Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Edinburgh Saturday 7.15pm

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

kenmc wrote: »
    Not disputing the decision, just the rediculous new law.

It’s not ridiculous. It’s there to protect players heads. There’s very good reason for it whether you agree or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

In terms of head safety, I assume you can still do an open hand off to the face/head?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

molloyjh wrote: »
    It’s not ridiculous. It’s there to protect players heads. There’s very good reason for it whether you agree or not.

Or the tackler could protect himself as we always did,by getting their position right in the first place. Anyway, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Disagree, leavy went in high for a man-and-ball wrap, came off worse. New law is a step too far IMO. It's no different than getting your head wrong side of hip and taking a knee to the head, your own fault.

Leavy hadn't gone in at all. He was standing, about to attempt a tackle. The contact was all one way traffic. You're talking out your arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

In terms of head safety, I assume you can still do an open hand off to the face/head?

Yes, as long as it is a push and not a striking action. Referee’s discretion if the force is a strike or a push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

It was always a foul, just upgraded to automatic red card.
    I doubt you’ve ever played rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Buer wrote: »
    Leavy hadn't gone in at all. He was standing, about to attempt a tackle. The contact was all one way traffic. You're talking out your arse.

And if anyone around here knows all about talking out of one's arse, then it's Buer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Nothing ridiculous about it.
    Yes.
    Or the tackler could protect himself as we always did,by getting their position right in the first place. Anyway, I'm out.
    The tackler can protect themselves and this law is still needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Turnipman wrote: »
    And if anyone around here knows all about talking out of one's arse, then it's Buer.

Saucer of milk!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Thought Larmour had a good game. Unpredictable in attack and always looks for weaknesses in the kick chase defense. He’ll get better at finding those gaps as the years go on. Promising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement