boards.ie Mobile
Page 1 of 306
1 231151101 > Last »
After Hours>Do you think nurses will get their payrise?
hawkelady 21:43 08-01-2019 (19 Thanks)
As the title suggests ... do you think the government will give what the inmo is asking for ? The way pascal and Harris is talking it looks like it’s going to be a long drawn out process. Who will buckle first. Btw, I do hope the nurses get what they want and they do a great job.
[Quote] [Thank]
backspin. 21:45 08-01-2019 (119 Thanks)
I think they are paid reasonably well as it is. There is a pay agreement in place at the moment anyway.
[Quote] [Thank]
gctest50 21:46 08-01-2019 (11 Thanks)
Deserve a shotgun blast in the face if someone dies over this
[Quote] [Thank]
welltodo 21:47 08-01-2019 (8 Thanks)
Originally Posted by hawkelady:
As the title suggests ... do you think the government will give what the inmo is asking for ? The way pascal and Harris is talking it looks like it’s going to be a long drawn out process. Who will buckle first. Btw, I do hope the nurses get what they want and they do a great job.
hopefully

but the way varadker is i'd say he'll cut their pay so they have to go to australia and then he'll bring in his own kind
[Quote] [Thank]
Ipso 21:48 08-01-2019 (18 Thanks)
Originally Posted by welltodo:
hopefully

but the way varadker is i'd say he'll cut their pay so they have to go to australia and then he'll bring in his own kind
How much extra tax are you willing to pay for their rise?
[Quote] [Thank]
gctest50 21:49 08-01-2019 (107 Thanks)
hopefully

but the way varadker is i'd say he'll cut their pay so they have to go to australia and then he'll bring in[b] his own kind
his own kind ? , people that get stuff done like ?

or was it just a bit of the racism from a 10 post wonder ?
[Quote] [Thank]
Wheeliebin30 21:51 08-01-2019 (106 Thanks)
They want more money yet they are giving out about conditions and worried about patients safety?

Which is it, surely they should want the extra money spent on recruitment if they are giving out about staff shortages?

More union greed, where will it end?

Another bankrupt country in a few years.
[Quote] [Thank]
Srameen 21:54 08-01-2019 (92 Thanks)
he'll bring in his own kind
Male, Irish born, doctors?

Or is there a badly veiled racist comment in here? If so, man up and state it clearly.
[Quote] [Thank]
Odelay 21:56 08-01-2019 (66 Thanks)
They have a 6% turnover of staff, not exactly a sign of serious staffing problems. I think this is being over hyped in the media.
[Quote] [Thank]
Alrigghtythen 21:57 08-01-2019 (33 Thanks)
I think they are adequately paid.
[Quote] [Thank]
n97 mini 22:01 08-01-2019 (4 Thanks)
They will. When it's the PS vs the govt the PS always wins. They might not get all they are looking for, but they get more than they currently have.

I've several friends and relations working in the health service (and wider PS) and the common issue that's cited is part-time working. Since it was introduced in the PS is has made rostering in some areas very difficult. The health service seems to be the most impacted of all areas.
[Quote] [Thank]
enricoh 22:03 08-01-2019 (21 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Odelay:
They have a 6% turnover of staff, not exactly a sign of serious staffing problems. I think this is being over hyped in the media.
6%, if thats right its a non issue.
The moneys better in dubai n we're supposed to match it. Eh, no.
Was reading an article on a teacher the other day, aged 30 on 47k. With the airtime they get on rte u'd think they were on half that!

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/money-spending-diary-ireland-2-4404095-Jan2019/
[Quote] [Thank]
Mad_maxx 22:04 08-01-2019 (7 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Alrigghtythen:
I think they are adequately paid.
Nurses could demand 150 k per annum and most would support them, we adore nurses in Ireland
[Quote] [Thank]
Deise Vu 22:06 08-01-2019 (11 Thanks)
Of course they will get it. The irony is that after getting it, if Leo calls an election in the Autumn they will be out again.

The budget plus income for the health service is €22bn, that’s €5k for every man, woman and child in the country. If nurses, by far the largest cohort in the health service are undermanned and under paid as claimed by their mouthpiece, where the fcuk is the money being spent?
[Quote] [Thank]
Guy:Incognito 22:06 08-01-2019 (42 Thanks)
They should let them know the pay rates before they sign up to stop them becoming nurses and then not agreeing with the pay..........
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 1 of 306
1 231151101 > Last »

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet