Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rosses Point
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    Lads I’m more than likely good to go on the Friday as well. Can play whatever time suits the group.

Am gonna see if there’s an AirBnB house or something close if anyone is interested?

im open to that idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Might try join you in airbnb if that's okay. Sharing a double bed with someone off the internet (who goes by the name "bigchap") can't be clever.

unless there's separate bed options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

nothing booked as of yet but if someone wants to sort it out ill go along with whatever and that includes break80.
    Also not sure if any of the twin rooms are available for the saturday night just doubles at this stage i think;)

Hi - I was sure when it was first announced ye's said that you had twin and triple rooms - can you clarify what the situation is please as I asked to share a room but obviously not a bed??

Did someone really book "double" rooms :eek:

Edit - reread it there - meant I was happy to share a twin room, if these are all gone can you take my name off the accomodation list please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

The original post in the main golf society thread had 10 twin rooms booked:

Originally Posted by a post punk viewpost.gif
    We have 10 twin rooms pre booked in the glasshouse in Sligo town for anyone who wants to go with that or book yourself if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rosses Point
    If there is an issue with doublebeds only, I've just made two provisional bookings in Sligo.

One for 2 nights in the Sligo City Hotel for a twin room, bed & breakfast. Its 3 minutes walk from the Glasshouse. I have up until the 13th to Cancel without charge. Price is €326 total for 2 people, so €80 per person per night

The other is a place on Bridge Street, which is for a self catering house with 2 beds in it (one a double bed, the other a fold-out double sofa bed). No breakfast included (as its self-catering). Price is €190 total for 2 people, so around €45-50 per person per night. I have up till the 6th to cancel that booking. Its also 3 minutes walk from the Glasshouse, so close enough to catch up to the group

My preference is to not be stuck sharing a bed with one of you lads after a rake of pints, so if either option suits people, as an alternative, let me know & we can get sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

Rosses Point
    Okay lads I need to know what’s happening for the Friday night now aswell. I didn’t expect anyone to go in together in a double I just booked up what was available close to the city centre. Will I just keep the twin rooms do and cancel the doubles? I will be taking the double myself on the Friday and Saturday night and that leaves 3 twin rooms available both nights. Davo 19 and my guest have 1 of those twins so it’s 2 available after that with break 80 in 1 of those.

Rosses Point
    Okay lads I need to know what’s happening for the Friday night now aswell. I didn’t expect anyone to go in together in a double I just booked up what was available close to the city centre. Will I just keep the twin rooms do and cancel the doubles? I will be taking the double myself on the Friday and Saturday night and that leaves 3 twin rooms available both nights. Davo 19 and my guest have 1 of those twins so it’s 2 available after that with break 80 in 1 of those.

im in for a twin both nights please gaffer... with my guest of course

Rosses Point
    Okay so that leaves 1 bed available in a twin room on both nights lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

Rosses Point
    Hi Lads,

Im down for both nights and golf both days and accommodation plus so is Brian not into sharing a bed with him though :D triple room no hassle if someone wants to share can you let us know what the story is Post?

Sorry for the delay but I was busy sunning myself on my jolly's :D

I accepted on teamer ages ago Seve.. :D

Rosses Point

Post, just to get it straight in my head. You're working on the basis of the twins being shared rooms & the doubles being 1 person per room?

What was the rate for a double room again?

• Advertisement

Rosses Point

Post, just to get it straight in my head. You're working on the basis of the twins being shared rooms & the doubles being 1 person per room?

What was the rate for a double room again?
    Yes space that’s it if ye want.

Rosses Point
    €120 per room whether it’s a twin or a double

Rosses Point
    benny79 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Im down for both nights and golf both days and accommodation plus so is Brian not into sharing a bed with him though :D triple room no hassle if someone wants to share can you let us know what the story is Post?

Sorry for the delay but I was busy sunning myself on my jolly's :D

I accepted on teamer ages ago Seve.. :D
    All the twins I can book are gone so there is only 1 space left in a twin room for 1 person. After that it’s a double on your own at €120 unless you share it with a close friend:) also you accepted the social invite not the actual golf which is the reason we’ll be there?! Ha ha

Rosses Point
    All the twins I can book are gone so there is only 1 space left in a twin room for 1 person. After that it’s a double on your own at €120 unless you share it with a close friend:) also you accepted the social invite not the actual golf which is the reason we’ll be there?! Ha ha

He jumped on the golf earlier on :)
    He might not need a room....... Could end up in Bundoran :D

Rosses Point

120 total or 120 per night Post, presume that's a nightly rate?

Rosses Point
    120 total or 120 per night Post, presume that's a nightly rate?

Per night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rosses Point
    TheChamp and myself will be heading down to play Strandhill on Friday and then staying in the Sligo City Hotel on Friday and Saturday night. Its only around the corner from the Glasshouse so it will be handy to meet up when hitting the town.

What time are people planning to get to Strandhill for Tee-off on Friday. I was thinking around 13:30 - 14:00 which gives people plenty of time to get a round in and then head out for a few scoops after checking in.

Rosses Point
    So I'll just book my own accommodation then yea. Macker how much was that hotel you booked?

Rosses Point

You can just stick me down on a double for both nights captain.

Benny, take a look at my post from earlier today. Have a twin room booked for both nights in the same hotel as Macker, yourself & Brian can take that if you want (or the self catering place down the road, if you prefer that option)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Macker1

Rosses Point
    So I'll just book my own accommodation then yea. Macker how much was that hotel you booked?

€330 for 2 nights bed and breakfast in a twin room so works out around €165 each for the two night. Good location just around the corner from the Glasshouse. :):):):)

You can get cheaper but it won't be in the city centre.

• Advertisement

Rosses Point

Benny, take a look at my post from earlier today. Have a twin room booked for both nights in the same hotel as Macker, yourself & Brian can take that if you want (or the self catering place down the road, if you prefer that option)
    No problem space , you can take the other twin bed on the Friday if you want which will be €60 per night?

Rosses Point

No problem space , you can take the other twin bed on the Friday if you want which will be €60 per night?
    Friday and Saturday night

Rosses Point
    Friday and Saturday night

If there is no-one else taking it then I'll take the other twin alright.

But if there is someone who needs it I'm flexible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

If there’s a single bed going both nights I’ll take it.

Rosses Point
    If there’s a single bed going both nights I’ll take
    Upto ye so lads who’s taking what

Rosses Point
    If there’s a single bed going both nights I’ll take
    Upto ye so lads who’s taking what

Sure stick Charlie's name on it, I'll take a double myself Captain

Rosses Point

Sure stick Charlie's name on it, I'll take a double myself Captain

Hoping to get lucky Space? :D

Rosses Point

I just need a room to myself to work on my dance routines before a night out :cool:

Rosses Point

I just need a room to myself to work on my dance routines before a night out :cool:
    Fixed has some great dance routines I’m sure he’ll give you a lesson sometime!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

Rosses Point
    If it makes it any easier for you.
    I can take a double for both nights for myself. That would free up a twin room for 2.
    Let me know captain.

Advertisement