Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

https://paseo0918.assessmentintelligence.co.uk/testpreparation

This link doesn't work for me :( Anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭JennyZ

There is no Numerical testing mentioned in the familiarisation material, does anyone know if this come at a later stage in the assessment process? Don't have booklet to hand. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

From my reading of it, we just have to do the assessment questionnaire next week. The maths and English bits will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hcor

Anyone got a link to the familiarisation material? The website is down until 5pm Sunday, so I can’t access the message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shiversd

Hi all,

So I lost out by one point in the 2016 EO competition on the numerical test (supervised one)but passed the earlier stages of assessment. Anyone know if you can carry over previous results to this campaign? I thought i has read somewhere on the public jobs website that you could do this if applying for the same competition or similar. Their website is down until Sunday for maintenance so cant check it out . Have the first assessment next week for this one. Thanks

• Advertisement

It works for me on my PC just now. Not sure why it wont work for you. sorry i cant be of more help

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

shiversd wrote: »
    Hi all,

So I lost out by one point in the 2016 EO competition on the numerical test (supervised one)but passed the earlier stages of assessment. Anyone know if you can carry over previous results to this campaign? I thought i has read somewhere on the public jobs website that you could do this if applying for the same competition or similar. Their website is down until Sunday for maintenance so cant check it out . Have the first assessment next week for this one. Thanks

2016 competition? Honestly- not a snowballs chance in hell.
    Nice try though.........
    I'd love to carry my last online testing to the current competitions I'm in- but its not going to happen.......

If your score in various sittings of the online testing differs by more than a set amount- there is an automatic assumption that cheating of one form or another has occurred...........

I'm specatacular at the numerical tests online- but struggle with the verbal- I did fairly decent at the last verbal (some guessing was involved)- and would love to carry it for future tests- however, it would be remiss of PAS to allow me to do so............

2016 competition? Honestly- not a snowballs chance in hell.
    Nice try though.........
    I'd love to carry my last online testing to the current competitions I'm in- but its not going to happen.......

If your score in various sittings of the online testing differs by more than a set amount- there is an automatic assumption that cheating of one form or another has occurred...........

I'm specatacular at the numerical tests online- but struggle with the verbal- I did fairly decent at the last verbal (some guessing was involved)- and would love to carry it for future tests- however, it would be remiss of PAS to allow me to do so............

I only sat the test earlier this year though so think its if you sat the test in the last 12 months or not. But I'll still sit the assessments again just curious if this is the case and I cant check with their website down... its bugging me is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubs9

KtodaT wrote: »

This link doesn't work for me :( Anyone else having issues?

I don't have access to my inbox on public jobs but I tried your link. I got into it but it doesn't seem like a full example. There were 3 questions at the start and then one scenario. I would have thought there should be more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭doc22

They might carry over scores for the regional eo, It would be unfair that regionals who didn't select dublin to compete against those who have already seen/done perhaps the exact same tests for EO dublin.

Looks like PAS have copped on to possible cheating on verbal and numeric ,it looks like they will be done dublin like the latest CO. Little point in supervised test if the candidate screenshots text/answers and got help in previous home test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

shiversd wrote: »
    Hi all,

I thought it was a totally new competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubs9

It looks like publicjobs.ie is back working. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

doc22 wrote: »
    They might carry over scores for the regional eo, It would be unfair that regionals who didn't select dublin to compete against those who have already seen/done perhaps the exact same tests for EO dublin.

Looks like PAS have copped on to possible cheating on verbal and numeric ,it looks like they will be done dublin like the latest CO. Little point in supervised test if the candidate screenshots text/answers and got help in previous home test.

Just to clear here, there was no cheating ! I just found that even after all the practicing before the numerical tests, i stuggled with the amount of time allocated. I also stubbornly answered all the questions even though i guessed the remaining few! I kept getting distracted buy the timer instead of answering qs correctly. Lesson learned !

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Has anyone else done the familarisation material? It seems very short to me... There was one question about describing myself and then one job scenario...usually the practice material has verbal and numerical scernarios?!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

Claireyy wrote: »
    Has anyone else done the familarisation material? It seems very short to me... There was one question about describing myself and then one job scenario...usually the practice material has verbal and numerical scernarios?!

With the EO stage one is just situational questions first and then a few weeks later verbal and numeracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Hey has anyone done the assessment? waiting till I get home but quiet nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cmurpie

Did anyone do the Assessment yet ? how was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

cmurpie wrote: »
    Did anyone do the Assessment yet ? how was it ?

Haven't started yet. Still trying on some practice ones, hopefully that'll help a bit in getting a better score. I've never been good with the situational judgement tests, so the more practice the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cmurpie

FenFlynn,

Have you a link for practice tests ?

cmurpie wrote: »
    FenFlynn,

Have you a link for practice tests ?

hi, I paid for one on jobtestprep.co.uk, im not confident to do it without any preparation so I just bought a package to practice on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Hi everyone,

I just completed the online assessments.
    There was three stages,
    The first, was how you'd describe yourself, very accurate indifferent not at all etc.
    The second was what you want from a role, must have, don't mind, must not have.
    And the final was a paragraph with four or five options of responses and you just said which was weak, good or excellent.

Very hard to tell if you did well as it's all just opinion based, don't think there is a right or wrong answer

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I just completed the online assessments.
    There was three stages,
    The first, was how you'd describe yourself, very accurate indifferent not at all etc.
    The second was what you want from a role, must have, don't mind, must not have.
    And the final was a paragraph with four or five options of responses and you just said which was weak, good or excellent.

Very hard to tell if you did well as it's all just opinion based, don't think there is a right or wrong answer

Thanks so much for that.
    Now I know what to practice on. Didn't realise there were three parts, would have been totally unarmed

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Is anybody yet to recieve a link to the testing window?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I completed the assessment yesterday only took me 30 minutes and that was reading over everything carefully so don't get too stressed about it, as above its all opinion based

kopite386 wrote: »
    I completed the assessment yesterday only took me 30 minutes and that was reading over everything carefully so don't get too stressed about it, as above its all opinion based

Hi, would you remember who the provider is?
    Thanks for the tips. I'm certainly less stressed out now, will attempt it tomorrow morning I think

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Just completed it. Wasn't bad, there was one question I went back to a couple of times to change the answer.

Anyone know if the next stage is an attitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

carnie wrote: »
    Just completed it. Wasn't bad, there was one question I went back to a couple of times to change the answer.

Anyone know if the next stage is an attitude test?
    Pretty sure the next stage is a numerical test and a verbal reasoning test

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow girl

Just finished, took my time about 50 mins. very similar to familiarisation stuff. Had it completed in 35 mins then went back over it changed one or two answers. All in all happy enough as others have said its all about your own opinion so don't get stressed. Said at end next info will be out week of 24th if successful or not so good luck everyone.

Just finished mine, I thought it was quite difficult. The third part is unambiguous and I wasn't sure in most cases, hopefully it was adequate to pass. Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭JennyZ

For anyone who selected both Open and Internal/Interdepartmental on the application for the open competition, is it then required to also complete the seperate Internal application process and forms issued internally to be eligible for Internal/Interdepartmental? Thanks

Advertisement