Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016 - The story continues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

Does anyone have any idea how long it should take for HR to get in touch with a start date or is it different in each department?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

has anyone any update on Longford has anyone been taken of the list

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

lucybousy wrote: »
    has anyone any update on Longford has anyone been taken of the list

I rang today, they said 91 ..

jacqs wrote: »
    I rang today, they said 91 ..

oh so has moved from 85 to 91 since the last post I seen

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaiya

lucybousy wrote: »
    oh so has moved from 85 to 91 since the last post I seen

Yes I am 91 got my offer last Thursday:-)

• Advertisement

Kaiya wrote: »
    Yes I am 91 got my offer last Thursday:-)

They way they worded it was 85 placed but 6 more jobs waiting to be filled.. (91)
    The department request staff and it looks like 6 more have been requested..

are all the jobs in Longford for Social Welfare or Irish prisons

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

So....I emailed Public Jobs this morning to ask for an update on my two counties. I included my candidate I.D.
    The email I got back stated the numbers reached in the relevant counties, and reminded me of my position on both panels.

Thing is, they tell me I am no. 102 in Westmeath. The result I was sent in December 2016 placed me at 100. A difference of two at this stage could be crucial.

I rang up and spoke to whoever sent me that email. She checked the system, and reaffirmed that I am 102, but when she checked the message I was sent, agrees that it says 100!

Then she tried to tell me that there could be a few of us placed at 100!

Ah now! Gimme a break! Has anyone else heard of something like this?

Spellmaker wrote: »
    So....I emailed Public Jobs this morning to ask for an update on my two counties. I included my candidate I.D.
    The email I got back stated the numbers reached in the relevant counties, and reminded me of my position on both panels.

Thing is, they tell me I am no. 102 in Westmeath. The result I was sent in December 2016 placed me at 100. A difference of two at this stage could be crucial.

I rang up and spoke to whoever sent me that email. She checked the system, and reaffirmed that I am 102, but when she checked the message I was sent, agrees that it says 100!

OMG that’s terrible...
    I’m 102 for Longford.. everytime I call PAS I get a different answer

OMG that’s terrible...

OMG that’s terrible...

My other county is Longford, jacqs. I am number 92, and this one says no. 91 has been called.

• Advertisement

Got another email now apologising for the confusion. They say there's just one ahead of me.
    Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got another email now apologising for the confusion. They say there's just one ahead of me.
    Phew!

Are these tbe same people who've been correcting the Leaving Cert? :D

Phew!

One ahead of you in Longford?

One ahead of me in Westmeath, but I'm next for Longford.

One ahead of me in Westmeath, but I'm next for Longford.

Oh that’s brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

chillmad wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how long it should take for HR to get in touch with a start date or is it different in each department?

Different for each LA. You gotta wait for PAS to send details to HR in Kildare, then they have to be given to the recruitment section who are busy in there atm with current recruitment. I'm sure you will get a call before too long. Then be given more forms to fill out of course...

Yawns wrote: »
    Different for each LA. You gotta wait for PAS to send details to HR in Kildare, then they have to be given to the recruitment section who are busy in there atm with current recruitment. I'm sure you will get a call before too long. Then be given more forms to fill out of course...

Thanks so much. Really want to get moving now!! Im hoping to start before Halloween...

chillmad wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Really want to get moving now!! Im hoping to start before Halloween...

Hopefully you should be. You'll need to do a medical as well as send back in forms completed along with ID and birth cert etc. Just have all your ducks in a row and be ready to go.

What Departments jn Longford are requesting staff does anyone know. Is it DSP or Irish Prisons

Thanks for that! I'm shooting in the dark! Had a quick drive up today to where I'm going, an hour from the house if I can start early to miss the roadwork traffic. I'd love to hear Monday :)

• Advertisement

:confused::eek::)we had a bit of a blunder(fire) in the house in March! Hope I can find the bleeding birth cert but thanks a million for the heads up, I'll start looking now.
    Hopefully you should be. You'll need to do a medical as well as send back in forms completed along with ID and birth cert etc. Just have all your ducks in a row and be ready to go.

Just be mindful of the damn roadworks is all. Every morning it's slow going from the M7 / M9 merge. I'm coming off the M9 and tend to listen out for the radio updates so I can take Kilcullen if needed. It's longer but usually moving apart from kilcullen lights itself.

Newbridge can be slow moving as well. You'll have flexi time so it won't be all bad. 10AM is the core start time.

The best thing I can tell you is not to leave after 4pm and think the drive straight to the bundle of sticks roundabout will be quick. The traffic is mad there most days. Learn to to go around the longer way. I take the turn and head towards Caragh roundabout, left there and up by power city to the bundle of sticks where you usually have a decent flow of traffic and right of way entering the roundabout over those coming from the straight run past the dealer. Longer but usually quicker bar the odd day.

Just be mindful of the damn roadworks is all. Every morning it's slow going from the M7 / M9 merge. I'm coming off the M9 and tend to listen out for the radio updates so I can take Kilcullen if needed. It's longer but usually moving apart from kilcullen lights itself.

Newbridge can be slow moving as well. You'll have flexi time so it won't be all bad. 10AM is the core start time.

The best thing I can tell you is not to leave after 4pm and think the drive straight to the bundle of sticks roundabout will be quick. The traffic is mad there most days. Learn to to go around the longer way. I take the turn and head towards Caragh roundabout, left there and up by power city to the bundle of sticks where you usually have a decent flow of traffic and right of way entering the roundabout over those coming from the straight run past the dealer. Longer but usually quicker bar the odd day.

Thanks a million, I'm learning on the fly.. It's not an area I've been familiar with. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Those of you who had to fill out the additional Garda vetting, did you get a tracking number like the first vetting? I sent the additional form back to PAS on the 10 of September but have heard nothing at all about it... Not even sure if PAS sent it on straight away. Feel a bit in limbo.. I did contact PAS but they just said it was up to the vetting people now, and she didnt know if I’d get a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Gra11 wrote: »
    Those of you who had to fill out the additional Garda vetting, did you get a tracking number like the first vetting? I sent the additional form back to PAS on the 10 of September but have heard nothing at all about it... Not even sure if PAS sent it on straight away. Feel a bit in limbo.. I did contact PAS but they just said it was up to the vetting people now, and she didnt know if I’d get a tracking number.

I didn't anyway.
    Told it was gone for "further vetting" and expect at least 6 weeks.
    Another poster here had the experience of 6 months wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I didn't anyway.
    Told it was gone for "further vetting" and expect at least 6 weeks.
    Another poster here had the experience of 6 months wait!

Thanks for reply. I dont mind the wait, it would be nice to be able to track that something is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Has the starting salary increased as of the start of October?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has the starting salary increased as of the start of October?

By 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Xenji wrote: »
    By 1%.
    Thanks! So it’s 23331 instead of 23100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Does anyone know if we will be notified by PAS when the panel is about to expire or has expired? I did ask them, in an email with other questions and they answered all my questions except this one!

Advertisement