Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Comments

• errlloyd wrote: »
    They probably still are to be fair. Who do Adidas have? All Blacks, Leinster, Munster, Quins?

France have gone to Le Coq Spotif, Stade have gone to UnderArmour I think.

France's new gear is quite nice actually.

g_1820599_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

errlloyd wrote: »
    They probably still are to be fair. Who do Adidas have? All Blacks, Leinster, Munster, Quins?

France have gone to Le Coq Spotif, Stade have gone to UnderArmour I think.

Crusaders, Hurricanes, Chiefs and Blues. Did they do a deal with NZ rugby that included the Super Rugby teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Leinster put up on Insta a pretty ominous video about 8/8/18.

Presumably new jersey unveil

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Kevski

No reference to adidas which is a bit surprising but not sure what else it could be other than the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

Has to be the 8th.

https://www.facebook.com/OLSCRugby/photos/a.10150772303404638.505279.196189359637/10157552367624638/?type=3&theater

• Advertisement

• If they are going all in on the no.8 I wonder will it be Heaslip announcing the jersey as brand ambassador or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

stephen_n wrote: »
    The track tops and fleeces are nice, tee-shirts and training tops are ok, the shorts are vile though.

Picked up a track top and hoodie and have to say its one of the nicest non-jersey stuff I've owned from Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭troyzer

Picked up a track top and hoodie and have to say its one of the nicest non-jersey stuff I've owned from Leinster.

€80 for a hoodie though? Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

troyzer wrote: »
    €80 for a hoodie though? Ouch.

It cost €65 I think. Well it cost nothing as it was a present for me so quids in.

Well worth it though. Its top quality.

• Advertisement

The track top is €80 the other ones are €60 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

stephen_n wrote: »
    Crusaders, Hurricanes, Chiefs and Blues. Did they do a deal with NZ rugby that included the Super Rugby teams?

Yes. All SR teams. All NZ rep sides (age groups, women, 7s) and all the Heartland Championship teams. It's worth millions to the NZRU.

I'm looking forward to seeing Leinster's new black jersey.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Yes. All SR teams. All NZ rep sides (age groups, women, 7s) and all the Heartland Championship teams. It's worth millions to the NZRU.

I'm looking forward to seeing Leinster's new black jersey.

I just hope refs start treating us the same way when we wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

All blacks are almost like a southern Leinster in the new world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scott1974

:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

scott1974 wrote: »

I think Ulster might be relying a little too heavily on their academy this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Peregrine wrote: »
    I think Ulster might be relying a little too heavily on their academy this season.

It's make a pleasant change from them relying on our academy:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

scott1974 wrote: »

now that's a tan, that's a proper tan

• Good article with ROG in the examiner. One particular piece stood out:
    We were 29 points down at home to the Waratahs in one seminal moment and won the game. Ever since, it’s felt like ‘we can sort this’. Fast-forward to last weekend’s semi-final and it’s the Hurricanes again. This time it was 32-7 until we let in a stupid, soft five-pointer in the game’s last play. That apart, we were utterly clinical and ruthless. And that philosophy doesn’t fall from the heavens.

I feel Leinster had an identical moment at home against Exeter this season and it put the team into a similar mental state. There was a relentlessness there for the rest of the season and it bled into the national team also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Imagine if Frawley can string a run of starts and play well. Imagine Carberry is a bust in Munster.
    If Carberry can't lock down the 10 jersey, what does it mean for his international career.

He should win the 10 shirt based on what we've seen from him in the past. But, what if he can't?
    What if R.B and Frawley outperforms him?

This move could go either way imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Imagine if Frawley can string a run of starts and play well. Imagine Carberry is a bust in Munster.
    If Carberry can't lock down the 10 jersey, what does it mean for his international career.

He should win the 10 shirt based on what we've seen from him in the past. But, what if he can't?
    What if R.B and Frawley outperforms him?

This move could go either way imo.

It would mean that Carbery isn't as good a player as we hoped. C'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

It's possible, not saying he isn't as good as we all think he could be, but RB got more time at 10 last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭durthacht

Do any of you have thoughts on how likely are the Leinster Academy year 3 backs to see game time this year? I'm thinking of
    Leinster Rugby Academy – Year Three:
    Hugo Keenan
    Jack Kelly
    Conor O’Brien
    Jimmy O’Brien

Of those, Keenan and Jimmy O'Brien seem to have done well for the 7s but have barely played for the seniors for the seniors. This is due to be their last academy year so I guess it's now or never, but the competition in Leinster's backs is pretty intense.

I'm interested as Keenan and the O'Briens were on the 2016 junior world cup finalist team and I thought then that they would make it at senior level. It's always tough to tell I suppose.

I'm also surprised none of them (or Nash in Munster) have been linked with Ulster, who are short of numbers even with Spreight joining. They have been some of the best performing under age backs in Ireland in recent years and there seems a clearer pathway in Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭DelMcG

OK, let's see if I'm in the minority here. Got my first proper look at all the new (non jersey) Adidas gear in Lifestyle this morning & bar one or two items, it's muck. And overpriced muck at that. The soft shell fleece & the hoodie are fine but that's it.

They really need to pull something special out of the bag with the jerseys on Wednesday...

DelMcG wrote: »
    OK, let's see if I'm in the minority here. Got my first proper look at all the new (non jersey) Adidas gear in Lifestyle this morning & bar one or two items, it's muck. And overpriced muck at that. The soft shell fleece & the hoodie are fine but that's it.

They really need to pull something special out of the bag with the jerseys on Wednesday...

Training tops are nice, got one of each. The track top is lovely but at €80 is too expensive as are the zip up hoodies at €75. Thought the rain jacket is nice too but don’t need one, so not shelling out €70 on it. Shorts are absolute muck and the polos are a bit gank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

DelMcG wrote: »

I'd agree T-shirts in particular are muck some of the other gear looks okay, prices are a joke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

durthacht wrote: »
    Do any of you have thoughts on how likely are the Leinster Academy year 3 backs to see game time this year? I'm thinking of

Of those, Keenan and Jimmy O'Brien seem to have done well for the 7s but have barely played for the seniors for the seniors. This is due to be their last academy year so I guess it's now or never, but the competition in Leinster's backs is pretty intense.

I'm interested as Keenan and the O'Briens were on the 2016 junior world cup finalist team and I thought then that they would make it at senior level. It's always tough to tell I suppose.

I'm also surprised none of them (or Nash in Munster) have been linked with Ulster, who are short of numbers even with Spreight joining. They have been some of the best performing under age backs in Ireland in recent years and there seems a clearer pathway in Ulster.

COB got a couple of games last year, could see him playing again in the pro14 due to numbers at centre.

Keenan and JOB will be flat out on the 7s circuit this year given the year we've had, and they're both consistent parts of that squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

salmocab wrote: »
    I'd agree T-shirts in particular are muck some of the other gear looks okay, prices are a joke though.

One of the t-shirts is ok.

Saw the Munster jerseys up close. Euro jersey is terrible, just random coloured small squares on the jersey. Away jersey is criminal.

Am guessing the dark blue training range will mean the jersey will be similar to the highlanders jersey.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,728 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Am guessing the dark blue training range will mean the jersey will be similar to the highlanders jersey.

:eek:

they'll never go that navy... surely

but now you mention it... the training tops are very "all black" :D:D

• Advertisement

• COB got a couple of games last year, could see him playing again in the pro14 due to numbers at centre.

Keenan and JOB will be flat out on the 7s circuit this year given the year we've had, and they're both consistent parts of that squad.

Yeah I'd most often be in complete agreement, but he's got a bit of class about him and he's clearly caught the eye of not just the Leinster coaches but the national selectors also.

I don't expect him to force his way into anything, but I reckon he'll keep putting in performances and will never fully leave the conversation either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement