Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazfit Bip Smart watch €42

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Nicked off HUKD. Got watch using this link. Seller has voucher for $16 off over $65. I opened a new account and got an extra $4 off voucher. Total including shipping to Ireland was $49.08. Paid with Revolut and cost me €41.96. Not bad for a very decent budget smart watch!

Customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Customs?

Normally the sellers puts a low value on the package so it never gets caught

Hococop wrote:
    Normally the sellers puts a low value on the package so it never gets caught

That's good then...Great watch using it for 5-6 months now...

That's good then...Great watch using it for 5-6 months now...

Might buy one as I know so many who have similar, what's so special about them?

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote:
    Might buy one as I know so many who have similar, what's so special about them?

1) Cracking battery life
    2) Inbuilt GPS
    3) Continuous heart rate monitoring.
    4) Accurate activity tracking

Loads more....notifications with content of texts,call rejection, loads of faces to choose from, sleep monitoring,water-resistant, alarm wake , etc etc ..

Battery kills it for me compared to rest..on 56th day still have 20% left...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

I'm not getting anything near that, 7 days at best.

1) Cracking battery life
    2) Inbuilt GPS
    3) Continuous heart rate monitoring.
    4) Accurate activity tracking

Loads more....notifications with content of texts,call rejection, loads of faces to choose from, sleep monitoring,water-resistant, alarm wake , etc etc ..

Guess I'm buying it then haha, am I better off going parcel motel or will it arrive quick enough by post?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Nicked off HUKD. Got watch using this link. Seller has voucher for $16 off over $65. I opened a new account and got an extra $4 off voucher. Total including shipping to Ireland was $49.08. Paid with Revolut and cost me €41.96. Not bad for a very decent budget smart watch!
    ]

Do you know how long for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Got it off Amazon US yesterday for €68 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I'm not getting anything near that, 7 days at best.

Custom watch faces are a killer. Stick to basic digital ones - avoid analogue watch faces.

Also, no way getting 56 days running GPS and constant HR monitor. 11 days below with neither of those on.

459805.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Custom watch faces are a killer. Stick to basic digital ones - avoid analogue watch faces.

Ah ok, that might explain it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Around 40 of you buy with dollars

Also, no way getting 56 days running GPS and constant HR monitor. 11 days below with neither of those on.

459805.jpg

This is after 26 days...have used it twice a week for full activity tracking i.e. gps + continues heart rate...if i will use it 24*7 it wont last a week ...

So depends on your usage....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I have one of these since December. It's great. Mine lasts about 50 days or so without gps or heart rate monitoring, just the sleep monitoring. I'm using a custom watchface.

If you use the gps it consumes maybe 10-15% an hour which TBH I think is very reasonable.

It's a great device and highly customisable in terms of notifications etc using the nofity and fitness app. Well worth an install for tweaking this watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Thanks OP. Did delivery take long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Bargain, Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I have one of these and love it. Reminds me of my old Pebble with a few improvements (and maybe one or two features lost). Comfortable to wear too.
    Lots of people recommend picking up the Tools & Amazfit app for Android to use with it but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32912797496.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32912797496&productSubject=Original-Gobal-Xiaomi-Huami-Amazfit-Bip-BIT-PACE-Lite-Youth-Verison-Smart-Watch-Mi-Fit-IP68&aff_platform=promotion&cpt=1535561483685&sk=ci3voifV&aff_trace_key=3c41435bb70b4a4f86f418377a4a589c-1535561483685-05081-ci3voifV&terminal_id=a77361d1911742d8af1e64ae2dc07c92

Where did you get the voucher code from?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Got this watch a few months ago. Cost 70 for courier delivery. But I still got hit with customs which brought it up to 90. Still a great device and the battery lasts about 28 days which is amazing. The app is a bit clunky / slow but this is a minor niggle. Go for a monochrome face as that's easier to see day or night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

squawker wrote:
    €65 from here and Euro warehouses so no customs

squawker wrote:
    €65 from here and Euro warehouses so no customs

It's 57 euro from Germany, rather than 65 from Poland...

Does anyone know what the Youth Edition is please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

It's 57 euro from Germany, rather than 65 from Poland...

Postage from Germany is €15

Compared to €3 from Poland

Got tracking number for my order placed yesterday, be interesting to see how long it takes to get delivered, my guess is 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Link
    They are the same. These different names stem from the fact that the Bip is called 米动手表青春版 (Watch Youth Version) in Chinese.
    No difference. Different translations from chinese name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Sono wrote: »
    Got tracking number for my order placed yesterday, be interesting to see how long it takes to get delivered, my guess is 4 weeks.

Still awaiting shipment:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Been trying to convince myself why I need this.

Basically I do a bit of training 3/4 times a week, usually running/cycling or swim if the weathers crap.

I combine the training with generally watching what I'm eating (not calorie counting, but I know oat cakes and cottage cheese is a healthier mid morning snack than a sausage rolls lol)

I'm on the wrong end of my thirties, am desk bound most of the day, so try to counter that as much as possible.

How will this watch improve/promote a healthy lifestyle?

Get me over the line here guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

You'll have €40 less to spend on tempting sausage rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Is there any way to put offline music on this?

• Advertisement

Been trying to convince myself why I need this.

Basically I do a bit of training 3/4 times a week, usually running/cycling or swim if the weathers crap.

I combine the training with generally watching what I'm eating (not calorie counting, but I know oat cakes and cottage cheese is a healthier mid morning snack than a sausage rolls lol)

I'm on the wrong end of my thirties, am desk bound most of the day, so try to counter that as much as possible.

How will this watch improve/promote a healthy lifestyle?

You’re in bargain alerts, the place where buying things you don’t need is acceptable/expected.

Do it....

Advertisement