Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

On September 6th, we should all get a link to the psychometric tests to do at home within a certain window of time.

eimaj18 wrote: »
    On September 6th, we should all get a link to the psychometric tests to do at home within a certain window of time.

Just got email:
    I refer to your application for the above named competition. The Stage 1 online assessment will now take place next week, from 10th - 14th September 2018.
    You will be issued familiarisation material in the coming days.

Great! Another week to practice. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Just got an e-mail saying that the test date has changed and now runs from the 10th to the 14th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

would one year in a CO position count for the increments for an EO?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail saying that the test date has changed and now runs from the 10th to the 14th of September.

I got that message too. That was the first message I received about it. Had they sent an email previously with an earlier date. Was there practice material with the first email or will it be included with the message I get next week, do you know?

• Advertisement

redmgar wrote: »
    AFAIK no unfortunately. I'm in the same boat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

No you will enter at the bottom of the scale

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EmBy

TheJet wrote: »
    I got that message too. That was the first message I received about it. Had they sent an email previously with an earlier date. Was there practice material with the first email or will it be included with the message I get next week, do you know?

That was the only message I got too. They should be sending another one out before the weekend with the familiarisation material if it starts from Monday.

I wonder all the parts together in stage 1 this time around, verbal, numerical and assessment questionnaire. The last times its been the assessment questionnaire part 1a first and then the verbal and numerical part 1b shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Just got email:
    I refer to your application for the above named competition. The Stage 1 online assessment will now take place next week, from 10th - 14th September 2018.

Isn't it the personality questionnaire and situational judgement test next week and depending on that result to be followed by tests in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

No, the only way would be if your CO salary was bigger than the starting EO salary which won't be the case after just 1 year

• Advertisement

busy_mom wrote: »
    Isn't it the personality questionnaire and situational judgement test next week and depending on that result to be followed by tests in Dublin?

No I think it’s all 3. All the tests I’ve done have been:

Stage 1
    Unsupervised situational judgement, verbal and numerical

If you pass that, you get called for supervised in PAS (Stage 2) but only do the verbal and numerical - your scores from Situational Judgement carry forward.

Shortlisting of application forms may happen after that.

Then if you’re successful you get called to PAS to do interview and E-tray in batches. (They’re still Interviewing People from the 2016 competition so even if you don’t get called in the first few batches you still have a good chance of getting through.)

I could be wrong but this is the way it has happened in the past.

kopite386 wrote: »
    No, the only way would be if your CO salary was bigger than the starting EO salary which won't be the case after just 1 year

I’m due to get my CO LSI next year - if I got EO, would they take those 2/3 years into consideration, so would I go up the scale more?! They say increment in aggregate (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Yes I believe it does however if you start at a higher scale than EO at Point one you will experience a delay on getting your first increment until someone who started the same time as you gets to a comparable salary. I believe thats how it works but don't quote me on it

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

Just got email:

Same

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Typical that it overlaps with the few days I'm away on holiday.
    Until the next campaign I guess...

Just got email:

Do you have any sample material or know where I might get some?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

cw67irl wrote: »
    Do you have any sample material or know where I might get some?

They will send some familiarization material out to you

Sinus pain wrote: »
    They will send some familiarization material out to you

I remember that from my CO competition alright. Was hoping there might be some sample stuff floating around to re familiarise myself with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

Would you say these will be supervised assessments or do on your own computer at home or at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

linpoo wrote: »
    Would you say these will be supervised assessments or do on your own computer at home or at work?

It's be one of each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

cw67irl wrote: »
    I remember that from my CO competition alright. Was hoping there might be some sample stuff floating around to re familiarise myself with it :)

Try Cute and Shl

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

Should everyone have gotten the e-mail about online assessments or were some people not allowed to progress to the assessments?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

linpoo wrote: »

Just be careful doing the online testing on work computers as some firewalls dont allow the test site to work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Just got a text and email to say that the familiarisation information has been sent to my message board, but when I log in, its not there, anyone else having the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

cdsb46 wrote: »
    Just got a text and email to say that the familiarisation information has been sent to my message board, but when I log in, its not there, anyone else having the same issue

Yeah, same issue. Their system seems to be a bit haywire lately and it's going to be down for maintenance all weekend, so hopefully they sort it out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EmBy

Same here, no message when I log in

Same issue as the above. hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

Its working now

Cool we don’t have to the psycho tests at this point. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

deise_girl wrote: »
    Typical that it overlaps with the few days I'm away on holiday.
    Until the next campaign I guess...

you could always find an internet cafe and do it on your holidays, or bring your laptop away and do it using whatever wifi you have available...

Advertisement