Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you've been accepted into NUIM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Hi I am Jacob doing arts like the majority! ha ha
    cant wait for my first year in maynooth heard from past students its great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

A Changer wrote: »
    I'll be studying English, minoring in History. Should be fun stuff for all involved!

Hah, remember me from the CAO choices thread on the Leaving Cert forum? Looks like we'll be doing the same course after all! :)

Yes, I do remember you! I'll also be minoring in history... I'll definitely be seeing you around! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

*drumroll* I'm doing....Arts! Surprise surprise :P

Maths
    German
    History

I just can't wait, I'm staying on campus so hopefully I'll make some good friends :D Has anyone else gotten any info from Maynooth yet? Campus or otherwise...

amyputz wrote: »

Maths
    German
    History

I just can't wait, I'm staying on campus so hopefully I'll make some good friends :D Has anyone else gotten any info from Maynooth yet? Campus or otherwise...

I've only gotten an email from them about my campus accommodation, nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I've only gotten an email from them about my campus accommodation, nothing else!

I haven't even gotten that! I called up last Tues so I know I have it, but I know nothing about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

iWeeze wrote: »
    Hey hey, Richie, Multimedia, and missing Blink 182 for this HEAR launchpad or whatever so admire my committment please.

Aww man that sucks! :(
    amyputz wrote: »

Maths
    German
    History

All I've gotten is the bank giro thing to pay my fees, nothing about my course or accommodation. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The information packs probably won't be out for another week or so, seeing as lectures don't start until the 20th... First year orientation and registration is the week before, but you'll only really have to be in Maynooth for two days of that week, depending of what group you're in for registration (different courses register on different days, Arts is done in surname groups though because it's so big.)

For people who got campus accommodation, the leases will probably arrive soon. There'll be info with that telling you what you'll need to bring with you (duvet & pillow = very important! :D) pretty much everything else is in the apartments though.

There's loads of info on the website as well, pretty much everything you'll need to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Right so I'm starting product design in maynooth..but i still don't know anyone else who is? :/ same with on campus, cannot wait, but don't know anyone.. anyone else got hurley river apartments or can tell me what their like? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Got confirmation of my on campus the other day, in River Boyne
    Anyone else there?

Can we move up before the 13th does anyone know, just with orientation starting that day it would be handy?. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Got confirmation of my on campus the other day, in River Boyne
    Anyone else there?

Can we move up before the 13th does anyone know, just with orientation starting that day it would be handy?. :)

You can move up from the Sunday evening afair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

You can move up from the Sunday evening afair

Really?! b/c it says our lease doesn't start till the 13th? That would be way handier!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ring first to make sure. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 titi

anyone in riordan this year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mariabitch

anyone doin social science this year or livn in rye hall? :) ****tn it :P

River Joyce, anyone? :)

Really?! b/c it says our lease doesn't start till the 13th? That would be way handier!

:)

Yea it said the same for us last year but I rang and they said we could move down the Sunday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PadraigD

Studyin German, History and Music, sooo glad to see im not the only one doing German. Heard the music course was unreal, lots of jammin time n u make great friends. Really lookin forward to it, applied as a mature student but am only 24, think im the youngest mature student but hope not. Goin to be a great yr ppl!!

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Right so I'm starting product design in maynooth..but i still don't know anyone else who is? :/ same with on campus, cannot wait, but don't know anyone.. anyone else got hurley river apartments or can tell me what their like? :)

Hey I'm not in Hurley but I'm in the River Apartments and they look gorgeous! Really modern and clean looking!

I'm not sure how to post links yet but it you go onto the nuim website, the picture of the kitchen/sitting room when you look up accommodation is the River Apartments as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Rafcam wrote: »
    Hey I'm not in Hurley but I'm in the River Apartments and they look gorgeous! Really modern and clean looking!

I'm not sure how to post links yet but it you go onto the nuim website, the picture of the kitchen/sitting room when you look up accommodation is the River Apartments as far as I'm aware.

Yeah its river apartments - hurley. Thanks, had already seen the pics, just pure nervous cause i don't know anyone who's staying on campus yet...

Is freshers week generally good for getting to know people?

Yeah its river apartments - hurley. Thanks, had already seen the pics, just pure nervous cause i don't know anyone who's staying on campus yet...

Well I'm on campus too! And I'm sure you'll meet loads of other firsties at registration and freshers week. Just go up and introduce yourself, that's my plan! :)

I've found a picture of the River Apartments bedroom too.Here it is, hopefully this will work!
    http://www.maynoothcampus.com/room-style.php?id=11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

titi wrote: »
    anyone in riordan this year??
    The ents officer will be living there I think....along with his entourage. Prepare for noise, and the craic:P

Is freshers week generally good for getting to know people?
    YES

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MBOS911

Hey startin Arts!!...Thinkin bout doin English, Business and Law bt not sure...Any advice?? :)
    Also worried dat I won't meet any friends as wil be goin all alone as no1 4m my area is goin dar!!..... Is any1 goin 2 NUIM 4m Kerry?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tgav32

Hey I'm going into finance and economics,hoping to do a major/minor with the minor in English!!!

MBOS911 wrote: »
    Hey startin Arts!!...Thinkin bout doin English, Business and Law bt not sure...Any advice?? :)
    Also worried dat I won't meet any friends as wil be goin all alone as no1 4m my area is goin dar!!..... Is any1 goin 2 NUIM 4m Kerry?? :)

I did Law so any Qs about it ask away! :)

I only knew one other person going to Maynooth last year. We were 2 of the three people from the entire Wicklow town area going into first year! By day 3 of orientation I met the gang who are now my best friends in college. Don't worry about not meeting friends. You'll find plenty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭TheAmateur

Rafcam wrote: »
    All I've gotten is the bank giro thing to pay my fees, nothing about my course or accommodation. :/

My sister hasn't received one of these yet, she was wondering what date it has to be paid by?

A loooooong time away, no need to worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Every second person I talk to is just short of panicking about "OMG REGISTRATION FEES DID I MISS IT?!?!".

You're sent an email each year AND you've got like a month to register. I dunno why people are so nuts about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 In_Toon

Right so I'm starting product design in maynooth..but i still don't know anyone else who is? :/ same with on campus, cannot wait, but don't know anyone.

Hey. Im a Second year in product design, if you need any info on the course. Just ask :):D

IT IS BASICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY YOUR REGISTEATION FEE TOO LATE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Laalaaa

Hey guys! By some miracle (or mistake!) i managed to get into Biological & Biomedical science and at 24 i'm just wonderin if i should prepare to be the metaphorical "granny" of the group??!!.....nervous but can't wait tho!

Advertisement