back to him. And now the FBI are going to investigate it. Which should take about five minutes. Ten if they take a coffee break.

To be fair on Jacob, while he is a desperate grifter, he is not always talking bollocks.;)

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1057133133861085184

Yeah. It's breathtaking in its stupidity. The little twerp decided to try and burn Robert Mueller with a made up story with all the moving parts leading back to him. And now the FBI are going to investigate it. Which should take about five minutes. Ten if they take a coffee break.

It is. A few minutes into trying to go over what I remembered from earlier in the day and seeing what new info had come out left me scratching my head. Not due to the complexity of the scheme but due to how poorly thought out and badly it was executed and the very poor choice of target.

It's worth looking into Jack Buckman too if you want a laugh. He got shot in the arse by a PI that he hired in the Seth Rich stuff.

These gobshítes need some lessons from Roger Stone.

To be fair on Jacob, while he is a desperate grifter, he is not always talking bollocks.;)

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1057133133861085184

He's not wrong, I guess. It just wasn't the kind of story he was after. Amateur doesn't even begin to describe this.

These gobshítes need some lessons from Roger Stone.

Speaking of, Bannon was interviewed recently by Mueller's team about Stone. His GRU and wikileaks connections seem to be of a lot of interest to the Mueller probe. This is Bannon's third meeting but not in front of a grand jury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Chris Matthews has a live "Town Hall" meeting with Beto O'Rourke at the moment. He is a seriously impressive candidate, it'd be a shame if Ted Cruz wins the race.

• Advertisement

Chris Matthews has a live "Town Hall" meeting with Beto O'Rourke at the moment. He is a seriously impressive candidate, it'd be a shame if Ted Cruz wins the race.
    Cruz is still polling better. There's not much in it, but Cruz is the favourite still.

It's American politics. Cruz is famously dislikeable but he has an R next to his name and voting machines that think he's a democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Cruz will win but Beto has done wonders to raise his own profile.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1057365968635215872

For those who are unaware. I think this story and its further developments and there will be many is more than enough to keep me entertained for the next few weeks no matter how **** everything is outside Jacob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1057365968635215872

For those who are unaware. I think this story and its further developments and there will be many is more than enough to keep me entertained for the next few weeks no matter how **** everything is outside Jacob.

Thats just lazy. I can't even call it incompetence because it implies an effort was made.

He thinks Obama should be impeached. Not should have been, but impeached in the future.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1057257709727244288

Thats just lazy. I can't even call it incompetence because it implies an effort was made.

He thinks Obama should be impeached. Not should have been, but impeached in the future.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1057257709727244288

The account has always been golden for a chuckle as the above "hipster cafe" stories will indicate, but its going to be absolute box office next few days. His Dad who is quite wealthy and should know better is also part of this bollocks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Surefire Intelligence, the international sleuthing firm young Jacob is relying on for the inside scoop, seems to consist primarily of... err... Jacob's mom.

"NBC News also discovered that a number listed on Surefire Intelligence's web site connected to a voicemail message that advised callers to try a second number, which belongs to...Jacob Wohl's mom. "Wohl stopped responding to NBC News," their report concludes, "after being told Surefires's official phone number redirects to his mother's voicemail."

https://www.gq.com/story/the-lasts-tweets-of-jacob-wohl

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

It is nice every so often to see one of them get so amazingly hoist by his own petard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Rhineshark wrote: »
    It is nice every so often to see one of them get so amazingly hoist by his own petard.

I'd hoped to see a link to James O'Keefe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd never heard of that Jacob wohl lad until I saw the tweet on the previous page. The number redirected to his mother ? Haha the big gob****e and now it's been referred to the FBI ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement