boards.ie Mobile
Page 1 of 37
1 2311 > Last »
After Hours>Gardaí cricitise paedophile hunters
Credit Checker Moose 15:36 06-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
Why don't you have seat right there?

Gardaí are majorly upset with online paedophile hunters.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...oups-1.3783959

I wonder what the angle of the Gardaí is? Are they afraid of being exposed as doing f all about nonces online?
[Quote] [Thank]
sbsquarepants 15:39 06-02-2019 (49 Thanks)
They should spend a bit more time hunting the filthy bastards themselves.
[Quote] [Thank]
Victor 15:41 06-02-2019 (48 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Credit Checker Moose:
I wonder what the angle of the Gardaí is?
They don't want their investigations compromised.

One group of people looking for paedophiles would actually be paedophiles.

Another group would be people looking to harm others and use paedophile hunting as an excuse.
[Quote] [Thank]
Kevin Finnerty 15:44 06-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
The intentions are great, why cant they work together in this? Lots of reasons which might not look well if written down. Think of the UK rings that were exposed.
[Quote] [Thank]
jimgoose 15:44 06-02-2019 (282 Thanks)
While child abuse is an emotive issue, it is not a good idea to have a bunch of unregulated, untrained, unskilled civilians performing ad-hoc police work like this.
[Quote] [Thank]
oLoonatic 15:44 06-02-2019 (23 Thanks)
While I don't condone any of the behviour these people that are being "uncovered" for. I don't agree with how they are doing it. It is going to cause legal issues surrounding any court cases that may be brought against them. It could also be used as a defence too that they were essentially "hunted" themselves. They also might flee the area,county or country before the Gardai have a change to apprehend them.

If people were concerned, they need to fight for more garda resources and stop posting videos on the internet.
[Quote] [Thank]
Boom_Bap 15:48 06-02-2019 (10 Thanks)
I like what they do, but they need to do it according to the law to ensure there is a conviction.

Secondly, they should really look at the racist/nationalistic/xenophobic nonsense and their own behaviour/language they use when doing what they do.

They should have some sort of trained Garda liaison to work with them.
[Quote] [Thank]
frash 15:51 06-02-2019 (17 Thanks)
[Quote] [Thank]
yourdeadwright 15:51 06-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
There intent is great ..........but Holy Jesus I can't stand your one in the video's , I don't even know why ,
[Quote] [Thank]
Reati 15:53 06-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Credit Checker Moose:
I wonder what the angle of the Gardaí is? Are they afraid of being exposed as doing f all about nonces online?
They were telling people not to post videos of cars or bicycles breaking the law last week. It was bizarre as it's not illegal to document a factual thing in public. I'm not sure what is going on over there but someone feels the need to point these things out.
[Quote] [Thank]
circadian 15:54 06-02-2019 (8 Thanks)
By all means report potential offenders to the authorities but often they overstep the boundaries and make court cases more difficult as a result of their actions.
[Quote] [Thank]
Pawwed Rig 15:55 06-02-2019 (11 Thanks)
Originally Posted by jimgoose:
While child abuse is an emotive issue, it is not a good idea to have a bunch of unregulated, untrained, unskilled civilians performing ad-hoc police work like this.
Seems to work though. Isn't that how the rte guy was caught?
[Quote] [Thank]
Credit Checker Moose 15:56 06-02-2019 (7 Thanks)
I was watching one of their videos where they physically assaulted an alleged paedophile. It is this sort of stuff that will cause them grief in the future.
[Quote] [Thank]
Sinus pain 15:56 06-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Having had to unfortunately deal with this in the past (online grooming) there was an awful lot of background work done before a successful arrest was made- contacting Snapchat, WhatsApp etc to get all the files and seizing computer equipment etc. I’d say it’s more processes and procedures and seizure of evidence (chain of custody) that the person doesn’t get away with it than anything else
[Quote] [Thank]
Credit Checker Moose 15:58 06-02-2019 (5 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Sinus pain:
Having had to unfortunately deal with this in the past (online grooming) there was an awful lot of background work done before a successful arrest was made- contacting Snapchat, WhatsApp etc to get all the files and seizing computer equipment etc. I’d say it’s more processes and procedures and seizure of evidence (chain of custody) that the person doesn’t get away with it than anything else
What training in the preservation of evidence have these people got?
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 1 of 37
1 2311 > Last »

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet