Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Still confused as to someone can confirm this works or doesn't work fully with google home using voice commands?

Doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I ended up using my MasterCard after visa wasn't working

I tried mastercard but no joy, did you get it working?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

BKWDR wrote:
    I tried mastercard but no joy, did you get it working?

Yep worked with MasterCard for me I had to keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm trying to set this up for the parents before I go back to Dublin later this evening, I've received the code from Deezer, logged in, however when I try to redeem the code I get the message: "Sorry we can't find that code. Please try again or contact our Support Team"

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Thanks OP, worked a treat.
    Use a VPN and login from turkey go to Deezer website.

Login using your account as normal

Select the option to buy gift card and select it for one year comes in at 119 Turkish lira which is 20 euro on today's convertion.

Use your card and select email address you want to send code to.

After payment goes through you can exit the VPN and enter the code received to your email onto your account.

Happy days years Deezer for 20 euro ;)

Side note:
    I had to try my card 3 times before it went through.
    But I have activated the code and all is working fine.

• Advertisement

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm trying to set this up for the parents before I go back to Dublin later this evening, I've received the code from Deezer, logged in, however when I try to redeem the code I get the message: "Sorry we can't find that code. Please try again or contact our Support Team"

Anyone any ideas?

Did you logout from VPN

Then I went here:

http://www.deezer.com/gift

Heart broken on this, have tried through app , through site, multiple diconnect and try again and getting the same error.

Oddly in my trying, aside from the gift card purchase, if you log in (via turkey) and just ask for annual premium, it is offering it for 99.90TL which is 16e which is better than the original gift card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Did you logout from VPN

Then I went here:

http://www.deezer.com/gift

I tried it with both. First time I logged out of the VPN got that message in English. Then I thought the VPN must need to be enabled to enter the code as maybe the code is region specific and got the same message, just in Turkish.

The code is 3 letters, underscore, 1 letter, underscore, then a long string of letters and numbers?

@johnnykilo

What you have explained is the ""TRANSACTION ID THAT IS NOT THE GIFT CODE""

Mine was 12 digits in total mix of numbers and letters all uppercase

""The code is 3 letters, underscore, 1 letter, underscore, then a long string of letters and numbers?""

This is the transaction ID

That ID was in the first email from them.

I checked my emails again after receiving this and I indeed had a new email with the code in it.

Ps u will not need to use the VPN again after u pay for the gift card.
    You don't need VPN to activate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

BKWDR wrote: »
    Heart broken on this, have tried through app , through site, multiple diconnect and try again and getting the same error.

Oddly in my trying, aside from the gift card purchase, if you log in (via turkey) and just ask for annual premium, it is offering it for 99.90TL which is 16e which is better than the original gift card?

Heya

I went for this option. It also says its 9.99TL a month (Eur 1.63) after the year. I never got the confirmation email but when I log into my account it tells me that my next payment is due on 06/08/2019 of 9.99TL.

The downside of using this option is that you get the Turkish charts when you log into the app - I don't listen to chart music so this doesn't bother me!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

ams wrote: »
    Heya

I went for this option. It also says its 9.99TL a month (Eur 1.63) after the year. I never got the confirmation email but when I log into my account it tells me that my next payment is due on 06/08/2019 of 9.99TL.

The downside of using this option is that you get the Turkish charts when you log into the app - I don't listen to chart music so this doesn't bother me!

I went for that option too. Cheers OP. Great deal

Heya

Can i ask what payment method you used and how many times it took you? Oh also , what VPN you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

johnnykilo wrote: »

Anyone any ideas?

Did you use capitals? I didn’t originally and got that message but it worked when I used the same case as the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bit OT but for anyone looking to try it out, maybe moving from Spotify etc.. Pringles have "free" 4 month sub with 3 codes (€1.99each in Aldi - maybe cheaper elsewhere I don't know) Need to be first time user / new account

Where are the codes on the can? Couldn't find them. Got three of the deezer can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Thank you OP. Recently finished my spotify Premium account and this is the perfect replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Just did it there without fuss. Many thanks OP. Spotify cancelled and €100 saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

cronos wrote: »
    Where are the codes on the can? Couldn't find them. Got three of the deezer can.

On the base oddly enough (big loophole here!) normally they are inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can i ask what payment method you used and how many times it took you? Oh also , what VPN you use?

Heya - I paid with my mastercard.

I downloaded the app "Express VPN" on my phone and then downloaded the Deezer App following that. I think I just paid in the app rather than through the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

As an FYI I paid using an AIB debit card. No issues whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Heya - I paid with my mastercard.

I downloaded the app "Express VPN" on my phone and then downloaded the Deezer App following that. I think I just paid in the app rather than through the website.

Tried all that....express VPN... Both cards.

Like what could I be doing wrong??
    Same error...

Does it matter that I am on a premium trial at the moment?

BKWDR wrote:
    Does it matter that I am on a premium trial at the moment?

Can I use a gift card if I pay for my Deezer Premium subscription through Google Play or iTunes stores?
    No. If you want to use a gift card on your account, you’ll need to cancel your subscription via iTunes or Google Play and then redeem your gift card.

Can I use a gift card if I pay for my Deezer Premium subscription through Google Play or iTunes stores?
    No. If you want to use a gift card on your account, you’ll need to cancel your subscription via iTunes or Google Play and then redeem your gift card.

As in I never signed up to deezer until last night and I just created an account, I'm sure it's given me a trial period... Think it's 15 days

Anyone know if I set up a revoult account would I be able to use it straight away to purchase?

BKWDR wrote:
    Anyone know if I set up a revoult account would I be able to use it straight away to purchase?

Others have said revolut worked for them so should be ok
    If that doesn't work I'd try setting up a new account and logging in with that to buy gift card

Others have said revolut worked for them so should be ok
    If that doesn't work I'd try setting up a new account and logging in with that to buy gift card

OK I set up another account and bought the gift card, no problems, then just applied the gift card to my account

Thanks all for help, dunno what was going wrong.

And thanks OP for great bargain... Good luck Spotify!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

brilliant cheers for this, gonna cancel spotify premium now

jonnny68 wrote: »
    brilliant cheers for this, gonna cancel spotify premium now

See earlier in thread on Google on how to sync all your Spotify Playlist etc to deezer... Very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those using Revolut, there is the option to set up a separate wallet in Turkish lira. When I signed up (with an old, existing account), it gave me a 30 day trial. Interestingly I needed to put in my payment details and there is an entry for 0 Turkish lira from Deezer under the Turkish lira wallet. Perhaps, although I doubt it, might make it easier to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Thanks OP!

Logged on using Getflix VPN (note, not the DNS service but the included VPN part).
    Working well, used this afternoon on Android phone.

• Advertisement

Are there any other services that people know of similar work-around?

Advertisement