Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It may come as a shock to you but Trump doesn't actually do all that much work
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12151986

3 hour work day, starting at 11am. The above is an excerpt from his calendar last week
    On that day, Trump attended an 11.30am meeting with Kelly — the first commitment of the day...

...spent a further 30 minutes on the phone with unnamed CEOs and speaking at a state leadership conference, and in the evening he received a briefing from senior military leaders before dining with them.

The rest of the day was devoted to executive time, with some free time allotted in huge 165-minute blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The Mueller allegations seem to be some weird combination of false stories and traps. The_Donald folks are already rolling with #believesurvivors even though no allegations have actually been made. I think the plan was to have obviously false allegation come out before the midterms so the GOP could point and say "Look at the Dems hypocrisy. They demanded Kavanaugh resign over the same thing." It might also have given Trump cause to fire Mueller that the GOP could rely on. Another possibility is that the Burkman person found someone to make an allegation and then started overtly offering money to others. So when the real allegation came out it would be dismissed and again they could point to hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

The Mueller allegations seem to be some weird combination of false stories and traps. The_Donald folks are already rolling with #believesurvivors even though no allegations have actually been made. I think the plan was to have obviously false allegation come out before the midterms so the GOP could point and say "Look at the Dems hypocrisy. They demanded Kavanaugh resign over the same thing." It might also have given Trump cause to fire Mueller that the GOP could rely on. Another possibility is that the Burkman person found someone to make an allegation and then started overtly offering money to others. So when the real allegation came out it would be dismissed and again they could point to hypocrisy.

Yeah they demanded an FBI investigation into Kavanaugh, Mueller's team literally forwarded this immediately to the FBI.

The #believesurvivors is BS as well, the only person to come forward about the story also stated that they were offered payment to do so. Hardly a legitimate allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The really sad thing about this Wohl saga is that even though his claims are so obviously made up. You can guarantee that a large percentage of Trump supporters will see the claims but never the rebuttals. Or believe the claims, but call the rebuttals fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Christy42

Well yeah. #believesurvivors is obviously a little dumb to say the least when there is not a survivor to actually, ummm, believe.

After months of shouting false flag they might start to see it is not actually that easy to organize one, all the college friends to say someone is lying to the Senate and not leave a trail.

As has been said before. The left wanted a full FBI investigation before and this is what is happening this time. For all the rights claim of the left wanting a conviction without proof.

Wonder if Trump will bring all this failure up at his next rally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I think it's a bit more simple than that. They claim they have a credible witness and they then get the press to pick up a 'story' of someone being paid to make accusations. A story they've planted themselves. They can then point to the whole thing as the MSM trying to discredit their 'witness' by inventing a story about paid witnesses.

And of course they can then claim that their 'witness who's completely credible and believable' has been discouraged from coming forward because of what the press did. So they never have to produce a witness and can allow the story take flight and thus discredit Mueller without proving anything.

And here's the smoking gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I see that trump is lashing out at speaker of the house paul Ryan for having the nerve to disagree on trumps plan to end birthright citizenship. Apparently Ryan knows nothing about the issue, which is rich coming from a man who clearly has never read the constitution he's tasked with defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So I see that trump is lashing out at speaker of the house paul Ryan for having the nerve to disagree on trumps plan to end birthright citizenship. Apparently Ryan knows nothing about the issue, which is rich coming from a man who clearly has never read the constitution he's tasked with defending.

It would appear if that was enacted, Trump's own kids wouldn't be citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump says they are 25 to 30m undocumented in the US!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

everlast75 wrote: »
    It would appear if that was enacted, Trump's own kids wouldn't be citizens

And a **** load of Irish which probably wouldn t bother all the MAGA Irish we have on this site. Who cares about our own when we get the chance to ban a Muslim.

• Advertisement

So in a stunning turn of events President Trump has decided or was told(neither are good btw) that because Obama used an EO on the DACA issue that he can do so in relation to the 14th Amendment of the U.S Constitution(birthright citizenship). The problem with that is that DACA isn't an amendment to the constitution and so can be changed/ fixed by an EO whereas the 14th Amendment is as the name suggests an amendment and needs an act of congress to change.

Water John wrote: »

25 to 30 million ? So how high will that go before next Tuesday do we think ? Bruce Forsyth doesn't need to ask the question of higher or lower.

Wait I'm watching CNN and Trump is saying he'll be sending up to 15,000 troops to the border which is more than are in Afghanistan. I mean surely it's ridiculous to send more troops to the US - Mexico border which is not an active war zone which Afghanistan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Let him do it, televise it every single day.

Show the fine waste of tax payer money for what it is.

The asylum seekers should get there in about 3/4 weeks, or whatever is left of them anyway.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wait I'm watching CNN and Trump is saying he'll be sending up to 15,000 troops to the border which is more than are in Afghanistan. I mean surely it's ridiculous to send more troops to the US - Mexico border which is not an active war zone which Afghanistan is.

What do you expect him to do?

The so called caravan could reach tens of thousands of people before it reaches the border. It doesn't sound ridiculous to me.

As for CNN what's your opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The so called caravan could reach tens of thousands of people before it reaches the border. It doesn't sound ridiculous to me.

As for CNN what's your opinion on this?

ahh, classic anti white racism, the last allowed bastion in the media. Disgusting.

How about stop saying there are ms13 members in there, or that there are middle eastern people (as if there is something wrong with all middle european people) when HE ADMITS ON CAMERA HE HAS NO PROOF, or that soros is funding it, or that he stop saying he is a nationalist.

You know, basic ****ing stuff really.
    the so called caravan could reach tens of thousands of people before it reaches the border. It doesn't sound ridiculous to me.

The caravan may or may not reach the states and if it does, it'll be 2 months away. The mid terms are next week. So why is it urgent?

And if his idea doesn't sound ridiculous to you, perhaps you should join the rest of his paranoid base. Do you reckon they have leprosy and small pox too?

ahh, classic anti white racism, the last allowed bastion in the media. Disgusting.

You can thank each others posts all you like.

You haven't said one word about the ridiculous racist rhetoric that had caused the attempted assassinations of 2 former presidents of the United States, along with Secretary of State, Vice president, and many others, or the "globalist" phraseology combined with Soros conspiracy theories that has led to a massacre of Jews, so why don't you take a seat with your selective outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,012 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Water John wrote: »

Well of course, he has to have the MOST undocumented, always the biggest numbers!

You haven't said one word about the ridiculous racist rhetoric that had caused the attempted assassinations of 2 former presidents of the United States, along with Secretary of State, Vice president, and many others, or the "globalist" phraseology combined with Soros conspiracy theories that has led to a massacre of Jews, so why don't you take a seat with your selective outrage.

So when Donald trump says things it causes bombs to be sent to people, by that logic does the koran being read cause suicide bombers ?

• Advertisement

And you haven't said anything about the ridiculous racist rhetoric in the CNN video I posted either.

So when Donald trump says things it causes bombs to be sent to people, by that logic does the koran being read cause suicide bombers ?

No, the people who use and twist things from the Koran or the Bible if you want to get into even more religious bull**** certainly bear plenty of responsibility for the consequences of their actions and words rather than the source material itself. It's the interpretation, the twisting and the amplification, the incitement that causes a problem in this case. Idiots are often easily stirred up and manipulated.

Such a bull**** attempted skew by the way. The Donald would not be impressed.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

No, the people who use and twist things from the Koran or the Bible if you want to get into even more religious bull**** certainly bear plenty of responsibility for the consequences of their actions and words. It's the interpretation, the twisting and the amplification, the incitement that causes a problem in this case. Idiots are often easily stirred up and manipulated.

Such a bull**** attempted skew by the way. The Donald would not be impressed.

So , the same thing CNN and most of the media are doing to everything Donald trump says ? 2 sides of the same coin boys.

Jesus, do you really want me to spell it out to you.

Reading any text can radicalize someone. See "the catcher in the rye" for example.

However, Trump is the president of the United states. Fox news pumps out his message 24/7.

He was told of the consequences.

He chose to keep doing it.

If you can't see the difference, then I cannot help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

When Trump incites violence then yes it causes bombs to be sent.

If an extremist cleric incites violence then yes it causes suicide bombings

The reading of the Koran has no bearing on either of those statements, and that's just an ignorant & a borderline racist comment. It's a completely unfounded comparison to make

So , the same thing CNN and most of the media are doing to everything Donald trump says ? 2 sides of the same coin boys.

If you want to stick to a hill you would like to die on I'll happily debate whatever it is, just pick something and stop jumping around cause you don't have the capability to stay on point.

Trump's lies are a separate issue, and you know when someone tweets or says stupid things on camera, from their own mouth you would want to be a bit thick to have to rely on someone else to interpret them for you. It's hardly like Trump speaks in such sophisticated language it's tough to understand, you want to talk about them now instead of the last bit of trash you dumped?

And you haven't said anything about the ridiculous racist rhetoric in the CNN video I posted either.

And you haven't said anything remotely logical so far, you know - if we are keeping score?

I saw 20 seconds of a conversation, that's all. I don't know the context. If Lemon had of preceeded that statement with "if you want to target black folks, or muslims, then why aren't we talking about the wave of white men carrying out terrorism on our home soil". That would be a perfectly reasonable point to make.

But you see, it doesn't fit your narrative, that the poor white man is the real victim here.

Its all "mainstream media" this, or "those bloody foreigners" that.

Stop being so paranoid and open your eyes. We have it pretty ****ing good. Nobody's out to steal your way of life, your wife, your jobs or your kids.

For ****'s sake, live and let live.

Are you seriously trying to suggest that there are many layers to Trump? That he is nuanced? That he is sophisticated?

Jesus. He's about as plain, dull and obvious as a man could be.

Laughable. Its all the MSM fault for misinterpreting poor old Trump. Course it is

Stop being so paranoid and open your eyes. We have it pretty ****ing good. Nobody's out to steal your way of life, your wife, your jobs or your kids.

For ****'s sake, live and let live.

That's the thing. We aren't paranoid and have no reason to be, living here in Ireland.

If we were living on the Mexican, American border. I'd bet my house that you'd be paranoid and waiting in anticipation for those 15,000 troops to arrive and be pretty pissed off with CNN saying that you as a white man are the biggest threat to the country that you born and raised in.

• Advertisement

That's the thing. We aren't paranoid and have no reason to be, living here in Ireland.

If we were living on the Mexican, American border. I'd bet my house that you'd be paranoid and waiting in anticipation for those 15,000 troops to arrive and be pretty pissed off with CNN saying that you as a white man are the biggest threat to the country that you born and raised in.

Nope, because i see it for the racist political stunt that it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement