Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it worth ??

• 31-07-2018 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could identify this cabinet and what its worth ? I dont have any specifics on the game running on it just yet.

457142.png

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

sweet, an electrocoin deut, when it rains it pours! check out this thread, one was recently purchased by a forum member.

Your one isnt in great condition to be fair, without a game in it maybe 400\500 quid? if the monitor is working.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057894537

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Another one :eek: nice find!

Is that in a countryside pub or something?

Value will depend a lot on the state of the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

And a foosball table, any pinballs making an appearance?

Master of the Universe

I see a foosball in the reflection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

These Duets are like buses...

You can get a replica control panel overlay here to get the cab in better condition:
    https://www.arcadeartshop.com/product/electrocoin-duet-cpo/

I paid €600 for the same cab in excellent condition with no screen issues (no "burn") with a street fighter game plus around another €200 in total for delivery from UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd be interested in that if it's going to end up for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just trying to sort out some logistics. It's a big auld yoke.

A little update lads and ladies. I'll be able to check this over tomorrow evening to see if the hardware is working.

Ideally I'd like to sell it to someone who would restore it etc. Rather than put it on adverts for the world to annoy me is there a thread here for selling this sort of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

D3V!L wrote: »
    A little update lads and ladies. I'll be able to check this over tomorrow evening to see if the hardware is working.

Ideally I'd like to sell it to someone who would restore it etc. Rather than put it on adverts for the world to annoy me is there a thread here for selling this sort of stuff?

stick it in the marketplace here so, only sell to someone with the required amount of posts:)

stick it in the marketplace here so, only sell to someone with the required amount of posts:)

Thanks , will do. I'd like to see it going to a good home. I have a real soft spot for these but we don't have the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Inviere

Thanks , will do. I'd like to see it going to a good home. I have a real soft spot for these but we don't have the room.

Would love to buy it, bit of a grail cab for me. Wrong time for me though. Optimus, it's now or never :D

Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »
    Would love to buy it, bit of a grail cab for me. Wrong time for me though. Optimus, it's now or never :D

Almost back in the arcade game! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Almost back in the arcade game! :D

For that cab it made me consider it :D

Master of the Universe

For that cab it made me consider it :D

I think I still have your CE board somewhere... :D

Haha no room for it now in the house. I plan on moving in a few years though ! Haha

I have a big garage, consider me interested

I have a big garage, consider me interested

Would love to see one lazer steak HQ :cool:

1516612642009.jpg

Ok, here's the good and bad.

The cab is in far better condition than initially thought. Looks like the PSU is gone and there's no keys to open it but these are easily popped.

458593.jpg

458594.jpg

458595.jpg

I've been told it was in storage for the last few decades. Still has 10p in the slot and we've no idea what game is on it !! :)

Master of the Universe

My bet is on a Street Fighter 2 board or a Neo Geo 1 slot.

Ahhh no way to crack her open and see no? :D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    My bet is on a Street Fighter 2 board or a Neo Geo 1 slot.

Ahhh no way to crack her open and see no? :D

Will it say it on the board ?

Master of the Universe

Will it say it on the board ?

There's really a huge varience in what you might see.

CPS1 street fighter boards can have a label on them alright. Neo Geo boards have a cartridge in them with the game on it, they have a label.

However, it might have a Bootleg game (which wouldn't be labelled) or might have another game that's legit but has no label.

If you can get a photo of the game we should be able to identify it. Unless it's something really obscure! :D

You can see another interesting solution to getting it through a standard door was used on this to cut the base and control panel pieces completely off and bolt them back on. Good idea. Makes it easy to transport. Just make sure the cut and re-attached bottom piece with the castors is securely bolted back in as it would easily topple over and crush you if they are not secure.

PSU is a standard Jamma PSU attached to a custom Electrocoin connector metal piece. Just drop in a new PSU.

Monitor is a Hantarex Polo 28 (1st model) so quite old but common enough for replacement parts / repairs.

The game board is accessed from the front bottom section. Open the 2x locks to the left and right of the coin return slot and it folds out to reveal the game board at the bottom.

You can see another interesting solution to getting it through a standard door was used on this to cut the base and control panel pieces completely off and bolt them back on. Good idea.

Does the bench lift off without cutting ? I noticed yours came in two parts on the pallet.

Normally the seat/bench section lifts off but your one was slightly modified so the bench is now bolted in to the main cab.

The cab is too big to fit through a standard door so your one has been modified to cut the control panel piece and the protruding part of the base off then it's all bolted back on. It makes it easy now to bring it through a standard door sideways.

If you look under the bottom of the control panel you can open a hidden section (with a key...) and then put your hand in to pop the levers to the front and sides holding the top of the control panel in place. Then with the top of the control panel off I would guess you can take off your custom bolts to remote the entire control panel section.

Then for the base I would again say you can get under it to take out the custom bolts to remove the entire base section.

Whats the deal with the unigame marquees?
    have seen loads of them over the years.
    defender ripoff or licensed to electrocoin?

Ok, here's the good and bad.

The cab is in far better condition than initially thought. Looks like the PSU is gone and there's no keys to open it but these are easily popped.

Can you take a pic of the board if you can see the PSU is gone? or is the back locked as well as the front?

We should take bets on what is in there.. has to be Street Fighter 2. I remember playing football champ in one before as well years ago, but the control panel has six buttons on it so odds are its SF

Yeah the six button setup suggests a capcom fighter is a good bet. I’m going with a bootleg CE

Yeah the six button setup suggests a capcom fighter is a good bet. I’m going with a bootleg CE

Double wavey fireballs haha, think one in the bowling alley in palmerstown was upgraded to new challengers at one stage.

• Advertisement

PSU is a standard Jamma PSU attached to a custom Electrocoin connector metal piece. Just drop in a new PSU.

What sort of PSU can it be substituted for ?

Advertisement