Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

BKWDR wrote:
    Are there any other services that people know of similar work-around?

Netflix is another one and can also be found under bargain alerts here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I'm trying to set this up for the parents before I go back to Dublin later this evening, I've received the code from Deezer, logged in, however when I try to redeem the code I get the message: "Sorry we can't find that code. Please try again or contact our Support Team"

Anyone any ideas?

OK, I've found the actual code this time, apologies, that was my fault. I just presumed it would be in the last email sent.

However, I've tried at least 30 times to go to the www.deezer.com/gift link and enter the actual code and it keeps saying it's not a valid code! To prove I'm not going ****ing mad, I opened the Deezer app on my phone for my own account and went to enter the code and it accepted it! If I try and re-enter it it says it's already been used so at least there's that.

I was on a 99c 3 month trial which ends in a week so I went in and cancelled that while I was there but there's no indication that after accepting the code I've now got Premium. All it says is that my Premium Trial will end on August 13th and then I'll switch to Free.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

johnnykilo wrote: »
    OK, I've found the actual code this time, apologies, that was my fault. I just presumed it would be in the last email sent.

However, I've tried at least 30 times to go to the www.deezer.com/gift link and enter the actual code and it keeps saying it's not a valid code! To prove I'm not going ****ing mad, I opened the Deezer app on my phone for my own account and went to enter the code and it accepted it! If I try and re-enter it it says it's already been used so at least there's that.

I was on a 99c 3 month trial which ends in a week so I went in and cancelled that while I was there but there's no indication that after accepting the code I've now got Premium. All it says is that my Premium Trial will end on August 13th and then I'll switch to Free.

Did you do a copy and paste?
    I dont think it will work if you paste and it adds a space at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Thanks Op - great deal.

Put off doing this until today because of difficulty people were having.

Ended up being very straightforward. Had to do it on my phone as I think I've used every free trial of VPN going on my desktop already in pursuit of Netflix content!

1. On my phone, downloaded ExpressVPN from Play Store
    2. Once installed, started it up and changed location to Turkey (under the 'all' tab in 'Change Location')
    3. Still on my phone, went to Deezer.com and went to the plans page. Everything appeared in Lira.
    4. Selected the plan. Opted to go for yearly sub for 99 TY-Lira instead of gift card or the Hi-Fi option. Half-regretting not going for the Hi-Fi option as still cheap.
    5. Paid with AIB Debit card - went through first time no problems.

Now to integrate with Alexa!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭go4it

never had deezer or spotify before, but for 20 quid i signed up for deezer account.
    used the vpn unlimited ( from keepsolid, bought through a bargain alerts here on boards ) - they have a vpn server on turkish Bursa city .
    Signed up for premium , put my CC , but couldn't buy the annual sub for 99 lira , so went for the 12 months gift credit.

All went fine, applied to account. Tried again ( got greedy, i know ) but didn't work. ( maybe there's a limit on the number of gift cards..)
    In the account looks like the next payment date is sept. 2019 for 9.99 turkish lira ( with the falling exchange rates on turkish lira that's been going for the last year, the renewal could be 1 - 1.5 euro )

@offtopic : Since the app on the phone and pc are more 'complex' that i need , i'll have to look for a way to download the mp3's to some memory stick and play only the one's i want, not the one's that the 'music label producers' want me to

• Advertisement

go4it wrote:
    All went fine, applied to account. Tried again ( got greedy, i know ) but didn't work. ( maybe there's a limit on the number of gift cards..) In the account looks like the next payment date is sept. 2019 for 9.99 turkish lira ( with the falling exchange rates on turkish lira that's been going for the last year, the renewal could be 1 - 1.5 euro )

"""The code is valid within 12 months of purchase. Gifts codes can be combined with each other and with Deezer subscriptions, except if you have subscribed with Apple, or if you have a deal with your mobile operator. If you are already subscribed to Deezer, using a gift code will push back your next payment date. The music catalogue available depends on the country of activation."""

From that it seems like it should be stackable.
    But maybe you can't stack the yearly ones ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

This method was so easy worked first time. 5 Minutes from start to finish. Couldn't get it to work last night on Desktop using nordvpn
    Used Ulster Bank Debit card - accepted first time
    psicic wrote: »
    Thanks Op - great deal.

Ended up being very straightforward. Had to do it on my phone as I think I've used every free trial of VPN going on my desktop already in pursuit of Netflix content!

2. Once installed, started it up and changed location to Turkey (under the 'all' tab in 'Change Location')
    3. Still on my phone, went to Deezer.com and went to the plans page. Everything appeared in Lira.
    4. Selected the plan. Opted to go for yearly sub for 99 TY-Lira instead of gift card or the Hi-Fi option. Half-regretting not going for the Hi-Fi option as still cheap.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Signed into my existing account and paid 99.90TL for a year's Deezer Premium - no need for messing with gift cards.

Paid with Revolut and worked out at €16.27, an absolute bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭TomasMan

Cheers op, just bought it for a year without any hassle.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Thanks, OP!

That's very cheap, and I got it working perfectly with nordVPN.

I had tried the mobile method mentioned above but payment wouldn't go through, so did the desktop nordVPN method and it worked first time. Now with Deezer HiFi option, with 1st month free to see how it goes.

I've downloaded the beta desktop app, seems OK, from first impressions, apart from the stark whiteness compared to what I'm used to with Spotify :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Will do this as I see Deezer works with Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Cheers OP
    Just signed up for the year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Strange, wouldn't accept my revolut card, but my Irish visa debit went straight through.

So now have 2 x spotify family accounts on the go for home (for goggle home) and a Deezer account for work (on the road) as I find Deezer to have a better choice and smoother interface than spotify anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,100 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thanks Op - great deal.

Just tried this and had no problems at all. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭roper1664

If the Deezer Family Plan is selected for 14.99TL/month (€2.38/month or €28.56/annum), do you need to provide details for the 5 family members/friends during sign-up or can you add these people at a later stage?

If you can't, I'll just go with the annual premium plan for 99.90TL (€15.88).

roper1664 wrote:
    If the Deezer Family Plan is selected for 14.99TL/month (€2.38/month or €28.56/annum), do you need to provide details for the 5 family members/friends during sign-up or can you add these people at a later stage?

How does it work?

When you subscribe to Deezer Family, you get a Deezer Premium account and up to five other Deezer Premium profiles to share with your family members. Your account becomes the Master profile, which is used:

By all family members to login

To manage all the payment details

For secondary profile management

You can create up to five Secondary profiles. Each functions like a normal Deezer Premium account with their own favorites, playlists and Deezer Flow.

How does it work?

When you subscribe to Deezer Family, you get a Deezer Premium account and....

Thanks, it looks like I'd have to share login details and password, so just trusted family members so...

roper1664 wrote:
    Thanks, it looks like I'd have to share login details and password, so just trusted family members so...

Ye looks like a similar setup to Netflix where they use your credentials to login and then they would each have their own profile.

Thanks Op - great deal.

Ended up being very straightforward. Had to do it on my phone as I think I've used every free trial of VPN going on my desktop already in pursuit of Netflix content!...

Thanks, followed steps 1-5 and opted for the Family account.

Just to let people know that the "PerfectIncentive" mastercard is accepted for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

Thanks OP and all who gave intruction steps. 15.77euro via Revolut. Awesome deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Signing up for premium plan worked first time...

9.99TIL per month - think that's about €1.50 a month. Great value. Worked with my revolut card as well.

And the Alexa skill worked first time too.

Thanks chaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Why is it so cheap in Turkey? Is this a mistake?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I
    Why is it so cheap in Turkey? Is this a mistake?

It's certainly helped by the fact that the Turkish Lira has been tanking recently.

If I'd waited just 24 hours, I'd have saved another 50c! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can you get a year subscription for the family plan? Or is it for premium only?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

We can only hope that Deezer are aware of the vast number of people from Turkey who spend 364 days a year in Ireland. Has anyone spotted reliable news about google home integration? Casting works fine but it would be nice to have voice control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thanks Op, worked first time.
    I'm sure I'll figure out eventually why I need both Deezer and Spotify and have no time to listen to the umpteen gb's I acquired before either existed.

ElBarco wrote:
    We can only hope that Deezer are aware of the vast number of people from Turkey who spend 364 days a year in Ireland. Has anyone spotted reliable news about google home integration? Casting works fine but it would be nice to have voice control.

Ha I wouldn't worry too much but that's why I went the gift card route !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

ElBarco wrote: »

It seems to work partially with Google assistant. It can open the app and skip songs, but that all I can get it to do (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Only drawback i can see is the random Turkish songs included in some playlists and the top 100 Deezer defaulted too is Turkish.

• Advertisement

Only drawback i can see is the random Turkish songs included in some playlists and the top 100 Deezer defaulted too is Turkish.

Ye if you do the yearly sub you will see this but not with the gift card!

Advertisement