Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deezer one year 16 Euro stackable. See OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I did the gift card!

Could be that it cached as Turkey as I logged in on the VPN accidentally. If I clear the cache it might be OK.

Or else it's because my previous Deezer use was only for the free trial...

EDIT: Just logged in on the PC and I can see on the bottom right on the "My subscription plan" page it has:

Unlimited music with Deezer - Copyright 2006-2018

Your country: TR

And I am now 100% sure it was because I redeemed the gift card on the device before ensuring it no longer recognised me as in Turkey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Only drawback i can see is the random Turkish songs included in some playlists and the top 100 Deezer defaulted too is Turkish.

I can live with both for the price. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Fantastic deal, thanks very much OP

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

You would need a VPN to login and "pretend" you are in Turkey.

You can get a free 3 day trial of Nord VPN here you would only need to use it for those few minutes to get gift card delivered so it will be perfect for you

https://free.nordvpn.com

Don't remember ever using this but getting the below error message:

"You have already used the NordVPN services and are no longer eligible for the free trial."

Any other alternatives out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

sacamano wrote: »
    Don't remember ever using this but getting the below error message:

"You have already used the NordVPN services and are no longer eligible for the free trial."

Any other alternatives out there?

I used ExpressVPN

• Advertisement

Thanks, just went and used that. And saw this post while I was at it:
    I got 13 months of Deezer HIFI today.

My subscription plan
    Deezer HiFi
    You're a Deezer HiFi user, since 06/08/18.

Next payment due
    DATE
    05/09/18
    AMOUNT
    119,88 TL - (€20)

I used Windscribe Pro VPN to go to Turkey -(Bosphorous)
    Went to Deezer and clicked on the offers tab
    Selected the 30 days free trial on the HIFI tab
    Signed up and went to the account in settings where there was the option to sign up for the year or pay monthly.
    It was showing the discounted yearly offer for 119.88TL or monthly 15TL per month which is about €2.50
    I used Revolut card to pay for the year and Deezer will not take the payment until next month which will then start the 12 months subscription.
    So thats 13 months of the HIFI (CD quality) streaming for €20...great bargain.

Went to the account in settings (via the app) and I'm not seeing the option to sign up for the year. The only option it's giving me is to switch to Deezer premium (from Deezer HiFi).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

€15.50 today with revolut. Thanks op

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

With the Turkish Lira in free fall the past few days, I decided to buy a gift card today to extend things another year. €15 and I now have Deezer Premium until August 2020!

Thanks again OP for the bargain of the year so far for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Has anyone tried signing up for 1 year at 99 and then buying a gift card and stacking it?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Has anyone tried signing up for 1 year at 99 and then buying a gift card and stacking it?

That's what I just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did you input the gift card after paying for 1 year and all OK?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Did you input the gift card after paying for 1 year and all OK?

Yep, bought the one year premium for 99.95TL last week. Bought a 12 month gift card today and added it to my account. Have premium now until August 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Yes just heard from Deezer support that gift cards are stackable

""Hey there!

Yes, if you buy gift cards from us you can stack these.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Patrik - DeezerSupport""

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

just activated 12 month gift card..

so this stacking means I could buy another and be sorted for over 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

lawred2 wrote:
    so this stacking means I could buy another and be sorted for over 2 years?

Yep as per their customer support ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Great bargain. From a tenner a month for Spotify down to 15 quid for a full year of Deezer, can't argue with that

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Thanks OP, great find.

Purchased a gift card this morning using Revolut, another 12 months for E16.23 :) Are those codes issued straight away? No sign of any in my email yet :confused: Have checked spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, great find.

Purchased a gift card this morning using Revolut, another 12 months for E16.23 :) Are those codes issued straight away? No sign of any in my email yet :confused: Have checked spam.

I never got the email either but used the code that was served up in the popup after payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Sorted, code was on the invoice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks for this OP. The Spotify app for Android is terrible and integrates really badly with Android Auto. Deezer seems much better and I've gifted myself a two year subscription. (Thanks also to Mr. Erdoğan for tanking the lira).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Is there any other sites in Turkey where we can exploit the current exchange rates. I can't seem to find eBay in the region

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Is there any other sites in Turkey where we can exploit the current exchange rates. I can't seem to find eBay in the region

Well the obvious thing would be to go on holiday there?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Thanks for this OP. The Spotify app for Android is terrible and integrates really badly with Android Auto. Deezer seems much better and I've gifted myself a two year subscription. (Thanks also to Mr. Erdoğan for tanking the lira).

That's interesting - I've found the Deezer app for iOS poor for me!
    I have been using Spotify to connect via bluetooth FM transmitter to play tunes in the car.
    When I replicate this using the Deezer app, there is interference and quality is terrible.
    It's fine with bluetooth headphones, but for some reason there is something happening with the Deezer app and the FM transmitter :confused:

But anyway, thanks OP - even with the issues it's a cracking bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Thks OP.. Used Revolut card, was charged 16.39 euro for the year.. Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

moeblogs wrote: »
    Thks OP.. Used Revolut card, was charged 16.39 euro for the year.. Happy Days

you got a really poor rate. the turkish lira has nosedived in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

you got a really poor rate. the turkish lira has nosedived in the last few days.

Wholesale rate for this (which nobody actually gets) is 16.23 how is 16.39 a "really poor rate" and how do you suggest getting better?

The Turkish Lira rallied significantly in the last 24 hours. Considering how volatile it is at the moment, the rate you get at any moment in time is basically pot luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I can see Deezer putting a stop this sooner rather then later if the Turkish currency continues to tank. Worth stacking while we still can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Wholesale rate for this (which nobody actually gets) is 16.23 how is 16.39 a "really poor rate" and how do you suggest getting better?

Just added a gift card there now €15.63 showing on my bank account on the hi fi option.:cool:

Advertisement