Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer Campaign 2016 - The story continues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Thanks! So it’s 23331 instead of 23100.

It is 23353.00

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi everyone,

Anyone called from Batch 4 for Kerry yet? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Fiona Marie

Murph29 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Anyone called from Batch 4 for Kerry yet? Thanks

I’m batch three number four she haven’t been placed yet however they did say I should get a call in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Did they say there will any chance of getting called in batch 4 for kerry

podsull1 wrote: »
    Did they say there will any chance of getting called in batch 4 for kerry

I didn’t ask but give them a bell!*(01) 858 7730‬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Icbaby

For anyone waiting... the panel closes start of November. There's 6 on front of me and hasn't moved in 2 weeks so think that's it for Limerick.
    This has been the most nerve wrecking process. Think I'm accepting defeat now. Best of luck to all, hope they call ye before it closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

It's €23,338, if that's any help! I just got my contract and this is the first point on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Spellmaker

I'm in, by the skin of my teeth! I was offered both of my counties today, so I get to choose. Both are around the same distance from me.

Which would be nicer - Social Protection in Longford, or Garda Civilian in Mullingar? I'm questioning my brains at this stage, and do not want to be out of my depth. Which would be less "challenging" (as they say these days)?

P.S. I was Batch 2, No. 100 in W'meath, and Batch 1, No. 92 in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Spellmaker wrote: »

Which would be nicer - Social Protection in Longford, or Garda Civilian in Mullingar? I'm questioning my brains at this stage, and do not want to be out of my depth. Which would be less "challenging" (as they say these days)

Depends on your temperment!
    Not everyone would be suited to interacting with the public in regards to their social welfare at the hatch ( if indeed thats what you would be doing)

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Which would be nicer - Social Protection in Longford, or Garda Civilian in Mullingar? I'm questioning my brains at this stage, and do not want to be out of my depth. Which would be less "challenging" (as they say these days)

Depends on your temperment!
    Not everyone would be suited to interacting with the public in regards to their social welfare at the hatch ( if indeed thats what you would be doing)

Good point.

• Advertisement

I'm in, by the skin of my teeth! I was offered both of my counties today, so I get to choose. Both are around the same distance from me.

Which would be nicer - Social Protection in Longford, or Garda Civilian in Mullingar? I'm questioning my brains at this stage, and do not want to be out of my depth. Which would be less "challenging" (as they say these days)?

Well done. After the nervous months I'm delighted it paid off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

Icbaby wrote: »

WOW Spellmaker, That’s great news.. I’ve only ever been a temp in social protection and I love it.. I would love garda civilian too.. lucky you, you get to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

Delighted for you! I think I'd take the Garda Civilian one, but I'd check your traffic routes etc. for both first! Best of luck!

Thanks so much, Icbaby. Big relief for sure. I thought I was just fit for the glue factory at this stage.

chillmad wrote: »
    Delighted for you! I think I'd take the Garda Civilian one, but I'd check your traffic routes etc. for both first! Best of luck!

I'll do that. Thanks, Chillmad!

jacqs wrote: »

WOW Spellmaker, That’s great news.. I’ve only ever been a temp in social protection and I love it.. I would love garda civilian too.. lucky you, you get to choose

Thanks, Jacqs. Lucky for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Well done.

If you want to progress don’t go the garda route. That’s what I’ve read in all these forums. I've got the Gardai too (no choice) but I’d have preferred revenue or social protection, apparently there’s great scope for development especially in revenue.

Just a passenger

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    Well done.

If you want to progress don’t go the garda route. That’s what I’ve read in all these forums. I've got the Gardai too (no choice) but I’d have preferred revenue or social protection, apparently there’s great scope for development especially in revenue.

To be honest, I'm not that interested in progression. I just want a comfy chair, a bag of sweets, and work that doesn't fry my brain. Flexi-time would be nice. And hopefully a transfer to somewhere in Athlone after my probation.

You're hardly going to be taking a Garda Civilian position in Mullingar, Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Waiting16

For anyone waiting... the panel closes start of November. There's 6 on front of me and hasn't moved in 2 weeks so think that's it for Limerick.
    This has been the most nerve wrecking process. Think I'm accepting defeat now. Best of luck to all, hope they call ye before it closes.

Hi Icbaby, know the feeling. Last time I checked there were 9 in front of me for Sligo. Its hard to get sooooooooo close without success. Best of luck to everyone who has been placed.

Waiting16 wrote: »
    Hi Icbaby, know the feeling. Last time I checked there were 9 in front of me for Sligo. Its hard to get sooooooooo close without success. Best of luck to everyone who has been placed.

Its weird when your praying to be called for a job nearly half the wage of what your on and disappointednot to get it. I resigned to the fact I'm out and to be honest don't think my nerves could do another campaign. I really just wanted the hours but that's life I suppose. I'm delighted for everyone that got through tho that waiting... there's nothing worse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Tbandrews

Hi guys anyone been place in Mayo recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jacqs

To be honest, I'm not that interested in progression. I just want a comfy chair, a bag of sweets, and work that doesn't fry my brain. Flexi-time would be nice. And hopefully a transfer to somewhere in Athlone after my probation.

Have you made a decision yet spellmaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MJG87

Tbandrews wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone been place in Mayo recently?

rang them today and the Mayo Panel hasn't moved since the first day I spoke to them in August, still 4 or so left in batch 1 to be assigned,I'm not expecting it to move anywhere in the next 2/3 weeks before campaign closes.

Anyone any idea has it moved in kerry

Anyone any idea has it moved in kerry

Got the call today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

No I won't be in Mullingar. I'm Limerick. Still waiting to hear details of the placement, I've got the evetting done.

Just a passenger

May I ask are you in batch 4

Got the call today!!!

Congrats :) May I ask are you in batch 4 , getting worried now may not reach me

Congrats :) May I ask are you in batch 4 , getting worried now may not reach me

I’m in batch 3 number 4! I don’t think there’s many in batch 3. Did you ring them?

• Advertisement

I’m in batch 3 number 4! I don’t think there’s many in batch 3. Did you ring them?

I did but wouldn’t tell me where they have reached to allocate people , I’m in batch 4 :( , I feel I may never be reached before deadline

Advertisement