boards.ie Mobile
Page 1 of 372
1 231151101 > Last »
Electric Vehicles & Hybrids>Hyundai Ioniq
cros13 18:12 20-02-2016 (3 Thanks)
So... Hyundai IONIQ details are stating to leak out.

28kWh LG Chem NCM pack (Though I've been told that this is actually a 30kWh pack but Hyundai are being conservative about depth of discharge)

Expected EPA range of ~170km, just a few km shy of the 30kWh Leaf.

Looks well equipped and pricing might be below the Leaf. Had hoped for more range though.

Rapid Charging will be CCS in Europe and CHAdeMO in Asia.
A test unit was spotted charging via CCS at a FastNed station back in November.
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_Lad 18:26 23-02-2016
Yeah I was hoping for more range too but all manufacturers will just follow what Nissan do as usual.

Still good to have more options, same 28 Kwh usable as the Leaf 30 Kwh.

Anyway at least when my lease is up there should be a lot more choice and much longer range.
[Quote] [Thank]
Benny_Cake 18:33 23-02-2016
Good to hear this. I actually thought that Hyundai had thrown their weight behind hydrogen fuel cells so the fact that they are planning a BEV that looks like it isn't just a compliance car is a pleasant surprise.
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_Lad 18:54 23-02-2016
I suppose GM got in with the 60 kwh Bolt a bit earlier.
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_Lad 19:07 28-07-2016
Got this from Hyundai today, I expect anyone who registered their interest will get the same.

Dear Mad_Lad

"We expect to have the hybrid and fully electric version in Ireland from mid October 2016. We will bring the plug in electric version in early 2017."

I expect that to hurt the Leaf, which is an old model now.

It's a shame they didn't have a 40 Kwh I probably would have bought it myself !
[Quote] [Thank]
thisonetaken 19:21 28-07-2016
They are saying it has a range of 174 miles, if we assume real world range is 120 that's more than adequate for the vast majority of people in Ireland
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_Lad 19:31 28-07-2016
We don't yet know whether if it's got 28 usable Kwh or that's the battery capacity.

If you drive the leaf at 120 Kph and get 19 Kwh/100 kms = 5.26 Kwh/100 kms and have an actual 28 Kwh usable that would give you to the car stops about 147 Kms.

Drive at 100 kph and get about 162 Kms. The Ioniq could be a bit more efficient but I doubt that much more.

TBH I would like more. Hyundai said they will offer more when the need arises but the need is now, what they mean is when competition offers more then they will.

40 Kwh would give at about 200 kms at 120 kph give or take depending on terrain, weather etc.

At 100 kph 40 Kwh and about 38 usable = 220 kms, but knock off 20-30 kms because you need to make sure you got enough juice to be near a charge point.

The Next 2 years will be interesting.
[Quote] [Thank]
who_ru 20:16 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Mad_Lad:
We don't yet know whether if it's got 28 usable Kwh or that's the battery capacity.

If you drive the leaf at 120 Kph and get 19 Kwh/100 kms = 5.26 Kwh/100 kms and have an actual 28 Kwh usable that would give you to the car stops about 147 Kms.

Drive at 100 kph and get about 162 Kms. The Ioniq could be a bit more efficient but I doubt that much more.

TBH I would like more. Hyundai said they will offer more when the need arises but the need is now, what they mean is when competition offers more then they will.

40 Kwh would give at about 200 kms at 120 kph give or take depending on terrain, weather etc.

At 100 kph 40 Kwh and about 38 usable = 220 kms, but knock off 20-30 kms because you need to make sure you got enough juice to be near a charge point.

The Next 2 years will be interesting.
Any pricing available on the Ioniq EV?
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_Lad 21:02 04-08-2016
Not yet.
[Quote] [Thank]
Hector Mildew 23:57 04-08-2016
Looks like UK price starts at £24,495 after grant deduction (http://bit.ly/2axucOl).

For comparison, the 30 kwh Leaf Acenta (roughly equivalent spec) is going for £25,230
[Quote] [Thank]
DrPhilG 12:54 25-10-2016 (2 Thanks)
Best have a day off and read the while forum then, lol.

Grants I can't say much about as I imported a second hand EV.

Running costs are individual to each user. Personally I do about 15k miles a year and my fuel costs are down by about €2k. And the car itself cost me very little more than an equivalent year/mileage ICE, (internal combustion engine).

Charging is a sticky topic. The Irish charging network is in an odd place right now. No money left to expand or even maintain properly, but no way to make money other than billing the users which the esb ecars department seem incapable of doing in a fair manner.
[Quote] [Thank]
BoatMad 13:09 25-10-2016 (1 Thanks)
28 kwh , is a big " meh" from me at this stage of the game
[Quote] [Thank]
Water John 13:15 25-10-2016
Reading up on the threads here is as good as any.
This battery issue will move forward quite rapidly, I expect.
I presume it's the take off and acceleration that caught your attention.
[Quote] [Thank]
BoatMad 13:49 25-10-2016
Originally Posted by :
Grants available
for a BEV ( battery electric vehicle )

5K VRT rebate, 5K SEAI purchase rebate, dealers, typically quite retail inclusive if both , dealer and purchaser have to sign some paper work

Originally Posted by :
Charge Points ?
Currently first 2000 purchasers of new BEVs through irish dealers, can avail of a free 16A EVSE ( which is often called a charge point, but isn't a charger ) I believe the Hyundai has a 6Kw charger , so the standard free home unit will cause the car to charge slower, unless upgraded to 32A, which means a private installation of the EVSE as the ESB will not install 32A.

No word on what happens after 2000 units are installed. it must be close now.

Originally Posted by :
Running costs comparison etc
very hard to do accurately until we see what pricing regime is brought into place by the ESB for public charging . essentially BEVs break even at around 22cents per Kwh of electric ( i.e. one Unit) compared to a modern small diesel with 3.5-4l/100km , so its not difficult to have BEV costs that are not cheaper then diesels over all. The running cost argument is very weak in reality and is completely skewed by the fact that public charging is currently free , but that its not expected to last
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_Lad 14:04 25-10-2016 (1 Thanks)
As a sales man, here's a very good selling point, EV for 30,000 kms on night rate electricity will cost 430 Euro's , excluding any free public charging or peak time top ups.

30,000 kms at an average of 5.5 L/100 kms over this entire 30,000 kms will cost around 2,000-2200 Euro's.

Range on the Ioniq in real life should be between 130-200 kms , the Ioniq is supposed to be a bit more efficient than a Leaf.

Fast charge time "estimated" about 30 mins to 80%.

Charge from home at 7 Kw (I think the Ioniq has a 7 Kw ac charger ) ? anyway charge time at 7 Kw would be around 4 hr 30 mins absolutely empty to full, the last few % takes longer doe to balancing the cells. Average would maybe be 3-3.5 less the more it's charged etc etc.

The ESB will install a home charge point of 3.5 Kw so this will take about 8.5-9 hrs, still enough over night and you won't plug in empty. But the customer can have a 32 amp home charge point fitted at their cost.

A customer will know their driving habits and when and if charging for public chargers is introduced this individual will know whether the home charge point will meet most of their driving needs or not, and even if they have to pay for some public chargers and even "if" and I stress "IF" a particular trip would have been the same cost in a diesel, most of their driving will probably still be met with their own home charge point.

As I said above, over 30,000 kms the Electric 430 Euro's, Diesel 2,000-2200
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 1 of 372
1 231151101 > Last »

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet