Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It's kinda funny how a summer holiday package company now has the same name as one of their biggest customers, the Teachers Union of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The screeching brats have returned to the radio:

"This is no OWDINAWY PANTO!"

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not that one Where's my earplugs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

"Jooost a schnog?" If it was my grandmother's necklace, I'd be bateing the head off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

wendydoll wrote: »
    The TUI is my new screaming child an post ad. I hate it!!!! Why is it on so often. Why is it so long! I love seeing her getting fired into the pool because I know its nearly over!

I just logged in to say that fecking ad. It's on every ad break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Just to note a really, really good ad that does everything the TUI advert doesn't-Nescafe's 'For the moment's that matter' is a seriously great advert.
    You hear 'Stand by Me' being covered by a female singer in the background, and a guy asking 'if you know my nickname in school was...' ' If you've ever seen me cry...'.

I dunno what it is about it-but it's very well done, and a really exceptional advert. It could have come across as really ignorant and poncy, but it sits on the right side of schmaltz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Just to note a really, really good ad that does everything the TUI advert doesn't-Nescafe's 'For the moment's that matter' is a seriously great advert.
    You hear 'Stand by Me' being covered by a female singer in the background, and a guy asking 'if you know my nickname in school was...' ' If you've ever seen me cry...'.

I dunno what it is about it-but it's very well done, and a really exceptional advert. It could have come across as really ignorant and poncy, but it sits on the right side of schmaltz.

The TUI ads are a move by the company to get away from the toxic thomson brand. The caring travel company that fought a family who lost two children to carbon monoxide poisoning by trying to blame the parents.

Sure they are all cute and lovely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

This nescafe ad makes me want to poke my eyes out. It's way too schmaltzy for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Horrible ad. They should release a few hungry lions into the amphitheatre with that gobshyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

That Ad is dreadful :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

"Can we land the plane sooner" on the TUI ad :rolleyes:

Who would seriously ask a fcukin air steward/ess this only a numpty? :confused:

Some people do ask this!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Barnaboy wrote: »

The TUI ads are a move by the company to get away from the toxic thomson brand. The caring travel company that fought a family who lost two children to carbon monoxide poisoning by trying to blame the parents.

Sure they are all cute and lovely now.

You have your companies mixed up. Thomas Cook were involved in that carbon monoxide scandal, not Thomson.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I dunno what it is about it-but it's very well done, and a really exceptional advert. It could have come across as really ignorant
    I had no idea what it was about, so thought it was very badly done, if the aim is to advertise. I was left really ignorant. I only half watch adverts, I only watched your link as I was curious to find out WTF it was about and what it is for.

Have to admit it is half OK, if you bother your hole to think about what it is getting across, I would not sack people in the agency, but still a very bad advert for attracting people like me who tune out during ads. At least they did not lower themselves to ruthless tactics like the demonic addresspal child.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anything you can do I can do better

Eir you have alot to answer for :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Autosport wrote: »
    Anything you can do I can do better

Eir you have alot to answer for :mad:

Yes they do...and that's long before every bringing up the advert. Their service is absolutely atrocious, and their broadband is even worse.
    So their advertising themselves 'as better' considering everything...that's just ridiculous.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Some people do ask this!

Reminds me of my time working in a call centre for a bank and i used ask 'anything else i can help you with today?' at the end of each call. The reply usually came, 'Can i have tonights lotto numbers?....ha ha ha ha' ......

Hillarious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That TUI "ain't nobody" ad. Whoever signed on that ad has a lot of questions to answer. Number 1 being "What the fcuk were you thinking of?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I noticed that too. I reckon it was deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Bord Gais ad on Boards. The figure to the far left seems to have a weird extra toe on the top of their right foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭corkie

Was watching some youtube music on my chromecast and that advert also got shown.
    Normally have adverts blocked on my devices. No luck with chromecast!

Has not aired yet, but will people be fed up of seeing this one: -

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The woman in the TUI ad has normal teeth.

What is abnormal like what was in the X factor tonight are bleached to within an inch of their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭donegal_man

corkie wrote: »

Has not aired yet, but will people be fed up of seeing this one: -

I seriously cannot abide that ad

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I seriously cannot abide that ad

Especially as it has been heavily edited in the last few years. Cutting out the Santa winking at the end incase it was taken up the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Holy hell.

I don't really watch that much TV, partially because the ads send me into a rage.

This evening I've been flicking between the channels since 9 o'clock, aside from watching the news on RTE. In that time I've seen f*ckin three different ads, none of which I'd seen before, doing the old take an established song, slow it down and do it just piano and "emotional" vocal style.

Drives me f*ckin nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Holy hell.

I don't really watch that much TV, partially because the ads send me into a rage.

This evening I've been flicking between the channels since 9 o'clock, aside from watching the news on RTE. In that time I've seen f*ckin three different ads, none of which I'd seen before, doing the old take an established song, slow it down and do it just piano and "emotional" vocal style.

Drives me f*ckin nuts.

It wrecks my head. This business of assuming that when you slow down and strip back a fast song, it automatically makes it a good version. It doesn't. Lilly Allen is one of many people who need to realize this. One of her efforts was used in a John Lewis ad a while back. Boring, monotonous, melodramatic sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Debenhams Christmas Ad is pissing me off already

It wrecks my head. This business of assuming that when you slow down and strip back a fast song, it automatically makes it a good version. It doesn't. Lilly Allen is one of many people who need to realize this. One of her efforts was used in a John Lewis ad a while back. Boring, monotonous, melodramatic sh*te!

We'll be plagued with them this Christmas. There were a few last year that tried it.

Thank little baby Jesus for the BBC.

wendydoll wrote: »
    Debenhams Christmas Ad is pissing me off already

I haven't seen it but I hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Vote no 2 for the Debenhans ad

And we still haven’t seen the full ad yet :(

Advertisement