boards.ie Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Electric Vehicles & Hybrids>Best electricity deal?
Dont be at yourself 17:15 14-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Undoubtedly covered before, but does anybody know the best deal for electricity at the moment? Have the night-rate meter and out-of-contract, so looking to switch.
[Quote] [Thank]
unkel 19:26 14-09-2018
I've had the Just Energy fixed price electricity deal in the past year (almost over)

€730 for all you can eat electricity :D :D :D

Try them, otherwise put your details in bonkers.ie. Tried mine a few days ago and of the regular suppliers, energia has the best rates.
[Quote] [Thank]
KCross 20:20 14-09-2018
Airtricity and Energia are much the same rates and are the best.
[Quote] [Thank]
n97 mini 20:23 14-09-2018
Originally Posted by KCross:
They're pretty much the only two worth considering. Every year for the past maybe 7 or 8 years we just ping pong from one to the other.

Flogas cheapest for gas, but by themselves. Every year it's ask for the discount to continue or we'll go somewhere else.
[Quote] [Thank]
...Ghost... 22:50 14-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Dont ignore the standing charge. These can vary by supplier by as much as ~€100
[Quote] [Thank]
slave1 23:16 14-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Another Just Energy fixed price unlimited customer, no one else comes close
[Quote] [Thank]
unkel 23:46 14-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by slave1:
14,000kWh for what Energia (cheapest per unit provider) would charge for 3,500kWh :D
[Quote] [Thank]
KCross 09:25 15-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by slave1:
Their unit prices aren’t good though unless you can use more than you normally do.
i.e capitalise on the unlimited thing which isn’t easy to do.

So, as unkel did, switch to them when you buy an EV but on your second year you will be paying over the odds.
[Quote] [Thank]
Alf Veedersane 09:34 15-09-2018
I was with Panda Power and when my year was up, I switched to Energised bit PP offered me the same rates as when I switched and €50 off my next bill, which made them a better option.
[Quote] [Thank]
funnyname 10:14 17-09-2018
Originally Posted by unkel:
14,000kWh for what Energia (cheapest per unit provider) would charge for 3,500kWh :D
I just got a quote for €1200pa, my current spend is about €1500pa, so it would seem to be a no brainier to switch, any catches I'm missing?
[Quote] [Thank]
unkel 10:18 17-09-2018 (1 Thanks)
Nope. They are entitled to switch you to unit pricing when you go over 10k kWh, but in my case, they didn't. I've completed the full year with them this week, so I will be switching myself.
[Quote] [Thank]
KCross 11:55 17-09-2018
Originally Posted by unkel:
Nope. They are entitled to switch you to unit pricing when you go over 10k kWh, but in my case, they didn't. I've completed the full year with them this week, so I will be switching myself.
As a matter of interest unkel, did they ask you for proof of your existing usage when you signed up?

And presumably they didn't cause any waves when they realised you were far exceeding your previous years usage due to the EV?

And finally, did they quote you a much increased amount for the next 12 months now that they know you have higher usage?
[Quote] [Thank]
cute geoge 12:00 17-09-2018
I got caught by energia ,they have a limit on the low price night rate usage and i am a high night rate with milk cooling and water heater ,So if you have very heavy night rate usage check the small print!!
[Quote] [Thank]
pawrick 12:02 17-09-2018
Don't forget to factor in any cash back incentives when using bonkers.ie and the likes for switching and give your current supplier a call to see if they can give any incentive to stay.
[Quote] [Thank]
unkel 12:10 17-09-2018 (3 Thanks)
As a matter of interest unkel, did they ask you for proof of your existing usage when you signed up?

And presumably they didn't cause any waves when they realised you were far exceeding your previous years usage due to the EV?

And finally, did they quote you a much increased amount for the next 12 months now that they know you have higher usage?
Yes, they asked for proof and I supplied it. Based on my 3.5k kWh proven use the year before I got quoted EUR730 for the year. Which I have paid.

No, they didn't do anything about my current years usage

Didn't get that far. I usually switch at the end of contract without even contacting my current supplier.

Originally Posted by pawrick:
Don't forget to factor in any cash back incentives when using bonkers.ie and the likes for switching and give your current supplier a call to see if they can give any incentive to stay.
Yes indeed. But be careful. Electric Ireland currently offer EUR150 cash back. But with my projected use for the years, they are EUR250 more expensive than the cheapest supplier. Cashback offers are only any good to you if you are a very light user
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet