Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazfit Bip Smart watch €42

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

Just looking there, seems this deal isn't available anymore or am I mistaken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Anyone get theirs delivered yet? Nothing here as of yet, probably another couple of weeks, only down side to ordering from China, such a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

Sono wrote: »
    Anyone get theirs delivered yet? Nothing here as of yet, probably another couple of weeks, only down side to ordering from China, such a long wait.

No sign of mine. Only left China the end of last week

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Lads can extra activities be added to this watch... i do a bit of yoga but i have no way of assessing this...
    Curently using the MI Fit app

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭okedoke

Deal seems to be finished, anyone see any current sellers doing it at this price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Does this have a barometer? If so how often does it take a reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seandalaiocht

Discodog wrote: »
    Does this have a barometer? If so how often does it take a reading?

Don't know but mine is in Mayo, on its way up to Dublin, should be able to tell you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,818 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Don't know but mine is in Mayo, on its way up to Dublin, should be able to tell you soon!

I found out that it does

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Mine is in Dublin apparently. Should be delivered soon so.

Mine is in Dublin apparently. Should be delivered soon so.

How long ago ya order Cypher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

How long ago ya order Cypher?

Ordered on the 4th of this month. It was shipped by seller on the 7th.

Ordered on the 4th of this month. It was shipped by seller on the 7th.

Mine has actually landed in Ireland too, hopefully don’t get hit for any charges upon delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wearypenguin

Mine is showing as 'delivered' as of yesterday but I haven't received anything - does it just mean it has reached the destination country Ireland(which I can see from the tracking it has) or should I have actually received it? first time using aliexpress so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Got mine this morning. Just setting it up atm but already really like it. Very comfortable on the wrist and looks good too very neat

Got mine this morning. Just setting it up atm but already really like it. Very comfortable on the wrist and looks good too very neat

Hit with any charges when it landed?

Sono wrote:
    Hit with any charges when it landed?

Yeah €26 but I ordered off Amazon a day or two before I saw deal on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ouch. €26 on a £65 watch? That's harsh....

Mr E wrote:
    Ouch. €26 on a £65 watch? That's harsh....

Yeah very annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

I wish I had invested in this! :(
    Had a mi band 2 which I loved and lost it last week. Tempted to buy it for the full price now but on the previous link it's coming up as the global one is $93.99 now. The normal one is coming in at ~ €60.

Anyone try there's out and would it be worth the full price?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

I ordered from geekbuying using the Italy warehouse - arrived via DHL within a few days for about Eur60 including shipping and no chance of customs charge. I have it two weeks and very happy with it, it replaces a Fitbit charge 2 for me and is a big improvement. Still 58% battery after the first charge that only went to 91%.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/English-Version-Huami-Amazfit-Smartwatch-Youth-Edition-392901.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Mine arrived today, no customs- nice watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Toast

IBrows89 wrote: »
    Had a mi band 2 which I loved and lost it last week. Tempted to buy it for the full price now but on the previous link it's coming up as the global one is $93.99 now. The normal one is coming in at ~ €60.

I've used it for a few months. It is a glorified fitness tracker rather than a smartwatch but it does that job well. I rarely take it off as it last for ages.

As mentioned get Amazfit tools to do custom setups like filtering some notifications (Spotify notifications like downloading etc) and you can setup things like pause or next track with button presses. Takes a while to setup the way you like so if you don't want to fiddle don't bother with it. The default software does notifications from some apps but is limited and has/had some bugs. Whatever you've tools doing disable in the mi fit app as it'll send both otherwise.

I replaced the default band with this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073GRW511/ as the original would trap moisture. There are cheaper variations of this on Amazon but heard of people having the magnet fail on them. This one has been ok for me (need to tighten it occasionally).

I'd love some more interaction with apps but the battery life is a killer feature (I'm at 49% after 9 days with constant wear, 1 min heart monitor, custom face, and various notifications aimed at it). Was very handy at festivals as I never missed messages from people and could have reminders pop up for bands etc.

Oh yeah the always on display is a must have for a watch as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭cuculainn

IBrows89 wrote: »

What's the difference between the original link and the "normal" one? Other than the price obviously! I picked an English version one up for 50 quid from another seller

Mine landed in Ireland last Wednesday but no sign of it getting delivered to me yet, a tad frustrating, not sure why it’s taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭sealgaire

No sign of at all

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wearypenguin

same, been sitting in Thurles since last wednesday also. have followed up with an post but no update thus far. Frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Mine is showing as 'delivered' as of yesterday but I haven't received anything - does it just mean it has reached the destination country Ireland(which I can see from the tracking it has) or should I have actually received it? first time using aliexpress so I'm not sure.

Mine shows delivered in Cahir, Tipperary. I live in Leitrim. :confused:

Wonder what the hell is the hold up, nearly a week in Ireland and no sign is terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

Does anyone have a lead on a current deal for this?

• Advertisement

Mine has actually landed in Ireland too, hopefully don’t get hit for any charges upon delivery

Full week since landing in Ireland and still nothing, never experienced this before with any package getting delivered, it’s bloody ridiculous

Advertisement