Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

The DSP internal AP results are out today so that may impact on the open/interdepartmental vacancies.

I take it that they may positively impact by selecting people off existing inter/open panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinningDizzy

Killer K wrote: »
    I take it that they may positively impact by selecting people off existing inter/open panels?

That's what I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

I phoned PAS earlier and apparently they are up to the 30s on Batch 2!

They couldn't confirm which streams these were from, e.g. if it was 15 from both the interdep and open, as it depends on the Dept. I assume this might be because some Depts "owe" PAS and specifically need people from a particular stream.

Positive update though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

That is good news. Anyone know how many are on the panel for batch 2?

CP30 wrote: »
    That is good news. Anyone know how many are on the panel for batch 2?

I asked that question on here a while back and nobody knows. Emailed PAS and was told that they won't release that information until the panel ends.

• Advertisement

GenevaW wrote: »

They couldn't confirm which streams these were from, e.g. if it was 15 from both the interdep and open, as it depends on the Dept. I assume this might be because some Depts "owe" PAS and specifically need people from a particular stream.

Very positive. If they were to keep going at a similar rate surely a third batch would need to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

Very positive. If they were to keep going at a similar rate surely a third batch would need to be called.

Yes that's what I'm hoping for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Me too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

GenevaW wrote: »

30 seems like a lot given the forms were only due back last week but great if its true. Has anyone on here actually received an offer from Batch 2?

30 seems like a lot given the forms were only due back last week but great if its true. Has anyone on here actually received an offer from Batch 2?

Were these forms not requested at the time of interview and last week's deadline more for what one would assume are smaller numbers who did not submit the form originally?

• Advertisement

Were these forms not requested at the time of interview and last week's deadline more for what one would assume are smaller numbers who did not submit the form originally?

I don't remember being asked for them at the time of the interview but I guess that's possible, it wouldn't be unlike me to wipe info like that from my brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Only external candidates would have been asked at interview. Internal departmental only asked after the panel is created.

gics wrote: »
    Only external candidates would have been asked at interview. Internal departmental only asked after the panel is created.

Thanks for that. Would internal candidates need to go through same process even though they are already serving civil servants? Just trying to understand rationale.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Depending on the department they may need a higher level of security checks from their current department, normally justice, and they would so need to complete the health declaration.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

I don't remember being asked for them at the time of the interview but I guess that's possible, it wouldn't be unlike me to wipe info like that from my brain!

I was definitely asked - my message from PAS requested 3 forms; however, if you were an existing civil servant, you only needed to bring the health declaration with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 LucyLou2017

As poster above said, all candidates recieved an email listing forms to bring to interview - E vetting, health declaration and employer reference if you are an external candidate. If you are an existing civil servant you just needed to provide the Health devlaration. I was asked for mine when I checked in for interview.

On another note, I rang PAS today . They have placed the low numbers off Panel 2 in Dublin (she didnt know how many!) to fill the end of the backlogged vacancies. They expect it to slow down a bit now until Depts come forward with vacancies. Apparently Sept is a busy month as Depts scurry to use up budgets before year end so fingers crossed!

They also said its likely that a third batch and maybe more will be called given that the comp runs till Oct 2018 but they just dont have exact timeframes at the moment.

As poster above said, all candidates recieved an email listing forms to bring to interview - E vetting, health declaration and employer reference if you are an external candidate. If you are an existing civil servant you just needed to provide the Health devlaration. I was asked for mine when I checked in for interview.

On another note, I rang PAS today . They have placed the low numbers off Panel 2 in Dublin (she didnt know how many!) to fill the end of the backlogged vacancies. They expect it to slow down a bit now until Depts come forward with vacancies. Apparently Sept is a busy month as Depts scurry to use up budgets before year end so fingers crossed!

They also said its likely that a third batch and maybe more will be called given that the comp runs till Oct 2018 but they just dont have exact timeframes at the moment.

Fair play Lucylou. That is very positive news!

Yeah i think so! I dont mimd the wait once something is on the horizon for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paul3581

I am in the top 10 on panel 2 and haven't heard anything except for the health and garda forms that everyone got. Presumably that will take a few weeks to clear...

paul3581 wrote: »
    I am in the top 10 on panel 2 and haven't heard anything except for the health and garda forms that everyone got. Presumably that will take a few weeks to clear...

Hi Paul, I am assuming you had Dublin as one of your options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 paul3581

Hi Paul, I am assuming you had Dublin as one of your options?

Yep, I only put down Dublin, wouldn't want to be straying outside the Pale now... ðŸ˜႒

paul3581 wrote: »
    Yep, I only put down Dublin, wouldn't want to be straying outside the Pale now... ðŸ˜႒

So that 30 figure from PAS was nonsense anyway!

So that 30 figure from PAS was nonsense anyway!

Yes, it appears like it was unfortunately!

I have PMed a couple of people on here that had posted they were under 30 in batch 2 and neither of them have received any notification from PAS re an offer.

However, still remaining positive that batch 2 candidates will be offered pre October 2018.

That's really strange that PAS are telling people that candidates have been placed from Panel 2 of they haven't!

Maybe someone else could ring today to confirm? I don't want to call up again.

That's really strange that PAS are telling people that candidates have been placed from Panel 2 of they haven't!

Maybe someone else could ring today to confirm? I don't want to call up again.

I did just that now. Spoke to a really helpful guy there. So what appears to be the case is that there are 30 vacancies to be filled (none of them filled yet) from candidates in batch 2. This should happen in the next while (no indications on timeframes given).

So previous posts are not off the mark.

I did just that now. Spoke to a really helpful guy there. So what appears to be the case is that there are 30 vacancies to be filled (none of them filled yet) from candidates in batch 2. This should happen in the next while (no indications on timeframes given).

So previous posts are not off the mark.

Was there any indication that they might be able to give info on whee people sit on regional/Dublin panels?

Was there any indication that they might be able to give info on whee people sit on regional/Dublin panels?

No Colonel, that is one question that I didn't ask. Do we have any estimate roughly on how may opt for two regional locations in general? We could apply that.

Alternatively it is another phone call..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Irish.sherpa

My HR got contacted by PAS last week and asked about my PMDS, sick leave record etc. I am way down on the panels, so I am assuming PAS is doing checks for everyone from batch 2 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dreaming of better things

raffles wrote: »
    My HR got contacted by PAS last week and asked about my PMDS, sick leave record etc. I am way down on the panels, so I am assuming PAS is doing checks for everyone from batch 2 at the moment.

Do you have Dublin down as an option or 2 regional counties? I'm in top ten on batch 2 and haven't heard anything.

Advertisement