Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone know what time the first sec comp closes?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the first sec comp closes?

3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

I actually meant to get my 1st sec app in today but ended up not having time! Ah well, honestly not sure how I would have felt about all the travel. Although a friend of mine is a 1st sec with three kids and her and her husband seem to do fine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Had a look at the details- and decided as I have young children, and don't mind travel for a day here or there- that it would be too much to try and bring my family abroad for a protracted period of time. It would better suit someone younger than I am- who doesn't have children or other ties to consider. Being away for a couple of days is one thing- being away for 3 year placements- is quite another.
    It would have to be hugely disruptive to family life. Though I did hear of one person who got it recently as an escape route from the dysfunctional Dept Health!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

WAW wrote: »
    Fair play to you! How did you handle the Foreign Policy element?!

I got lucky; my current job actually has some pretty strong foreign policy elements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

I am calling it, results will issue around 4pm tomorrow :p (complete guess btw!)

APcomp wrote: »
    I am calling it, results will issue around 4pm tomorrow :p (complete guess btw!)

100% official folks, you heard it here first!

That would be amazing..... Need to be put out of my misery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Another Friday has arrived with more speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kilometres na gcopaleen

Hope so, feels like waiting for a guillotine to plunge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Won't be this week. Nearly always, if there's a bank holiday weekend coming up, they will release them that Friday before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Every competition I've looked back on has has the first round results out in 1 to 2 weeks. Mostly ten days or less.

This is already taking longer then normal for stage 1.
    I'm wondering if they've started with shortlisting pre-release but who knows. Based on the old panel finishing, the indications are that this panel needs to be in place fairly soon.

Probably means 3 more weeks waiting for stage 1 and interviews next March. PAS can't be seen to be too predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I can’t imagine they will do stage 1 and 2 together as any apppeals would be messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I can’t imagine they will do stage 1 and 2 together as any apppeals would be messy!

That’s a really good point. Hopefully we hear something this afternoon, rather have this weekend ruined than the bank holiday!

No joy with that, it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Won't be this week. Nearly always, if there's a bank holiday weekend coming up, they will release them that Friday before

Nailed it. 3pm on Friday of bank holiday weekend just before I fly out on holiday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nailed it. 3pm on Friday of bank holiday weekend just before I fly out on holiday.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Or itll be hanging over you for the holiday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marbol

Spoke to PAS and they hope to issue results by end of this week.
    Good luck everyone ☘️

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

marbol wrote: »
    Good luck everyone ☘️

Wednesday would be ideal, enough time to be miserable prior to the bank holiday and then hopefully start to come around again for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bringitonn

Any idea how many have applied for this?

marbol wrote: »
    Good luck everyone ☘️

That would be fantastic! Feel like we have been waiting ages and 2016 open panel expires next week

Bringitonn wrote: »
    Any idea how many have applied for this?

Won't know for the current one, but the 2016 competition saw 3,108 applicants for AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Subutai wrote: »
    Won't know for the current one, but the 2016 competition saw 3,108 applicants for AP.

Do you have any idea how many AP positions they might need to fill?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JustJohn91

How long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Would be interesting to know what number the got to on the panel that’s about to expire....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

sillysocks wrote: »
    Would be interesting to know what number the got to on the panel that’s about to expire....

It would. Wasn't it roughly 1000 that were brought forward to the next round at a similar point in the last campaign? 1/3rd seems like a lot to bring forward though...

R777B wrote: »
    It would. Wasn't it roughly 1000 that were brought forward to the next round at a similar point in the last campaign? 1/3rd seems like a lot to bring forward though...

They identify 2,015 as having been "tested/shortlisted", which presumably refers just to the numbers sitting stage 1 as these figures are from the 2016 Annual Report and only that stage was completed in 2016.

Sadly, they don't follow the same format for their 2017 report. However, in 2016 they ran an interdependental HEO which saw a similar 3,000 applications, 2,804 of which were "tested/shortlisted", with 603 interviewed for 320 places on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Subutai wrote: »
    They identify 2,015 as having been "tested/shortlisted", which presumably refers just to the numbers sitting stage 1 as these figures are from the 2016 Annual Report and only that stage was completed in 2016.

Sadly, they don't follow the same format for their 2017 report. However, in 2016 they ran an interdependental HEO which saw a similar 3,000 applications, 2,804 of which were "tested/shortlisted", with 603 interviewed for 320 places on the panel.

It’s how many they then took off the panel that would interesting, they could have a panel of 300 and only call 10 from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

About 200 per year according to the excellent analysis by bobbysands81 near the bottom of this page:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057671941/155

Advertisement