Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

South Cavan, still snowing and maybe more thank originally thought at first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

East Cavan here and nothing, bitterly disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭covey09

A cm or so on the ground in West Mayo right beside the coast where we never get snow, the mountain areas, Mweelrea, Sheefrys, north Connemara must be getting an almighty pasting

Drove from Louisburgh to Westport this morning at 5...some craic. Will get herself to Pic of the Sheefrys later

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Still snowing here in SE.Sligo, it has mostly been a light powdery snow and has been blowing about in some strong gusts, about an inch has fallen and covered the footprints I made in the already lying snow yesterday.
    Acc to the radar it looks to be retreating south again so I guess not much more than an hour left before it clears here.
    Great to see the reports and pics, hope some more of ye see some before its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

That secondary low on the Hirlam that MT was talking about looks to deepen as it diverges South. The back of it will certainly deliver some sleet/snow as far as north Cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

_Brian wrote: »
    East Cavan here and nothing, bitterly disappointed

I'm close to Arva/Gowna area. Its still snowing here, looking at met radar, it looks like we are just on the edge of the front, I'm on high ground, can't see how far this goes as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

About 4 inches glencullen Dublin mountains it rained for bout 2 hours before the good stuff and it’s just barely snowing now
    Is that it or anymore to come

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just woke up for a quick check on the situation, temp has begun to drop fairly quickly here in West Clare, currently 6.5c, with winds beginning to back northeasterly.

Ridiculously wet, 35.4mm from event so far.

Also had a gust of 34kts at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Snowing quite heavily in Carlow Town

4qkeib.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Just starting snowing now. Oranmore, Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

What are the reports from Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Meath. Was the orange warning right in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Waterford 2.2c. 26mm of rain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KingKlopp96

Nothing in Dub 18 only rain. Could be day to go on drive to look for the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Just for the record: N. Tipp(measured on the roof of the car)
    3wIAgo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

435762.JPG
    Mullameen,  NE corner of Westmeath.
    C635

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Still raining in Waterford over 20mm since midnight.. temp has fallen to.2.2c but DP is 1.9

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some fall of Snow in Castlebar. Love it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What are the reports from Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Meath. Was the orange warning right in the end?

Nothing except rain in kilcock (north Kildare)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Snow on the ground in Portlaoise alright and still snowing at the moment, but it's no more than a thin covering really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Nice covering this am - we weren't in orange territory - I'd say a couple of cm's. Was still falling very lightly about 7.30am

S.Sligo
    90m asl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Was raining most of the night at this level near Roundwood. Have a covering now, but haven't been out, but can still hear water running in the gutters.

Main r755 not cleared and treated here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So what do we think guys? Spin from Laois to Cork and back today.. Yay or nay? :)

Anyone? Looking out the window it doesn't seem too bad. What's it like further south though and is the "worst" over or should I just stay put today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Anyone around the midland? Was due to drive to longford today at 9am from Dublin. Wet and miserable in Dublin but I know the midlands got the brunt of it. It’s more the driving back later that bothers me

Couple of cm covering in Mullingar. I'd say the main road will be okay later though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

I can confirm the lower reaches of the Burren is covered in snow.
    Corofin is my location this morning.
    It was raining all night and just looking out the window now and there's a nice blanket of the white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyone? Looking out the window it doesn't seem too bad. What's it like further south though and is the "worst" over or should I just stay put today?

I'd imagine after Cashel it's grand as it seemed to hold mild down that way after.

Between Portlaoise and there though could be dicey with ice and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Going by reports on this forum from midland areas I would think we are ahead of schedule
    The met warning should include places like Cork who look to get plastered as the front pulls away

The onshore wind in Dublin has had more of an effect than any of us thought meaning rain for most there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I can confirm the lower reaches of the Burren is covered in snow.
    Corofin is my location this morning.
    It was raining all night and just looking out the window now and there's a nice blanket of the white stuff.

Really? Gives me some hope here towards West Clare. 5.9c now and falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

snowing mid tipp, near thurles. A decent covering but only maybe 2-3 cms, sleeting at the moment. Nice to wake up to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I think we've been lucky in Dublin. Well in the city anyway. Cold but fortunately seems no snow. Raining pretty heavily though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Going by reports on this forum from midland areas I would think we are ahead of schedule
    The met warning should include places like Cork who look to get plastered as the front pulls away

The onshore wind in Dublin has had more of an effect than any of us thought meaning rain for most

I admire your optimism!!! Plastered a little over the top? depending of course how many cm is plastered. A dusting would do me. It's 6 degrees here at present.

Advertisement