Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codenames LOL Grand Final Game 3 - Kolijoe v RPG

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

RING

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Correct, Play or pass

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Correct, play or pass

I think ring was also projective :( so 2 left there, i think..

ROSE

Correct, play or pass

• Advertisement

i'll play, DANCE

Dance is Neutral, play passes

458606.png

Remodelling 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

PUMPKIN

• Advertisement

Neutral word, play passes

458626.png

state of play from my pov.

dover, 3/4 so 1 left, thinking between wave and smuggler.
    projective 3, don't really know what i got here. but i am thinking spider, because it has web as projectile.

Warburtons , 3

okay, i have moved position, i now think crash was dover, as per the dover cliffs seperating and crashing into the sea. could be wrong, but will give up both wave and smuggler over it.
    so that leaves spider.
    and my warburtons gamble, helicopter crash, and ... sub??

if i have gone pottie, then this is a good litmus test, CRASH

Red word, Play passes.

Nail 2

FILE

Correct, play or pass

BRUSH

Correct, whoop whoop, the come back is on

• Advertisement

i included a plane in your remodelling tools... :(

I felt that i needed a 3 word, struggled to find a word that included crash file and brush, remodelling and refurbishment were my ideas.

Helicopter was the assassin

I can create a board so send on words and we can get game 4 cracking

I totally ****ed this game up. Sorry. After the disastrous "Projective" clue (I mean, who hasn't heard of the projective plane, and wouldn't associate that with division rings and sub-planes? Oh yeah, EVERYONE!) I posted the wrong clue (Posies - recluing Ring) and after that there was no where to go.

Dover : Cliff, England, France and at that point I thought if you got France you'd see I was looking at the channel so Wave wasn't too much of a stretch.

Projective : don't make me relive it. I said sorry!

Posies : Ring and Rose(y), and maybe you'd think "Chrysanthemums make an excellent posy - and don't they repel Ticks?" but I had to go unlimited to give you a chance to pick up some Projective words, because yeah - that was going to happen with a clue that awesome. That said, the alternative was Claret in the hope you'd get Red and Blood and think - Roses, Ticks and uh... yeah, it was not good.

Warburtons : I gambled that you were aware of Patrick Warburton's magnificent turn as The Tick, but you'd see the S and think "what other Warburtons are there?" - the Bread (Sub rolls), the aviator (who flew Planes, not Helicopters) and... uh... Magic a Wave in there somehow?

Helicopter was the Assassin and screwed up a lot of big word clues that took in Plane or Sub.

It did not help that the other team didn't **** up :D
    Well played chaps!

Dont be so hard on yourself, you're allowed an off day and you guys don't have many. Youre still leading us and in my eyes we are very much the underdogs

regarding One Week boards;
    seems jn-222 has expired, will grab another alt name, first still seems fine but will be blocked by jobs so probably have to be used via mobile.

http://codenames.1xu.info/
    458642.JPG

new alt

http://cn.iboard.tk/

458644.JPG

Banjo wrote: »
    I totally ****ed this game up. Sorry. After the disastrous "Projective" clue (I mean, who hasn't heard of the projective plane, and wouldn't associate that with division rings and sub-planes? Oh yeah, EVERYONE!) I posted the wrong clue (Posies - recluing Ring) and after that there was no where to go.

Dover : Cliff, England, France and at that point I thought if you got France you'd see I was looking at the channel so Wave wasn't too much of a stretch.

Projective : don't make me relive it. I said sorry!

Posies : Ring and Rose(y), and maybe you'd think "Chrysanthemums make an excellent posy - and don't they repel Ticks?" but I had to go unlimited to give you a chance to pick up some Projective words, because yeah - that was going to happen with a clue that awesome. That said, the alternative was Claret in the hope you'd get Red and Blood and think - Roses, Ticks and uh... yeah, it was not good.

Warburtons : I gambled that you were aware of Patrick Warburton's magnificent turn as The Tick, but you'd see the S and think "what other Warburtons are there?" - the Bread (Sub rolls), the aviator (who flew Planes, not Helicopters) and... uh... Magic a Wave in there somehow?

Helicopter was the Assassin and screwed up a lot of big word clues that took in Plane or Sub.

It did not help that the other team didn't **** up :D
    Well played chaps!

re warburtons,:

Matthew Harding died in a helicopter accident in October 1996, while flying back from a Chelsea match at Bolton Wanderers.
    They took off from a warburtons bakery car park. Yeah, probably went too deep on that one..

Who will be cpt for rpg this game? Will send on my word

me.... i can set up board too.

I'm on the road tomorrow (driving, I'm not touring my new download/ep) so won't be able to play much if at all.

Who do I cc on my word?
    Oh missed it, soz Beaker!

• Advertisement

me and bj.

Advertisement