Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druids Glen and Heath for sale

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We are delighted to announce that The Neville Hotel Group has acquired Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort and the new ownership commenced on July 1st, 2019.
    After a wonderful 25 years under the ownership of the Flinn, Lappin and Hurley families, we look forward to continued success with The Neville Hotel Group, another Irish Independent family owned company.
    Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort is the fourth hotel for the Neville Group, who also own and operate The Royal Marine Hotel in Dun Laoghaire, The Tower Hotel in Waterford City, and The Kilkenny River Court Hotel.
    Commenting on the sale, Director of The Neville Hotel Group, Therese Neville, said “We are delighted to add the 5 Star Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort to our portfolio of hotels. This acquisition marks our fourth hotel and first golf course for the group. We are looking forward to investing in the property in the future to ensure its status as one of Ireland’s most iconic resorts.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭bailey99

played up there last week. The Heath was a super course. I dunno why it's got such a bad review or reputation. The Glen was in great condition. Greens a bit slow compared to what I'm use to, but otherwise, in great knick. Fair play to all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bailey99 wrote: »
    played up there last week. The Heath was a super course. I dunno why it's got such a bad review or reputation. The Glen was in great condition. Greens a bit slow compared to what I'm use to, but otherwise, in great knick. Fair play to all concerned.

just goes to show you how opinions differ
    i have a pal who played there last week also. said the glen was in a jock.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭luke9311

Worked in the hotel for about 10 months towards end of 2018 and up to give or take October/November 2019 mid way through 2019 when as staff we were all told who purchased the hotel a lot of the long term staff and managers and since left as they didn’t want to be apart of them and since I left (got a job closer to home I’m from Dublin) I hear more and more staff and management leave and that it’s only getting worse. Sad to see really I guess as it once had a decent reputation....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭REFLINE1

Any updates from members on current condition of Glen? Also with plans to close the Glen next year for works, will there be likely be a crazy demand for tee times in the Heath for 2022?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭whizbang

Played the Glen on tuesday.. Definitly good news:)

There was a major cost cutting during the build up to sale, and both courses suffered badly. Still no major works on the Glen, but seems to be well managed now.

Fairways are in much better shape than previous, maybe even 7/10.
    Greens a little bit slow as they have been all year, but again a massive improvement over the bad times. again 7/10

There's a pretty big demand for slots in the Heath regardles; loads of new members; I think its close to limit.

Advertisement