Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    I'm in for the golf Friday aswell lads if that time suits break80?
    I have 3 twin rooms booked for Friday so thats Seve and friend,Break80,Davo19,myself and another friend ?Do I need another 1

I'll be going down on the Friday too Captain, not sure if I'll get there early enough for golf yet
    I’ll book another room so space, do you want to go into a twin room with Space there jarietta? I can book it into the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rosses Point
    I'm happy to share with Jarrieta Captain. If there is not a spare body I'll just take the room for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Rosses Point
    I’ll book another room so space, do you want to go into a twin room with Space there jarietta? I can book it into the hotel?

Hi, thanks but I am staying at a friend's in Strandhill for the weekend, hopefully someone will come too to share the room with Space

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Count me in I can’t wait, played this course last year .. fab.. I’ll get back to you on the room arrangements, I’ll have to have a chat with Macker and see if Friday is an option

How far outside the top 10 am I, I think I only played two rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rosses Point
    ThecHamp26 wrote: »
    Count me in I can’t wait, played this course last year .. fab.. I’ll get back to you on the room arrangements, I’ll have to have a chat with Macker and see if Friday is an option

Hope you aren't going to a wedding the night before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rosses Point
    What time are you guys aiming to play golf at Strandhill ?

Not sure if The Champ will be allowed to feck off a day early to Sligo. :P:P

I just need to see if its a runner as it involves taking another day off work and this is after taking a few days the previous week to feck off to Portugal.

Should have a answer early next week.

Is it possible to get the twin room for myself and The Champ for the two nights.

It would be nice to warm up at Strandhill and not have to face a long drive on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Rosses Point
    Hi guys!

A post punk, sorry for not making it to any outings this year. Would have like to have been able to support your captaincy but the weekends have clashed with some training I'm doing. Haven't actually played a round of golf yet this year! How things change ðŸ˜

I'd love to join you all for the Captain's as a guest if you have room. Always wanted to play Rosse's Point and it's a good excuse to head West 😊

Count me in for Strandhill as well. I'm ok for accommodation though. Be nice to catch up, but I've been out of the loop so don't even know who's in the running this year. The usual suspects, no doubt 😉

Hi Marker, I can arrange the Friday off...plus I have no weddings plan so bring on the golf

Rosses Point
    I'm looking good for Strandhill I reckon too Captain, if there is some block-booking being done?

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    just had a look at the strandhill website
    I see no mention of any opens.
    booking golf is coming in at €75 bucks that day :(

maybe I missed something?

Rosses Point
    Seve OB wrote: »
    just had a look at the strandhill website
    I see no mention of any opens.
    booking golf is coming in at €75 bucks that day :(

maybe I missed something?

Lists it here Seve:

https://www.golfnet.ie/clubs-and-travel-home/clubs-and-courses-search/club-and-course-details?clubId=216

Rosses Point
    Macker1 wrote: »
    What time are you guys aiming to play golf at Strandhill ?

Not sure if The Champ will be allowed to feck off a day early to Sligo. :P:P

I just need to see if its a runner as it involves taking another day off work and this is after taking a few days the previous week to feck off to Portugal.

Should have a answer early next week.

Is it possible to get the twin room for myself and The Champ for the two nights.

It would be nice to warm up at Strandhill and not have to face a long drive on the Saturday.
    I can get 1 for the Friday night but not the Saturday, there are only 3 twin rooms available the Saturday and the rest are double rooms?

Rosses Point
    I can get 1 for the Friday night but not the Saturday, there are only 3 twin rooms available the Saturday and the rest are double rooms?

Put myself and TheChamp down for a twin room on the Saturday night and we will sort out something for the Friday if Strandhill is going to be a runner.

Has anyone booked Strandhill yet. Would be great if we could all get out at near the same slots.

Rosses Point
    How can we organise ourselves to book in Strandhill? I am ok playing around 1pm-2pm, is that ok for everyone?

Rosses Point
    Put myself and TheChamp down for a twin room on the Saturday night and we will sort out something for the Friday if Strandhill is going to be a runner.

Has anyone booked Strandhill yet. Would be great if we could all get out at near the same slots.
    nothing booked as of yet but if someone wants to sort it out ill go along with whatever and that includes break80.
    Also not sure if any of the twin rooms are available for the saturday night just doubles at this stage i think;)

Rosses Point
    Hi guys!

A post punk, sorry for not making it to any outings this year. Would have like to have been able to support your captaincy but the weekends have clashed with some training I'm doing. Haven't actually played a round of golf yet this year! How things change ðŸ˜

I'd love to join you all for the Captain's as a guest if you have room. Always wanted to play Rosse's Point and it's a good excuse to head West ��

Count me in for Strandhill as well. I'm ok for accommodation though. Be nice to catch up, but I've been out of the loop so don't even know who's in the running this year. The usual suspects, no doubt ��
    No problem,there is plenty of slots at the moment and it would be great to see you there on the day..........beware the golfer who hasn't played around in a year:p:p

Rosses Point
    nothing booked as of yet but if someone wants to sort it out ill go along with whatever and that includes break80.
    Also not sure if any of the twin rooms are available for the saturday night just doubles at this stage i think;)

Would it be worth adding a quick poll to this thread for Strandhill to try get some numbers down so we can sort out the number of slots required?

Rosses Point
    Would it be worth adding a quick poll to this thread for Strandhill to try get some numbers down so we can sort out the number of slots required?

That would be awesome

Rosses Point
    Lads,

I just got off the phone to Strandhill GC after explaining that a group of us were planning to travel up on the Friday 21st Sep and would like to play in their open that day. No issues whatsoever and the fee is €30.

We just need to get the numbers together and then book. Looks a smashing course and it would be a nice warmup for the main event the next day.

• Advertisement

Rosses Point
    Lads,

I just got off the phone to Strandhill GC after explaining that a group of us were planning to travel up on the Friday 21st Sep and would like to play in their open that day. No issues whatsoever and the fee is €30.

We just need to get the numbers together and then book. Looks a smashing course and it would be a nice warmup for the main event the next day.

I am definitely up for it, preferably after 1pm, but I can drive out earlier if necessary

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

done!

Rosses Point
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    done!

Cheers Charlie

Rosses Point
    I'll do up a spreadsheet

Lads, who is NameChanged in Teamer?

Rosses Point
    OK, little table done.....a few anomalies
    • Charlie, are you coming up Friday?
    • I notice Benny has accepted for night out Saturday but not the golf...…. we know what your game is lad ;)
    • I possibly could say the same for Davo19 but Benny is the one with form :D
    • 17 Players accepted on Teamer for Rosses + 2 guests, + Benny? + Davo19? So that could be 21. I know Post Punk has slots booked for 20 and has to confirm numbers with the course in next week or so.
    • Jarrieta & Big Easy have indicated they have their own accommodation, I'm presuming that is for both nights.
    • Tiger might be found on a park bench.
    • 9 golfers for Standhill + 2 maybes
    • Brian Rossiter hasn't accepted on Teamer and I've not included him, but maybe I should? - Notice he didn't accept on Teamer last time out..... and he only won the bloody thing :D

let me know if I've missed anything or screwed something up and I can update table

Player Name Strandhill Friday Hotel Rosses Saturday Hotel
    A Post Punk Yes Twin A Yes Twin A
    A Post Guest Yes Twin A Yes Twin A
    Seve OB Yes Twin B Yes Twin B
    Seve Guest Yes Twin B Yes Twin B
    Break80 Yes Twin C Yes Twin C
    Davo19 Yes Twin C Not accepted on Teamer Twin C
    Spacecoyote Yes Double D Yes Double D
    CharlieIRL Yes Double D
    Macker1 Maybe Double E Yes Double E
    TheChamp26 Maybe Double E Yes Double E
    Roadrunner Yes Double F
    BigChap1759 Yes Double F
    benny79 Not accepted on Teamer Double G
    NameChanged Yes Double G
    timgolfer Yes Double H
    newindublin Yes Double H
    jarrieta Yes Own Acc Yes Own Acc
    The Big Easy Yes Own Acc Yes Own Acc
    kiers47 Yes
    Golfgraffix Yes
    Tigerwood1 Yes

Rosses Point
    I should be able to confirm tomorrow what myself and TheChamp are doing. Just depends on getting the Friday off work. Nice to see a good few playing Strandhill as a warmup.

Anybody familiar with a good pub to start out with on both nights.

Rosses Point
    Seve OB wrote: »
    OK, little table done.....a few anomalies
    • Charlie, are you coming up Friday?
    • I notice Benny has accepted for night out Saturday but not the golf...…. we know what your game is lad ;)
    • I possibly could say the same for Davo19 but Benny is the one with form :D
    • 17 Players accepted on Teamer for Rosses + 2 guests, + Benny? + Davo19? So that could be 21. I know Post Punk has slots booked for 20 and has to confirm numbers with the course in next week or so.
    • Jarrieta & Big Easy have indicated they have their own accommodation, I'm presuming that is for both nights.
    • Tiger might be found on a park bench.
    • 9 golfers for Standhill + 2 maybes
    • Brian Rossiter hasn't accepted on Teamer and I've not included him, but maybe I should? - Notice he didn't accept on Teamer last time out..... and he only won the bloody thing :D

let me know if I've missed anything or screwed something up and I can update table

Player Name Strandhill Friday Hotel Rosses Saturday Hotel
    A Post Punk Yes Twin A Yes Twin A
    A Post Guest Yes Twin A Yes Twin A
    Seve OB Yes Twin B Yes Twin B
    Seve Guest Yes Twin B Yes Twin B
    Break80 Yes Twin C Yes Twin C
    Davo19 Yes Twin C Not accepted on Teamer Twin C
    Spacecoyote Yes Double D Yes Double D
    CharlieIRL Yes Double D
    Macker1 Maybe Double E Yes Double E
    TheChamp26 Maybe Double E Yes Double E
    Roadrunner Yes Double F
    BigChap1759 Yes Double F
    benny79 Not accepted on Teamer Double G
    NameChanged Yes Double G
    timgolfer Yes Double H
    newindublin Yes Double H
    jarrieta Yes Own Acc Yes Own Acc
    The Big Easy Yes Own Acc Yes Own Acc
    kiers47 Yes
    Golfgraffix Yes
    Tigerwood1 Yes
    Thanks for doing this Seve I was going round in circles a bit :) davo19 and my guest are not playing Friday but will be staying that night.

Rosses Point
    Brian gets a pm from before every outing to check he’s going ...... ha ha ha(captain duties to get the numbers)

Rosses Point
    Also it’s actually 24 spots I booked over a year ago so we are okay for who’s going so far. The shut off point will be next week as the green fees have to be paid beforehand confirming numbers. ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Lads I’m more than likely good to go on the Friday as well. Can play whatever time suits the group.

Am gonna see if there’s an AirBnB house or something close if anyone is interested?

Advertisement