Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭daithi84

Paddy93 wrote: »
    Would this include a Service officer being promoted to a Clerical Officer or Executive Officer ? I was told that I would have to start at point 1 on the scale.

As far as I am aware you would only start at point 1 if point 1 is above your current salary. (If you had service immediately prior to taking new job)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭CMR23

I was ranked 1254 .. does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for them to call the second batch?

The 2016 campaign hasn't closed yet I believe it's April 2019 it expires. Are those called from this first batch up to 635 OOM likely to be placed prior to that?

Sorry all seems a bit confusing to hold two campaigns for same grade.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

pew wrote: »
    This time you had to book your date and time yourself rather than being assigned it.

How come? Or does this only apply to interdepartmental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

CMReilly wrote: »
    I was ranked 1254 .. does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for them to call the second batch?

The 2016 campaign hasn't closed yet I believe it's April 2019 it expires. Are those called from this first batch up to 635 OOM likely to be placed prior to that?

Sorry all seems a bit confusing to hold two campaigns for same grade.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you been ranked 1254 in 2016 campaign? I am 1254 in this one 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

How come? Or does this only apply to interdepartmental?

I'm not sure to be honest with you. I'm in the open competition.

• Advertisement

Milenauno wrote: »
    Have you been ranked 1254 in 2016 campaign? I am 1254 in this one 2018

Twinning I guess ! Yeah 1254 in the 2018 campaign. First time applying for this.. I ranked 900 for AO last year and the boards thread sometimes people have the same ranking as they have exact same scores in all tests. . Apparently 2016 campaign they have taken in thousands to subsequent stages.

Twinning I guess ! Yeah 1254 in the 2018 campaign. First time applying for this.. I ranked 900 for AO last year and the boards thread sometimes people have the same ranking as they have exact same scores in all tests. . Apparently 2016 campaign they have taken in thousands to subsequent stages.

When then good luck to both of us :)

I was 672 in AO last year and have never been called for second stage...

I was in the 40s for the ao last year and it was tough, really tough.

It was an interview, psychometric tests and a presentation in the one day. Really takes it out of you.

I'd take the e tray over it any day

I was in the 40s for the ao last year and it was tough, really tough.

It was an interview, psychometric tests and a presentation in the one day. Really takes it out of you.

I'd take the e tray over it any day

Did you get it?

Yeah same! I applied again this year.. not expecting much as I'd need a fair jump in ranking to be interviewed.. I think they only took up to 300 OOM for 2017 AO campaign

• Advertisement

When is stage 2 due to commence for those who placed above to 635 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Sorry I misread the question

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Skip13

When is stage 2 due to commence for those who placed above to 635 mark?

The honest answer is no-one knows, its different to other campaigns skipping the unsupervised stage of the programme, but if 2016 if any indication each batch will be called every 3 months roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

So if you're not in the 635 you're out, is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cathyban

stinkbomb wrote: »

I’m presuming the will call batches until they reach the quota they need. So I suppose it depends on how the first batch do in stage 2 and subsequent stages. I could be wrong but that’s my reading.

The first batch is up to 635. They will interview , test and clear then place those successful . Then depending on position they will take next batch. . For the 2016 campaign they brought over 2000 eventually to do the 2nd stage

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

I was over 4000 on the 2016 and I got called so you will eventually get called

Did you get it?

No!! I failed it, but just bearly. I'm not annoyed though that was the first time I did anything of that kind all 3 in one day. So I'm quite proud of how I did because I was mentally worn down by the time my interview came around. I only did it less than a year ago so personally I wouldn't go through it again so soon.

I thought that with the booking window closing today we would have received practice materials?

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Sorry I misread the question

Sorry I thinkp I wrote it incorrectly... I meant for those who made the first round scoring well and up to 635 ... you all have supervised numerical.. situation etc tests plus the e tray in 2 weeks time is it ?

• Advertisement

No!! I failed it, but just bearly. I'm not annoyed though that was the first time I did anything of that kind all 3 in one day. So I'm quite proud of how I did because I was mentally worn down by the time my interview came around. I only did it less than a year ago so personally I wouldn't go through it again so soon.

I'm bloody terrified ofthe AO interview ... I placed 900 last year so was never called to next stage. I imagine I'll place the same this year and probably no hope for a stage 2 ..

I'm bloody terrified ofthe AO interview ... I placed 900 last year so was never called to next stage. I imagine I'll place the same this year and probably no hope for a stage 2 ..

I imagine that EO interview is not that bad as AO.
    That should be difrent levels, is that right? I am an CO at the moment and the interview was no problem at all, so base on that logic EO interviews must be half way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zoot1530

Difference in the interviews will be the competencies

Don't be, you'll sail through the interview, if you want you can pm me and I can give you pointers when it up

Did anyone receive any practice material yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LBowe94

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Did anyone receive any practice material yet?

Just received practice material there!

Absolutely bricking it for the e-tray! Applied for this on a whim and scored 650, ranking place 224 but I have no clue of what to expect for the rest of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I just did the verbal reasoning and got 49 out of 59 and finished it in about 20 minutes. They say a pass is 29 questions or above but is this like the last test where the pass rate is reasonable but everyone is scoring really highly?

Also, I reviewed the questions and there's one I just don't agree with their answer (no. 10). Anyone else find that issue?

Trying to avoid starting the maths one!

Whats the next step for those who placed in the 635 bracket? Is it the supervised math, situational and verbal testing? Or another round of tests at home?

They are due for next week, is that right?

I placed 900 so just curious in case the second batch is called around or after Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

Hi, can anyone recommend any good pschyometric testing books? I'm more so worried about the numerical one! So many books from Easons but I would prefer one that would be more so related to an Irish exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

lolo3103 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend any good pschyometric testing books? I'm more so worried about the numerical one! So many books from Easons but I would prefer one that would be more so related to an Irish exam?

Have you looked at the practice material?

I just did the maths one there. The maths itself wasn't challenging (percentages and averages mostly) but I got very stuck for time trying to figure out what they were actually asking for. I only got through 23 out of 36 questions but got 21 of them right. The pass rate is apparently only 8 questions.

There's nothing Irish specific, you basically just need to go over percentages. I think Ordinary Junior cert maths would be enough and I think you can get materials like that free online.

Advertisement