Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardiff Blues vs Munster; Sat 17th Feb 5:30pm; Sky Sports Action

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm...ok good enough for me.

Venjur in the queue.

Put him to the front, he said Duncan should be in the squad too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Put him to the front, he said Duncan should be in the squad too

Ok you and budhabob should probably go home.
    This might take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

kuang1 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

There was someone who did claim Duncan should be in the Ireland squad at one point. Can't remember who it was

Bridge93 wrote: »
    There was someone who did claim Duncan should be in the Ireland squad at one point. Can't remember who it was

We remember, don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Bridge93 wrote: »

duncan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    duncan

Duncan Williams has achieved a hell of a lot more as a sporting athlete than most (all) of us ever have. He plays one of the hardest positions in his sport and to be fair, he deserves to not be the butt of internet jokes.

He has put in some immense performances recently and has been a solid and vital part of the Munster team the last few years

Akrasia wrote: »
    Duncan Williams has achieved a hell of a lot more as a sporting athlete than most (all) of us ever have. He plays one of the hardest positions in his sport and to be fair, he deserves to not be the butt of internet jokes.

He has put in some immense performances recently and has been a solid and vital part of the Munster team the last few years

DUNCAN

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He’s played 151 games for Munster. You’d struggle to pick 15 games to classify as immense. 10pct.

Better players have been let go before, it’s a strange situation where he seems to be irreplaceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

He's NOT the messiah.

He's a very naughty boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Akrasia wrote:

Akrasia wrote:

Hi Duncan, welcome to board's.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I've consumed a few alcoholic beverages this evening, and I still can't get my head around Cardiff's second try. Munster's blockers were standing guard at the right hand side of the ruck. Duncan Williams box kicks (in the loosest sense of the word) with his left foot. I'll forgive stray passes, errors, etc, **** happens, but when a scrum half with north of 100 pro appearances can't set up blockers to protect his kicking foot, then he's better off teaching sign language to the blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Flincher wrote: »
    I've consumed a few alcoholic beverages this evening, and I still can't get my head around Cardiff's second try. Munster's blockers were standing guard at the right hand side of the ruck. Duncan Williams box kicks (in the loosest sense of the word) with his left foot. I'll forgive stray passes, errors, etc, **** happens, but when a scrum half with north of 100 pro appearances can't set up blockers to protect his kicking foot, then he's better off teaching sign language to the blind.

Do you not think Rhys Marshall should have been doing something other than standing around with his hands on his hips?

Do you not think Rhys Marshall should have been doing something other than standing around with his hands on his hips?

Of course, but still... Duncan's kick was horrific..too slow and too low

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I imagine tomorrow's review session won't be fun for him. What was that about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What's the story with Hart? Thought he was highly rated, was being brought in to replace Duncan, as second string SH?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,140 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Just watchin scrum v. Jesus that was awful from Marshall for the 2nd Blues try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Burkie1203 wrote: »

HE had a poor game by his usual standards, but to be fair the whole team did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,729 ✭✭✭✭phog

That was one of the worst performances from Munster that I have seen. Players playing like they had just met. I know Williams & Keatley will get a lot of flak and it seems populist to blame them but they in themselves were not to blame for that fiasco.

Despite being 19 nil down we still had the beating of them and somehow we even let that opportunity go, lucky to get the LBP.

I know we had a load of changes but I didn't see any cause for concern when that team was named - colloectively and individually those lads need to have a hard look at themselves this morning a s they meet to review that game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Ok the hands on hips stance wasn't great to look at but what more could he have done? He was the only player in the way of the scrum half and unfortunately Williams took too long to make the kick.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

lads, theres actually a reason ruck shielders will stand with their hands on their hips at a ruck when defending a box kick. its deliberate.
    youll see cian healy do it a lot in a green jersey a lot this year. It comes after referee clampdown on illegal binding for box kicks.

shielding players touching the ruck must be bound on with a full arm minimum, so as a result they are less effective as a shield and cannot break off and block a defending runner. Non bound players must be at least at the back foot of the ruck.
    As a box kick happens, this stationary non bound player is technically off side when the box kick happens. This player MUST stay inactive in order not to give away a penalty. Thus we see him with his hands on his hips indicating inactivity.

We really know he actually there as his presence is a shield to give the 9 time to clear.

in this case marshall didnt actually block the runner, his positioning was poor and if you watch closely youll see williams indicate to him twice which player to watch. it wasnt the best set up, the kick was a bit flat, and there was more than a hint of the defending runner being a tad off side.

but aside from that, marshalls hands on hips was a deliberate action, not an indication of indifference on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

For the Williams block down, either there should have been a 2nd blocker there, or Williams should have not moved laterally as much when kicking. He moved to his left into the oncoming blocker (meta: are they both "blockers"?).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,729 ✭✭✭✭phog

Advertisement